It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deserts of Kharak
20 hours of 100+ hours of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Switch.
Just installing Two Worlds 2. Going to see if that one grabs my attention enough to stick with it.
Just started the NES version of Ultima 4 (which is quite different from other versions), and I accidentally attacked Lord British (oops!). He hit me for 252 damage! Ouch!

Thankfully, I managed to get away.
Thief (The Remake)
I can see why it got mixed reviews, some of the design decision are really, really odd. On the other hand (between some mediocre areas) there were some really good levels so far, think i'll finish it, although im not super enthusiastic about it.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut
I got this from some Humble Bundle i think, has been sitting in my library for quite a while at least. Not much into HacknSlay but i didnt really know what i wanted to play some days ago (not in the mood for Thief), so i gave it a try. Didn't really expect anything and, surprisingly, i really like it so far. The world is a bit of a mix between generic Fantasy/Steampunk and Syberia, i like the that theres a bantering companion, it has interesting skills and, unlike Diablo, actual multi-part quests (not super complex ones though). Fun, so far.
Post edited January 13, 2018 by ignisferroque
andysheets1975: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: I was always curious - is it possible to play and enjoy KOTOR, if you never ever watched and liked Star Wars and you actually don't know the universe? I heard great opinion of the game, but it was always the only one in crpgs Top 100, which I never even considered to play...
It's set thousands of years before the Star wars movies, you don't need to have any knowledge of the Star wars universe to play it.
However, I'd say it does help if you like Star wars, it captures the general atmosphere pretty well. Personally I was somewhat disappointed by it because I'm not that much of a Star wars fan, gameplay wasn't that great imo (combat is hardest in the beginning, becomes pretty easy later on when you're a Jedi).
timppu: The difficulty level descriptions are so damn vague. "If you are first time player, select Normal"... ok, but what exactly is different between e.g. the Normal, Hard and Realistic difficulty levels?
Realistic isn't that hard...you die easily, but so do your enemies, so if you sneak around and ambush your enemies, aim for headshots etc. you can take them down without that much of a problem. But don't expect to just storm in with guns blazing and gun down dozens of enemies head on, that will fail.
Normal/Hard is more like normal shooter gameplay, with your enemies taking several hits to die (that is they're becoming more like bullett sponges), but you can take more damage as well.
I'd go with realistic.
Post edited January 13, 2018 by morolf
morolf: I'd go with realistic.
(Deus Ex difficulty) Thanks, sounds safe to do so I'll go with that.

Any input which skills are the important one should not miss from the beginning, or does it just depend on one's playing style? As I mentioned, some FAQ strongly seemed to suggest that those hacking/electronics skills are the most important ones. I would have at first concentrated on combat skills probably, not because I prefer combat, but it just feels "safer" and more straightforward if you keep bumping into situations where you have to fight.
Sill playing old good WOW ;)
timppu: (Deus Ex difficulty) Thanks, sounds safe to do so I'll go with that.

Any input which skills are the important one should not miss from the beginning, or does it just depend on one's playing style? As I mentioned, some FAQ strongly seemed to suggest that those hacking/electronics skills are the most important ones. I would have at first concentrated on combat skills probably, not because I prefer combat, but it just feels "safer" and more straightforward if you keep bumping into situations where you have to fight.
I second "realistic" difficulty. Although you will die often, the enemies will also go down with a well placed head shot...

The skills really depend on your playing style. I usually go for sneaky sniper/hacker. The game supports a lot of different approaches, with "jack of all trades" probably being the hardest.
To get the most out of the story hacking is really important, because it allows you to read all the emails and stuff.
chris_22: Sill playing old good WOW ;)
Welcome to GOG's forums!

So, why did you make an account here? Feeling you want a change of game occasionally? :-)
timppu: Any input which skills are the important one should not miss from the beginning, or does it just depend on one's playing style? As I mentioned, some FAQ strongly seemed to suggest that those hacking/electronics skills are the most important ones. I would have at first concentrated on combat skills probably, not because I prefer combat, but it just feels "safer" and more straightforward if you keep bumping into situations where you have to fight.
I don't remember that much about the skills system tbh, but I'd say pushing hacking/electronics to the exclusion of everything else seems excessive. iirc I never even increased hacking to its maximum, I think only thing that does anyway is that it gives you more time to read mails etc., but you can just hack again (at least that's how it is in the vanilla game, don't know how it is with this mod).
Hacking/electronics certainly is important, if you're playing on realistic you need to be at least somewhat stealthy, and those skills help with that; but you shouldn't neglect weapons skills either.
Regarding weapons, I first built up pistols, then later rifles. Didn't increase melee (or at least not by much...you don't really have to if you use that stun baton) or heavy weapons.
Most people also seem to regard Environmental protection or what it's called as a waste of skill points, I didn't increase that one much either.
Post edited January 13, 2018 by morolf
Just started Elminage Original on PSP with Japanese version.
As a great fan of early wizardry series, I was addicted with the game.
My party members are Fighter, Brawler, Thief, Cleric, Mage, Alchemist. All members are level 5 or 6.
The alchemist is the weakest one, almost useless in combat. I think he should class-change to Bishop someday.
I've completed the tutorial dungeon (B-1 area only), and now I'm exploring the forest and swamp of the mirror, but the monsters here were quite strong. I'll perhaps need more level grinding on my adventurers.
Post edited January 14, 2018 by yoshino
I need to break from form here and use this thread for some recs, sorry. ;P

Has anyone here played Resident Evil 4, and why on Steam is it listed as RE 4/Biohazard 4?

I own it, just curious if it's worth what I'm sure is going to be a huge download.
Lula - The Sexy Empire

To be honest, it's not really good. The first chapter still was ok, but the second one gets frustrating really fast, because you have to do the same things over and over and over again.
PaterAlf: ...
Ekhm, what kind of things?