It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I tend to play a big chunk of games at a time, going back and forth between them as I please.

Alan Wake - Close to finished.
Black Mesa - Halfway mark.
DEADBOLT - Still early.
Dead Cells - Defeated two bosses.
Devil Daggers - I think my highest time is 300 something.
Downwell - Have only ever gotten to the underwater world.
Mega Man Legacy Collection - Need to finish Dr. Wily boss on MM1 and move on to the sequel.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - I forced myself to take a break from this game because it was ruining my everything. Those are the best kinds of games.
METAL SLUG X - I've beaten this countless times, I just like to see how much farther I get each time with no deaths.
Momodora 3 - Early game.
RUINER - Early game, defeated the first big boss.
Tomb Raider '13 - Early game.
Wrack - Early game.
F.E.A.R. Platinum

I grew up with both watching and playing F.E.A.R. on the Xbox 360, so I have history with this game (some of my elementary school nightmares came from this one). But playing it on PC is a much better experience with better controls and better visuals. The base game still holds up, and has several moments I did not catch originally that actually kind of scared me. Excited to get into the expansions, though I have heard mixed things about Perseus Mandate...
ljyoun: F.E.A.R. Platinum

I grew up with both watching and playing F.E.A.R. on the Xbox 360, so I have history with this game (some of my elementary school nightmares came from this one). But playing it on PC is a much better experience with better controls and better visuals. The base game still holds up, and has several moments I did not catch originally that actually kind of scared me. Excited to get into the expansions, though I have heard mixed things about Perseus Mandate...
Perseus Mandate is pretty rushed and uninspired. Extraction Point is fantastic however, even darker than the base game in tone too. Plus there are more firefights, and the new weapons are actually good and thought out. Whereas Perseus Mandate's feel like last minute rush jobs slapped in really quickly.

Perseus is also rather long iirc and has an incredibly weak ending that reminded me of some awful endings you'd see in the DOS or NES days, so I wouldn't blame you if you ever decide to ditch it.
Making my way through the "mission" (i.e. tutorial) mode of Fire Pro Wrestling World. The game is fantastic but it can be a little cryptic at times. I'm trying to win a battle royale but I can't get the damn "throw guy over the top rope" command to work consistently. I won a tag match a couple of missions ago despite never actually figuring out how to make a tag.

One thing the game doesn't do particularly well are battle royales. It's just not something any video wrestling game has ever gotten right. In real life the matches tend to be dominated by guys doing rest spots in corners and on the ropes while a few others get their shit in before they're eliminated, but in this game it's just a massive cluster of guys standing on top of each other doing moves in a frenzy, like in a cartoon when a brawl breaks out and it's just a cloud with little fists and profanity symbols everywhere. And of course, it doesn't allow for a full 20-man match. You have to go with 8 instead. Reminds me of the gag in Southpaw Regional Wrestling when Cena hypes up the 12 man battle royale taking place at the county fair.
No time for anything demaning so slowly starting with Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala.
Quite impressive beginning. Enigmatis seems to be possibly the best HOPA series made by Artifex Mundi.
I play warfare 1917 at vevegames.com. pretty cool game.
Plugging away at Shadowhand here and there. Good game for short play sessions. Having a rough go trying to gold-star the graveyard chapter boss, probably been 10 attempts so far (I can complete it, I just keep missing gold-star level by 1-2 turns and I'm being stubborn about sticking with it until I do).

Finished Gorogoa; have a feeling I'll load it again someday.

Finished the new Ragnarok expansion for Titan Quest, running the new character I made for it back through whole game on epic when the mood strikes. Probably time to drop back to another partly-finished game or attack something short from my backlog.
I've got active games going in:

Thief: Gold
Dishonored
Broken Sword 5
Wasteland 2
Aarklash
Hitman: Blood Money
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Got back into playing KOTOR again last night. Did the swoop race, rescued Bastila, beat the crap out of the Sith base, and now I'm just cleaning up my last few sidequests, like the arena, before I get off of Taris.
andysheets1975: ...
I was always curious - is it possible to play and enjoy KOTOR, if you never ever watched and liked Star Wars and you actually don't know the universe? I heard great opinion of the game, but it was always the only one in crpgs Top 100, which I never even considered to play...
I am taking my time in new Titan Quest. Rune Mastery is the real deal!
ciemnogrodzianin: I was always curious - is it possible to play and enjoy KOTOR, if you never ever watched and liked Star Wars and you actually don't know the universe? I heard great opinion of the game, but it was always the only one in crpgs Top 100, which I never even considered to play...
That's an interesting question. I would say it's not a problem if you don't know the setting because it's not like Star Wars is particularly deep. You've got good guys and bad guys and there's this thing called the Force that basically lets people do magical feats that might vary depending on their alignment (e.g., good guys heal, bad guys throw lightning bolts).

