It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Is it May 19th yet? </span>

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is literally right around the corner, but for CD PROJEKT RED it all still seems like a case study in "How much excitement can the human body handle?". We've gotten a lot of gameplay footage recently, but there is nothing quite like a cinematic cutscene to really get the blood pumping. If you've seen the launch cinematics released so far for The Witcher and The Witcher 2 - you should know exactly the kind of quality you can expect.

If you've held out this long - you can still get the game before its May 19th release with the preorder discount, getting it at GOG.com is the one way to support the developers directly, and it gets you a whole bunch of free goodies to boot!

Enough said, check out the night to remember.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Konrad
Abelf: Amazing trailer! What kind of creature is that woman? And why does she say no witcher woud have hunt her in the past? The fight is extremely intense! Well done!
I made a screenshot of the beautiful monster.
My guess is - some high vampire. They are extremely agile and strong, and such contract is very risky. Here is my version of the story (assuming her identity above, and sources in Sapkowski's books).

Since high vampires don't need to drink blood, she probably became dependent on it as a drug addict (i.e. she couldn't control herself anymore). So she expected the witcher to come after her. The lullaby she sings is probably a vampire lullaby (just analyze the text), which portrays witchers themselves as monsters (that's also hinted by the doll she finds). Geralt outsmarted her by using Black Blood potion which started to burn her from inside, and in the end wanted to finish her off and use the hook to claim his reward, but he collapsed seeing how she suffers. When he awoke he decided to leave her there (which meant losing his reward) knowing that she probably isn't dead (high vampires are very hard to kill). May be because he didn't want to cross some line of becoming a monster himself.

Just my guess of course, but that makes a bit more interesting story than more plain interpretations.

Bicro: By all accounts, it's a Bruxa.
I'd say she isn't. Contracts on Bruxae aren't unheard of. And she never used the scream attack while fighting.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by shmerl
RudyLis: I still like ME1, despite all problems it has, and I think it has best gameplay of all three, plus decent narrative. "Visceral" combat in ME2/3, and faulty narrative there were much of disappointment. For over three hundred bucks dumped only for that series, including DLCs. :D
I'd say stay aside, really. Save you at least 75 hours.
Naw, those would be freebies from some promo or giveaway or something most likely. :)

RudyLis: ...
I wonder what's Ubisoft or Bethesda's support are, in this case. When I bought GTA IV they were helpful, actually. Sadly I got localized version and while local distributor refused to replace obviously damaged disk, Rockstar was willing to help, but told me they don't have one. That's still more than Ubisoft ever tried to do. :D

From what I've heard, Rockstar doesn't give a damn much about own employees, and treat other people rather...., well, "we are the rockstar, and you suck". Of course, as many articles' disclaimers state "take it with a grain of salt", but I'd rather believe to what I see.
Yeah, I pretty much go by my own personal experience and as anyone who has observed my views over time likely knows I am quite forgiving of people/companies/etc. and tend to give the other party the benefit of doubt more often than not. As such, a company has to go out of their way to actually piss me off and get on my shitlist. When it comes to video game publishers/developers landing on my shitlist, they need to do a LOT to get back off of it and one way they can work towards that is with titles showing up on GOG.com.

RudyLis: Wow, I wonder, my case of EA total silence of 5 months and 11 month total to tell me they can't help me (with "try it turn off and on again" in between month 6 and 11) are ahead of you or behind? Remember, it's not us competing, but them.

Mhm, game works slow? First line on checklist is "Disable PhysX". :) Why it cannot be disabled automatically upon detecting your hardware? You can't enable EAX if your sound card does not support it.
Indeed. What's worse is games that require PhysX to run and do not include the redistributables themselves but install fine on AMD hardware. You run the game and it pukes and you're left to figure out that it needs PhysX and that you have to personally go download it from nVidia and you don't even own nVidia hardware. As a developer myself I can understand why a game that can use PhysX requires it to be present even on a hardware setup from another vendor that doesn't have support, but to force one to have to go download it manually is just insanity. Worse was that there is the current PhysX drivers and then legacy drivers and I had to go hunt down the latter for some game to get it to work. All that when the game does not actually end up using it after all of that too. Very bad design really. I don't remember what game it was mind you or who made it in this case.

RudyLis: But I agree, very strange way to fight for our wallets, offering features implemented in 2.75 games. In this aspect I respect AMD more for opting to kill Mantle in favour of DX and new OpenGL. Fragmentation does us no good, and I'm not going to take sides in Green/Red war based only on 2-3 features rarely used.
I hadn't read about AMD killing Mantle, but I assumed it would be inevitable anyway and that it was only ever a proof of concept prototype rather than something likely to be accepted and used widely in the marketplace. Developers don't want fragmented vendor specific APIs to access hardware. That is the worst situation to use and support for the developer and the customer ultimately. Open solutions that are as vendor neutral as possible are much better for both developers and consumers. DX being hardware agnostic and OpenGL being completely hardware and software platform agnostic, or the Vulkan API in theory.

