It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Is it May 19th yet? </span>

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is literally right around the corner, but for CD PROJEKT RED it all still seems like a case study in "How much excitement can the human body handle?". We've gotten a lot of gameplay footage recently, but there is nothing quite like a cinematic cutscene to really get the blood pumping. If you've seen the launch cinematics released so far for The Witcher and The Witcher 2 - you should know exactly the kind of quality you can expect.

If you've held out this long - you can still get the game before its May 19th release with the preorder discount, getting it at GOG.com is the one way to support the developers directly, and it gets you a whole bunch of free goodies to boot!

Enough said, check out the night to remember.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Konrad
Luckmann: ...why would I be? Not only is there no way, no how I could afford the game, nor could I likely run it on a level I'd like on this hunk of junk I have these days, but it's just not my cup of tea. We don't have to all like the same thing.
EckoShy: When did I say you have to like it? I'm questioning the fact that you're calling it a "console game" out of the blue, when it's a game built for PC first and foremost.

Also, newsflash, console games might run at lower resolutions and framerate and such, but simply being available on a console does not cause it to have actual gameplay differences.
Of course it does. Console and PC gameplay are inherently different, and you have to cut corners in order to accommodate both. There is nothing really *wrong* with liking consoles, really, so I'm not seeing why you're getting so defensive over the whole thing.

I happen to not like something you like. I could go on and on about how consolization is hurting gaming, but it really doesn't matter, at the end of the day. Our tastes are simply different, and just because you enjoy console gameplay and controls, doesn't mean that others have to.

The trailer was awesome, but console games are not my cup of tea. End of story. No need to get defensive or belligerent over it.
I already knew that the third Witcher game was going to be good but this trailer just proves to me that it's going to be epic.
EckoShy: When did I say you have to like it? I'm questioning the fact that you're calling it a "console game" out of the blue, when it's a game built for PC first and foremost.

Also, newsflash, console games might run at lower resolutions and framerate and such, but simply being available on a console does not cause it to have actual gameplay differences.
Luckmann: Of course it does. Console and PC gameplay are inherently different, and you have to cut corners in order to accommodate both. There is nothing really *wrong* with liking consoles, really, so I'm not seeing why you're getting so defensive over the whole thing.

I happen to not like something you like. I could go on and on about how consolization is hurting gaming, but it really doesn't matter, at the end of the day. Our tastes are simply different, and just because you enjoy console gameplay and controls, doesn't mean that others have to.

The trailer was awesome, but console games are not my cup of tea. End of story. No need to get defensive or belligerent over it.
And I could go on and on about how PC and Console games are not different at all except for the obvious cases of certain genres like point-and-click adventure games or RTS that are only possible on PC due to keyboard and mouse. I could try to explain why it's more the fault of today's market and the popularization of easily accessible games like Call of Duty that are more at fault for what you and many others deem "consolization" than the actual fact that those games become popular on consoles, which is merely a coincidence.

But it seems you're willing to agree to disagree, which is a rare attitude on the internet, and honestly I don't enjoy getting into long arguments. So I'll leave it at that. Cheers.
My body is ready.
Added a wihslist entry to release Witcher films DRM-free on GOG:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/movies/release_witcher_films_drmfree_on_gog

For those who don't know about WIP on that front see:
http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/08/witcher-film-development-oscar-nominated-animator-involved/
Post edited May 17, 2015 by shmerl
darkwolf777: Game's been gold for like a month now, and only pushed to May for more bug hunting and play testing (remember it was supposed to be a February release, even a November 2014 date was bandied around some time ago), so the game has been "done" for quite some time now. What more resources are you wanting them to devote to a game that's ready to ship? Now is precisely the time to be focusing on PR/Marketing to everyone else that hasn't been following this game for years already.
Humour is that while there is a bug hunt season opening, people from "perfectly protected" consoles are playing Witcher 3, and not just playing, but broadcasting it, while we, no less legitimate owners, bound to wait till original release date. Should I be at CDPR, I'd stop waxing my carrot and would release game like right now, this weekend was no worse than any other.
As for resources, judging by media coverage Witcher 3 has - been present in places where previous Witcher games, or even any other games weren't present before. Not that I'm counting CDPR's money, but I'd say they either found themselves a sweet deal, or really dump a lot of them into marketing. Why not use those resources to improve game, even if it was ready for months, given that no amount of marketing would make a better game?
My IMHO, of course.
shmerl: Added a wihslist entry to release Witcher films DRM-free on GOG:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/movies/release_witcher_films_drmfree_on_gog
Regarding your statement:
There is an animated Witcher film in development...

