It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

F4LL0UT: How dare you even consider buying something different than GOG games?
Well i have a wishlist on both places but my budget is limited so i have to choose between the two stores .
CrowTRobo: Alright, its only mid-December and I'm already sick of snow. It snowed Sunday, then it snowed Tuesday and now its Saturday and its snowing again! Come on!

I go to leave for work on Tuesday and the locks of my car were frozen! That has never happened in my entire driving life. I even have a "car survival" tool which has a belt cutter, a thing to break windows, etc. which includes a lock de-icer. Guess where I keep it?
That happens quite a lot from the warnings I get from the Alaska car rental companies during my winter visits. They actually tell you not to lock the car doors during the winter.
I'm with you on sick of winter already. Eventhough, my experiences so far is with 35+F weather. Just yesterday I walked out of the office and said I'm sick of this cold, I'm ready for the spring.
CrowTRobo: Alright, its only mid-December and I'm already sick of snow. It snowed Sunday, then it snowed Tuesday and now its Saturday and its snowing again! Come on!

I go to leave for work on Tuesday and the locks of my car were frozen! That has never happened in my entire driving life. I even have a "car survival" tool which has a belt cutter, a thing to break windows, etc. which includes a lock de-icer. Guess where I keep it?
I began carrying a matchbox with me a few winters ago when my bike locks began freezing up. Light a match, stick it in the keyhole, match melts ice, thawed ice extinguishes flame. Job done. Probably not applicable with a car, though.

How did you resolve your situation, by the way?

EDIT: Also, our winter went away earlier this week. Finland's not so bad at times.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by AlKim
tinyE: I already blew up Poland once last night playing EE; I could go back and do it again!
You mean the game where Manfred von Richthofen aka the Red Baron crashes in Poland and saves Polish peasants from Russian soldiers with his bare hands? Oh yeah, go ahead, blowing up THAT imaginary Poland will actually do me a service.
tinyE: I already blew up Poland once last night playing EE; I could go back and do it again!
F4LL0UT: You mean the game where Manfred von Richthofen aka the Red Baron crashes in Poland and saves Polish peasants from Russian soldiers with his bare hands? Oh yeah, go ahead, blowing up THAT imaginary Poland will actually do me a service.
The same game where the German's win the Battle of Britain.

Hey, it's fun! :D
ne_zavarj: Well i have a wishlist on both places but my budget is limited so i have to choose between the two stores.
Of course I was just kidding. It's not like I boycott all games which aren't available on GOG and yes, I too will sometimes prefer a Steam or Origin release over a GOG game. :P
tinyE: The same game where the German's win the Battle of Britain.
Hey, it's fun! :D
Without the support of Hitler no less. I totally dig "alternate history" scenarios but whoever was in charge of the historical stuff in EE still deserves a brofist... and I don't mean a regular brofist, I mean a brutal brofist up his ass.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by F4LL0UT
jjsimp: That happens quite a lot from the warnings I get from the Alaska car rental companies during my winter visits. They actually tell you not to lock the car doors during the winter.
I'm with you on sick of winter already. Eventhough, my experiences so far is with 35+F weather. Just yesterday I walked out of the office and said I'm sick of this cold, I'm ready for the spring.
I've been leaving the car unlocked since. I couldn't imagine living in Alaska, must be brutal. This past week, every day was low 30-32F. Thankfully it will be getting above freezing next week. Supposedly the snow today will turn into freezing rain and then into just rain.

AlKim: How did you resolve your situation, by the way?
I had to call AAA which is a membership service for drivers - they come if you break down, get stuck, etc. The guy first tried using a lighter to heat up my key. This allowed the lock to turn a little, but not enough to unlock the car. Finally he had to go back to his shop and get a spray can of de-icer. That stuff is amazing. Sprayed it into the keyhole and opened right up. Will be buying myself a can.
jjsimp: That happens quite a lot from the warnings I get from the Alaska car rental companies during my winter visits. They actually tell you not to lock the car doors during the winter.
CrowTRobo: I've been leaving the car unlocked since. I couldn't imagine living in Alaska, must be brutal. This past week, every day was low 30-32F. Thankfully it will be getting above freezing next week. Supposedly the snow today will turn into freezing rain and then into just rain.

AlKim: How did you resolve your situation, by the way?
CrowTRobo: I had to call AAA which is a membership service for drivers - they come if you break down, get stuck, etc. The guy first tried using a lighter to heat up my key. This allowed the lock to turn a little, but not enough to unlock the car. Finally he had to go back to his shop and get a spray can of de-icer. That stuff is amazing. Sprayed it into the keyhole and opened right up. Will be buying myself a can.
You can get lock defreezer at any hardware store; it's only a couple of bucks for a tube. Works like a charm.

Of course up here they sell starters which start the car with the push of a button and have it all warm and ready when you get to it.
tinyE: You can get lock defreezer at any hardware store; it's only a couple of bucks for a tube. Works like a charm.

Of course up here they sell starters which start the car with the push of a button and have it all warm and ready when you get to it.
I thought you had to leave you car running all night long so the oil and fuel didn't freeze.
tinyE: You can get lock defreezer at any hardware store; it's only a couple of bucks for a tube. Works like a charm.

jjsimp: I thought you had to leave you car running all night long so the oil and fuel didn't freeze.
Up here it rarely gets below 20 F. It's the annual 300 inches of snow that is the killer.
F4LL0UT: ... and I don't mean a regular brofist, I mean a brutal brofist up his ass.
Sounds more like a 'mofist.

XD

You can send all ur snow here if u want. Cant say most of my fellow aussies would welcome it though....
high rated
I'd be glad to give some snow to anyone who would like it, but what I don't wish is this damned banking grief that people have created on anyone.

Amazing, even though I'm not rich, that a bank would decline a payment on a demand instrument, when funds were available!

No legal holds, funds clearly available at the time the transaction was entered into, passed the check of initial funds available crap, then refuse to pay the transaction previously authorized; no interim transactions to reduce the funds either.

Not a credit transaction, not any stolen funds, not any contraband or illegal purchases, no judgements, no bills owed, just a flat refusal to pay a demand for about 50% of the available funds in that account!

Bastards just screwed up some necessary Christmas purchases, that will not now arrive in time, plus I have to hear the moaning of a commercial interest wondering why in the hell the contract I entered into with them is no good; at least temporarily.

They just turned everything into to "unavailable" funds, that were "available." Not a matter of a bad deposit either, as they came directly from an electronic cash transfer from myself, an account which far exceeds the amount transferred, and indicates the same.

Not broke, but bastards should be required to pay obligations up until such time as the money is not there, then refuse. If I said it, do it, and hand me my ass with all applicable fees if I breach that amount.

Bastards will have their excuses come Monday, but they had better not try to grab any fees, as this is bs.

Edit, update: Well, no fee grabbing, but it is amazing to me just how much authority and power little electronic glitches have over the humans that supposedly preside over them. The ability of an individual to exert logic and control over the "intelligent" machine is met with a whole host of requirements and protocols which would have been unthinkable just a decade ago.
Post edited December 16, 2013 by Dischord
I created a Steam support ticket today and asked them to remove all Bethesda games from my account .
ne_zavarj: I created a Steam support ticket today and asked them to remove all Bethesda games from my account .
Bethesda doesn't give a shit. Just ignore those games and spread bad rep if you want to hurt them, but those games could potentially become valuable to you or to someone else than you and since you have already paid Bethesda, they won't care.