As an RPG, it's pretty much an extension of Bioware's Baldur's Gate games (real time with pause), only translated into 3D and allowing you only 3 party members in action at a time. If you like Baldur's Gate, both in terms of its gameplay and storytelling, there's a good chance you'll enjoy it.

It's probably a bit overrated in terms of its place in RPG history, but I'll admit that I have a soft spot for it because I do like Star Wars (I think) and it came out during a time when Star Wars was most visibly represented by the lousy prequel movies while KOTOR felt like a throwback to the classic films that are actually fun.
When I get bored of trying to pass the same mission in Delta Force the hundredth time (Snake Eyes mission, I think it is the 9th mission in the game), I'm trying to start Deus Ex (with th GMDX mod, because the vanilla GOG version wouldn't simply run for me correctly).

I've played the tutorial of Deus Ex, but with starting the proper game I've gotten stuck.

First, the difficulty level. There are like six or so different difficulty levels, the most difficult one is locked (unlocked only by first finishing the game with some easier difficulty). My idea is to play the game through only once so I don't want to choose too easy difficulty either for my only playthrough, I like challenge as long as it isn't insane.

The difficulty level descriptions are so damn vague. "If you are first time player, select Normal"... ok, but what exactly is different between e.g. the Normal, Hard and Realistic difficulty levels? What happens if I select Realistic right away for my first playthrough, will I be bitching in the forums for the rest of the year how I hate Deus Ex, something I did for e.g. Descent Freespace, Tie Fighter or Fallout Tactics? Then again, I did select the hard(est) difficulty level in e.g. Fallout 1-2, Baldur's Gate 1-2, Icewind Dale, Dungeon Siege, Serious Sam etc. etc. etc. for the first time and I finished them fine, so...?

The second is which skills I should start investing in in the beginning? My first instinct was to start with e.g. gun and rifle skills (you have to start by killing some baddies, right?), but I decided to read some "beginner's FAQ" from gamefaqs.com, and it was more recommending on investing on hacking and electronics skills from the very beginning, even using all your points to them. I don't know if that was just that author's gameplay preference, or will I really be kicking myself in the head later if i don't do that, and try to proceed with weapon skills?

I'd rather not first start playing to learn the ropes, and then midway realize that I've been doing it all wrong and I should really restart the whole game from scratch, something I did in e.g. Fallout Tactics.

I guess I will go with Realistic difficulty, and invest at first to those skils the FAQ author recommends...

ciemnogrodzianin: KOTOR
andysheets1975: ...
As an RPG, it's pretty much an extension of Bioware's Baldur's Gate games (real time with pause), only translated into 3D and allowing you only 3 party members in action at a time. If you like Baldur's Gate, both in terms of its gameplay and storytelling, there's a good chance you'll enjoy it.
There's good info for me as well! For some reason I always believed KOTOR 1-2 gameplay is more like System Shock 2 or Deus Ex (or maybe like Gothic games), rather than Baldur's Gate games. I think I like the less action-oriented "Baldur's Gate"-approach more. I'd say I actually disliked System Shock 2 due to its gameplay quirks, but at the same time I loved the first System Shock.

In a way I am in a similar boat as the guy who was asking. I certainly know about Star Wars and I have seen the first six movies, but to me the whole thing is meh, I don't care for the canon and whatever. Same as with Star Trek.

Babylon 5 though... no idea why I was so enthralled by it, while those other two bigger "worlds" have left me cold. Too bad the official Babylon 5 space combat sim was never released, but there are some of those fan-made ones which did feel great the last time I tried them a long time ago ("I've Found Her", and then those which were made on top of the Freespace 2 engine I believe).
Post edited January 12, 2018 by timppu
CARRiON-XCII: I tend to play a big chunk of games at a time, going back and forth between them as I please.
I have the same style of playing, multiple games that I switch between, two of them I have in common with your list:

- Alan Wake - Halfway
- Tomb Raider (2013) - Early game as well

other games:

- Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, - Siege of Dragonspear and - Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition: 12 campaigns in all, but only 2 of them frequently visited at the moment, both past halfway in BG 1.

- Dragon Age Origins: 2 characters nearing completion
- Dragon Age Awakenings: 2 characters halfway

- Driftmoon: nearing the end (I think)

WW1 and WW2 in airplanes, but I don't know how long the campaign is, both around 8 missions in the allied campaign so far (Wings of Honour has a Central Powers campaign as well, once I'm finished with The Entente):

- Combat Wings – Battle of Britain
- Wings of Honour – The Battles of The Red Baron
Post edited January 12, 2018 by DubConqueror
SpaceChem

"Flidais has been lost. Click to continue" :|