Apparently, it will not be fully animated:
Platige Image also stated the film will involve actors, but nothing was said about how much animation would be involved.
Source: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/23/a-new-witcher-movie-is-currently-in-production/

The original announcement from Platige Image's Facebook page (in case someone feels like translating it sans Google language clobbering):
https://www.facebook.com/platigeimage/photos/a.10151074200201991.426135.61763291990/10152192689161991/
Post edited May 17, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Lemon_Curry: Apparently, it will not be fully animated:

Platige Image also stated the film will involve actors, but nothing was said about how much animation would be involved.
Lemon_Curry:
I thought that such type of animation always involves actors, since it normally uses motion capture. Or they mean they are making a regular film with some animation parts, rather than a fully animated film?

Anyway, feel free to vote in the wihslit, it doesn't really matter what type of film it would be - GOG needs to break that deadlock which they hit with film studios.
Post edited May 17, 2015 by shmerl
skeletonbow: Naw, those would be freebies from some promo or giveaway or something most likely. :)
Well, it's your time. :) I'd rather spend it elsewhere.

skeletonbow: Yeah, I pretty much go by my own personal experience and as anyone who has observed my views over time likely knows I am quite forgiving of people/companies/etc. and tend to give the other party the benefit of doubt more often than not. As such, a company has to go out of their way to actually piss me off and get on my shitlist. When it comes to video game publishers/developers landing on my shitlist, they need to do a LOT to get back off of it and one way they can work towards that is with titles showing up on GOG.com.
Well, I forgave EA once, look what happened. :) So if company got there, it most certainly won't come back. But I like your way of "issuing the indulgence".

skeletonbow: Indeed. What's worse is games that require PhysX to run and do not include the redistributables themselves but install fine on AMD hardware.
<snip>
Very bad design really. I don't remember what game it was mind you or who made it in this case.
Very strange understanding of "plug and play" they have, don't you think?:) I mean, they do supply old versions of DX, NET, Visual C++ redistributable, what else is there, but rarely a PhysX of relevant version. Ain't that great?

skeletonbow: I hadn't read about AMD killing Mantle, but I assumed it would be inevitable anyway and that it was only ever a proof of concept prototype rather than something likely to be accepted and used widely in the marketplace. Developers don't want fragmented vendor specific APIs to access hardware. That is the worst situation to use and support for the developer and the customer ultimately. Open solutions that are as vendor neutral as possible are much better for both developers and consumers. DX being hardware agnostic and OpenGL being completely hardware and software platform agnostic, or the Vulkan API in theory.
There is been enough rumours on AMD shutting down their Mantle program, suggesting developers to shift their attention to DX12 or new GL. I can't find original AMD rep's post, but reference news are still present. Still, if DX12 will walk its talk, Mantle existence would be just by changes it brought to DX, and should Vulkan be successful, it would be even better. Although I despise fragmentation, having a healthy competition is necessary, otherwise we'll stuck in DX swamp again.

skeletonbow: From what I've heard both games have a tonne of advanced graphics configuration options in the PC versions so I'm at least partially hopeful in a dreamy pie in the sky with rainbow farting unicorns sort of way that either or both TW3 and GTA5 will run in some manner on my system but I'm not delusional either and not expecting much currently so if either work in any way remotely playable for now I'll be impressed to some degree or another - although GTA5's system reqs are insane low and my system actually meets their specs. I'll have to wait for a code for the latter to fall off the back of a truck or something though. :)
They may have a tonnes of advanced graphic configurations (actually GTA V has only 3 advanced graphic configuration options:)), to spot the difference between current-gen consoles version and PC max settings, you really need to pay a lot of attention. Of course, differences are there, but the grade of differences most certainly does not support the huge gap in system requirements needed for both options. I'm not sure it's even exponential, as picture quality increase is disproportionally low in comparison with bloated system requirements. And that's what I don't like in case with Witcher 3, which is still unreleased, true, but PR/Media noise of "ultra" shows similar disproportion.
In addition, I think one German magazine wrote that on maximum (not ultra) settings game uses only 2 Gb of GTX 770. So you may be closer to Witchery that you think. :)
Here are two video comparisons: PC min vs max and PC vs PS4
Judging by first, you'll be able to do GTA V-alike trick and turn your Witcher 3 in past-gen consoles version that doesn't exist, but which exist in GTA V, and you can replicate it, but tuning down settings. I tried, excluding ordinary unexplainable stutter and shitsux grade of picture, game works with suitable FPS.

