It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Is it May 19th yet? </span>

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is literally right around the corner, but for CD PROJEKT RED it all still seems like a case study in "How much excitement can the human body handle?". We've gotten a lot of gameplay footage recently, but there is nothing quite like a cinematic cutscene to really get the blood pumping. If you've seen the launch cinematics released so far for The Witcher and The Witcher 2 - you should know exactly the kind of quality you can expect.

If you've held out this long - you can still get the game before its May 19th release with the preorder discount, getting it at GOG.com is the one way to support the developers directly, and it gets you a whole bunch of free goodies to boot!

Enough said, check out the night to remember.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Konrad
Abelf: Amazing trailer! What kind of creature is that woman? And why does she say no witcher woud have hunt her in the past? The fight is extremely intense! Well done!
I made a screenshot of the beautiful monster.
shmerl: My guess is - some high vampire. They are extremely agile and strong, and such contract is very risky. Here is my version of the story (assuming her identity above, and sources in Sapkowski's books).

Since high vampires don't need to drink blood, she probably became dependent on it as a drug addict (i.e. she couldn't control herself anymore). So she expected the witcher to come after her. The lullaby she sings is probably a vampire lullaby (just analyze the text), which portrays witchers themselves as monsters (that's also hinted by the doll she finds). Geralt outsmarted her by using Black Blood potion which started to burn her from inside, and in the end wanted to finish her off and use the hook to claim his reward, but he collapsed seeing how she suffers. When he awoke he decided to leave her there (which meant losing his reward) knowing that she probably isn't dead (high vampires are very hard to kill). May be because he didn't want to cross some line of becoming a monster himself.

Just my guess of course, but that makes a bit more interesting story than more plain interpretations.

Bicro: By all accounts, it's a Bruxa.
shmerl: I'd say she isn't. Contracts on Bruxae aren't unheard of. And she never used the scream attack while fighting.
Wow! That's a very interesting and detailed view. I understand most of the 'weird' things now. Thanks!
This will mark the first game in... 6 years? Yeah, 6 years that I've said to myself "Yep, it's time for a GPU upgrade!"

So my GTX 980 arrived and is sitting here next to me whispering sweet nothings like "Take the day off, install me and let's play something"

So... so tempting. And so cruel that May 19th can't be on a Friday...

RudyLis: That is the thing that worries me a lot - it looks like CDPR used PR MRLS to get maximum possible coverage (I'm quite frightened to open fridge these days /grin), and personally I'd prefer to get those resources redirected to game itself, not marketing. Not that I can't appreciate the quality of cinematic.
Game's been gold for like a month now, and only pushed to May for more bug hunting and play testing (remember it was supposed to be a February release, even a November 2014 date was bandied around some time ago), so the game has been "done" for quite some time now. What more resources are you wanting them to devote to a game that's ready to ship? Now is precisely the time to be focusing on PR/Marketing to everyone else that hasn't been following this game for years already.
shmerl: My guess is - some high vampire. They are extremely agile and strong, and such contract is very risky. Here is my version of the story (assuming her identity above, and sources in Sapkowski's books).

Since high vampires don't need to drink blood, she probably became dependent on it as a drug addict (i.e. she couldn't control herself anymore). So she expected the witcher to come after her. The lullaby she sings is probably a vampire lullaby (just analyze the text), which portrays witchers themselves as monsters (that's also hinted by the doll she finds). Geralt outsmarted her by using Black Blood potion which started to burn her from inside, and in the end wanted to finish her off and use the hook to claim his reward, but he collapsed seeing how she suffers. When he awoke he decided to leave her there (which meant losing his reward) knowing that she probably isn't dead (high vampires are very hard to kill). May be because he didn't want to cross some line of becoming a monster himself.

Just my guess of course, but that makes a bit more interesting story than more plain interpretations.

I'd say she isn't. Contracts on Bruxae aren't unheard of. And she never used the scream attack while fighting.
Abelf: Wow! That's a very interesting and detailed view. I understand most of the 'weird' things now. Thanks!
A few other points which I thought of afterwards. The trailer highlights inner struggle, and compares monster and a hunter. See how in the end he falls alongside her (symbolizing the reflection). I.e. he felt that he himself has his dark part, the "witcher" that can "eat him whole" as the song stresses in the end. So that can be part of why he left her be. Or may be there is something more to it which isn't shown there. The story leaves a bitter and sad feeling. Overall it's a masterful trailer where you can see a lot of subtext and hints, which allow various interpretations. Script authors and directors deserve full praise for such depth (not any less than animators and actors who worked on it). You rarely see anything of that sort in such short trailers.
Post edited May 16, 2015 by shmerl
Nice. Was worth watching it 5 times in a row.
bremitt: i say get someone like Del Toro to collaborate closely with CD Projekt Red and let's have a live action movie already
cal74: Could we not add the people behind the CGI stuff to the team and have an animated movie instead ;)
although not a bad option, it's just always cool to see what it translates to in real life, as long as it's done very well and the stunt work doesn't look too cheezy (poor wire work, etc)

you can watch as many Avengers animated movies as you want, but something extra cool about watching Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downy Jr., Jeremy Renner, and Scarlett Johanson kicking ass...
Post edited May 16, 2015 by bremitt
Did you know that GOG is the "Other DRM"? Neither did I. I happened to be looking at the greenman gaming website and they list on the game page for the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, "Other DRM". Redemption of the game is via GOG.

hmm something tells me that Greenman gaming are so familiar with steam DRM they don't understand that games can be without DRM. Very sad indeed.