RudyLis: No offence to CPDR, but there are chances you wouldn't be the only one enjoying slide-show in early days after release. GTA V is nearly month old, but still have unexplainable FPS issues, and nobody gives a damn. While CDPR are known to be more user-friendly, experience with previous games leaves some space for possible performance hit early on.
But if Witcher 3 is indeed console port, I'm pretty sure you'll find the way to play it, to downgrade it even [url=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFCE6-1WAAABIaR.jpg:large]further.[/url]:)
From what I've heard both games have a tonne of advanced graphics configuration options in the PC versions so I'm at least partially hopeful in a dreamy pie in the sky with rainbow farting unicorns sort of way that either or both TW3 and GTA5 will run in some manner on my system but I'm not delusional either and not expecting much currently so if either work in any way remotely playable for now I'll be impressed to some degree or another - although GTA5's system reqs are insane low and my system actually meets their specs. I'll have to wait for a code for the latter to fall off the back of a truck or something though. :)
RudyLis: But I agree, very strange way to fight for our wallets, offering features implemented in 2.75 games. In this aspect I respect AMD more for opting to kill Mantle in favour of DX and new OpenGL. Fragmentation does us no good, and I'm not going to take sides in Green/Red war based only on 2-3 features rarely used.
skeletonbow: I hadn't read about AMD killing Mantle, but I assumed it would be inevitable anyway and that it was only ever a proof of concept prototype rather than something likely to be accepted and used widely in the marketplace. Developers don't want fragmented vendor specific APIs to access hardware. That is the worst situation to use and support for the developer and the customer ultimately. Open solutions that are as vendor neutral as possible are much better for both developers and consumers. DX being hardware agnostic and OpenGL being completely hardware and software platform agnostic, or the Vulkan API in theory.
Vulkan is the new Mantle, so AMD had no need to continue Mantle as a separate effort. They didn't kill it - they turned it into Vulkan (hint is in the name - mantle erupting as volcano). And AMD said so explicitly a few times, it's not a secret.
That trailer makes me want to see a complete, animated movie in the Witcher universe.
shmerl: Vulkan is the new Mantle, so AMD had no need to continue Mantle as a separate effort. They didn't kill it - they turned it into Vulkan (hint is in the name - mantle erupting as volcano). And AMD said so explicitly a few times, it's not a secret.
Wasn't aware of that, haven't followed things on that front much in months. I did see an announcement some time back on Phoronix something to the effect that the Khronos Group was moving forward with a new open public API named Vulkan and didn't really follow things or dig into it.
viperfdl: That trailer makes me want to see a complete, animated movie in the Witcher universe.
All Witcher trailers do :)
skeletonbow: I did see an announcement some time back on Phoronix something to the effect that the Khronos Group was moving forward with a new open public API named Vulkan and didn't really follow things or dig into it.
That's a major game changer hopefully which should reduce MS lock-in and proliferation of proprietary 3D graphics APIs if successful.
HypersomniacLive: Nah, he's just really really sharp and switches hands in a split of second. ;-)
Lemon_Curry: Yet obviously not sharp enough to realise it would be much faster to simply stab her with the sword in his right hand (and that by switching hands (if that is supposed to be the case) he gives her ample opportunity to slip away).
Guys, you didn´t realize he has a soft-spot for redheads :)
shmerl: All Witcher trailers do :)
That's a major game changer hopefully which should reduce MS lock-in and proliferation of proprietary 3D graphics APIs if successful.
The potential is there for that, but no more so than OpenGL ever was IMHO. It would be nice to see more games directly supporting OpenGL at the moment though. It's happening slow mostly due to Linux increasing in popularity for gaming but still at a snail's pace. It'd be nice if Microsoft themselves would embrace (and not extend) open public specifications instead of their own proprietary API(s), but that's probably a bit of a pipe dream. :)
shmerl: All Witcher trailers do :)
skeletonbow: The potential is there for that, but no more so than OpenGL ever was IMHO.
It has more potential, since it's now designed to be competitive, while OpenGL was held back to much. I.e. the process in Khronos finally caught up with the time, and they were ready to make things from scratch if needed.
skeletonbow: It'd be nice if Microsoft themselves would embrace (and not extend) open public specifications instead of their own proprietary API(s), but that's probably a bit of a pipe dream. :)
It will happen with competition will start pressuring them. So one step at a time :)
Great work Digic Pictures !
Luckmann: ...why would I be? Not only is there no way, no how I could afford the game, nor could I likely run it on a level I'd like on this hunk of junk I have these days, but it's just not my cup of tea. We don't have to all like the same thing.
EckoShy: When did I say you have to like it? I'm questioning the fact that you're calling it a "console game" out of the blue, when it's a game built for PC first and foremost.

Also, newsflash, console games might run at lower resolutions and framerate and such, but simply being available on a console does not cause it to have actual gameplay differences.
The witcher 1 and 2 were built for pc first and foremost, If witcher 3 was built for pc first and foremost the pc version would come out first and consoles would get a toned down graphically version 6 months later like witcher 2 did, and we wouldn't be having all this downgrade malarky were having now when they realise the ps4 and xbone cant handle the original gfx, so yeah not far off to call witcher 3 a console game imo.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by jamiehavok
Oops, typed a comment into the wrong thread by mistake. Too many browser tabs open...
Post edited May 15, 2015 by skeletonbow
Rievier: I really want to get that lullaby song she sang on my PC.
Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD8JxQWMFG0

Wolves asleep amidts the trees
Bats all aswayin' in the breeze
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
Birds are silent for the night
Cows turned in as daylight dies
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
For the Witcher, brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold
He’ll chop and slice you