PS. GoG, is it possible to notify of all forum replies within one thread, not just last one? Thanks in advance.
RudyLis: Why not use those resources to improve game, even if it was ready for months, given that no amount of marketing would make a better game?
My IMHO, of course.
One could alternatively argue that maybe so much has already been spent on this game's development that they need to market the hell out of it and get as wide an audience as possible buying it, in order to break even, but hopefully turn a profit.

Witcher games, as good as they are, are never going to have the same broad appeal as something like COD, but if they can get the Skyrim crowd, they'd be looking pretty good. But to do that they gotta hit the marketing hard. They need to show people that they don't have to have played the first two games, and they need to show people that might be looking for an easy game for the story, or a hard game for the challenge (and story) will find what they're looking for.
darkwolf777: Witcher games, as good as they are, are never going to have the same broad appeal as something like COD,
That's a plus in my books, not a minus. True art vs mass market junk. CDPR should be careful and not fall into this mass market mentality.
Post edited May 18, 2015 by shmerl
darkwolf777: One could alternatively argue that maybe so much has already been spent on this game's development that they need to market the hell out of it and get as wide an audience as possible buying it, in order to break even, but hopefully turn a profit.
Judging by published expenses of Witcher 1 and 2 games, another may argue that Witcher 3 cost shouldn't be that great. :) Though we won't know it till they disclose it. IF they disclose it.

darkwolf777: Witcher games, as good as they are, are never going to have the same broad appeal as something like COD, but if they can get the Skyrim crowd, they'd be looking pretty good. But to do that they gotta hit the marketing hard. They need to show people that they don't have to have played the first two games, and they need to show people that might be looking for an easy game for the story, or a hard game for the challenge (and story) will find what they're looking for.
True. But there are problems. One of them, is when you try to appeal to new crowd, there is always a chance you'll alienate your old guard, so to speak. Whether it was good exchange or not depends on developer's point of view. Guess bottom line outweighs everything. Second problem appears from the very nature of Witcher itself, being Polish and all that. Hard to make it appealing to people with different culture and different approach, even if Witcher 3 is, apparently, has been developed as "English" game "based on" Slavic Fantasy. I've heard a lot of complains on Witcher's nature, where people, who called themselves RPG connoisseurs criticized Witcher for being an RPG. Third problem, that is according to SteamSpy service, many people had abandoned Witcher 2 playthrough and haven't finished it. Of course, it's only one source of information, but it is still, a source. Not necessary meaning that those who dumped W2 midway are going to ignore W3, but W2 had it drawbacks, and W3-related info already published may be enough for them to avoid buying game at all, or at full price (thus lowering CDPR income). Fourth problem is when you try to seat on two chairs you usually fail - that's where part about being game both for content tourists and challenge-looking adventurous spirits comes. Rebalancing game this way takes a lot of time and resources, using "either double it or split in half" approach may not work. Otherwise it'll be old "skip and jump" play-style Witcher 2 had on higher difficulties. Fifth problem is despite stated mod-friendly nature, Witcher games doesn't have that much mods in comparison with Skyrim. Plus, W3 legalese requirements forbids us from modifying game (also using hacks, cheats, exploits, and everything CDPR might consider inappropriate, but that's another story). So I wonder what exactly we can expect from W3 in terms of modding scene. ENB, SweetFX, slightly better skies,draw distance, different textures, and removal of game design idiocies, like weapon durability and some other stuff? Judging by Skyrim mods library, it's pretty unimpressive. Sixth - no amount of marketing will turn bad game into good and will never be able to smooth the edges. It may provide sales boost, true, but it also may ruin the reputation. And by the look of recent events, people already not exactly happy. Seventh - being popular among wider audience means having less unique features, just to be appealing to more people. This individuality loss already became a disease in other areas, outside of culture. I'm not sure losing unique Witcher's and CDPR's "face" in favour of being popular among wider audience is the right way to go. We already have plenty of other "fantasy RPGs".
Again, could be wrong, as this is only my opinion. There are many like those, but this one is mine. ;)
Mind
Blown

Total epicness!
anyone having problems with pre install mine keeps saying im missing installer files
Aaah, my PC won't withstand those amazing graphics. :(