Thought I'd just put that one out there ;)
Post edited May 16, 2015 by deonast
deonast: Did you know that GOG is the "Other DRM"? Neither did I. I happened to be looking at the greenman gaming website and they list on the game page for the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, "Other DRM". Redemption of the game is via GOG.

hmm something tells me that Greenman gaming are so familiar with steam DRM they don't understand that games can be without DRM. Very sad indeed.

You seem to be unaware of the CDPR and GMG controversy. Apparently GMG has acquired these keys through unknown means and is selling them against wishes of CDPR. They had partnership for W2 but CDPR did not go into any for W3 and they took matters into their own hands. Refrain from getting W3 over there is what CDPR says officially.
deonast: Did you know that GOG is the "Other DRM"? Neither did I. I happened to be looking at the greenman gaming website and they list on the game page for the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, "Other DRM". Redemption of the game is via GOG.

huN73R: You seem to be unaware of the CDPR and GMG controversy. Apparently GMG has acquired these keys through unknown means and is selling them against wishes of CDPR. They had partnership for W2 but CDPR did not go into any for W3 and they took matters into their own hands. Refrain from getting W3 over there is what CDPR says officially.
No I hadn't heard about the controversy. I had just figured a deal was done and GOG was hoping to attract more gamers to their platform here. Interesting well I wasn't going to buy it there as I already have it pre-ordered here (one of the few times I go against my don't pre-order rule)

They're largely a Steam reseller and also sell some standalone games themselves both DRM-free and with DRM using their Capsule software, but that's about it so they probably don't have any existing code in their website to distinguish between DRM and "distribution platform" so they just override the DRM tag to say GOG rather than making major changes to their web code for what amounts to one video game they've obtained through shady means off presumably the black market, or "unnamed sources" as they claim.

After the fiasco Greenman caused last week harming CD Projekt RED due to greed, I unsubscribed from Greenman's newsletter and decided that I wont be shopping there anymore personally just on ideological grounds. When I see a company do something that I personally consider to be shady (and everyone has their own opinions/views about what that means), then I don't want to do business with them. If they're shady businessmen, then there's no reason for me to believe they wont try to be shady with me some day too.

But the DRM==GOG thing is just a limitation of their custom web content management system ultimately.

deonast: ... (one of the few times I go against my don't pre-order rule)
I'm 43 and this is the first time ever in my entire life I've ever pre-ordered anything at all, video game or otherwise. CD Projekt RED and GOG.com cracked my pre-order cherry. :)
Post edited May 16, 2015 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: I'm 43 and this is the first time ever in my entire life I've ever pre-ordered anything at all, video game or otherwise. CD Projekt RED and GOG.com cracked my pre-order cherry. :)
Witcher 3 hype machine at their finest hours.
Faith: Witcher 3 hype machine at their finest hours.
If they deliver to my expectations though, I'm cool with that. :)
Dang it, just watched the full trailer (apparently I have watched the teaser yesterday... LOL). Yeah, they have increased the hype level beyond level-meter maximum. :D

Now I feel f*cked up for not being able to play this. But then again, I haven't yet played (finished) TW2, so I guess I'll have to crack the problems (with linux version) and finally finish it.
cal74: Could we not add the people behind the CGI stuff to the team and have an animated movie instead ;)
bremitt: although not a bad option, it's just always cool to see what it translates to in real life, as long as it's done very well and the stunt work doesn't look too cheezy (poor wire work, etc)

you can watch as many Avengers animated movies as you want, but something extra cool about watching Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downy Jr., Jeremy Renner, and Scarlett Johanson kicking ass...
True but the design team has represented the Witcher so well that it'd be difficult to have an actor taking the role.
Abelf: Wow! That's a very interesting and detailed view. I understand most of the 'weird' things now. Thanks!
shmerl: A few other points which I thought of afterwards. The trailer highlights inner struggle, and compares monster and a hunter. See how in the end he falls alongside her (symbolizing the reflection). I.e. he felt that he himself has his dark part, the "witcher" that can "eat him whole" as the song stresses in the end. So that can be part of why he left her be. Or may be there is something more to it which isn't shown there. The story leaves a bitter and sad feeling. Overall it's a masterful trailer where you can see a lot of subtext and hints, which allow various interpretations. Script authors and directors deserve full praise for such depth (not any less than animators and actors who worked on it). You rarely see anything of that sort in such short trailers.
I fully agree! Darn, you nailed it! Well, such impressive works need insightful comments like yours.
Wow this game looks 2 swag