It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fenixp: you sound kind of selfish in this regard.
Oh yeah, I am selfish when my life is upside down. And I expect my best friend to understand that - especially since in the past it was mostly the other way around - she could even call me and wake me up in the middle of the night and I never complained, I supported her as well as I could, even if I felt that she didn't pay enough attention to me. And well, if I don't help her with problems I know nothing about it is her fault.

Not to mention that we would have met in December anyway. It's kinda funny that waiting until December and talk about good stuff would have been okay, calling her in October with problems is not.
DavidG88: hmmm... guess I can bitch about G4. Don't know if anyone around here would care about them but they're finally cutting their last remaining gaming themed shows. That doesn't bother me so much as just how many were lost before. Haven't been able to watch for a while, because it had been so hard finding anything with all the crap they put on there. Really enjoyed G4 & TechTV back in the day, shame what happened to them.
Apparently they're re-marketing themselves again. Now they shall be the channel with "The fashionable male" programming. No word on if the new G4 will try to screw your girlfriend in an uncomfortable place.
When they lost Laport they pretty much lost the network. He was basically the socialiable geek and stood out because he knew his stuff + some.
langurmonkey: My ex best friend also seriously let me down recently by not being there for me enough when I need her. That is why she is not my best friend anymore.
F4LL0UT: Yeah, I think mine isn't my best friend anymore either. We don't talk often but the cool thing is, we can message or call each other after a couple of months or a whole year and we can be open and honest as ever as if we were seeing each other on a daily basis. She even made exactly that remark earlier this year. Now I messaged her a couple of days ago when I was going through a lot of trouble and needed someone to talk to - and I felt like she's the only person I can trust with this. But she answered that she's tired of me only calling her when I'm in trouble. Maybe I should show more interest in her when everything's fine but heck, the friend I knew just a couple of months ago wouldn't have ever made that kind of accusation, she would've just listened, just as I did when she contacted me last year with serious trouble.

Oh well, things change, people change, that's life for ya.
Maybe she started to feel used? OR like you said, people change. It's crazy how much people can change on you in some years.
F4LL0UT: ...
Fenixp: Just do keep in mind that your best friend may have life and problems she doesn't tell you about, or just life and problems in general. Instead of saying that she's not there for you you might consider being bullheaded and trying to figure out what's wrong, what happened and why did she change, as you say. To be absolutely honest with you, from what you're writing here (and I'm not saying it's the truth, I'm just commenting on what you say in here,) you sound kind of selfish in this regard.
A best friend is supposed to be there for a best friend no matter what. If I was on my death bed, I'd still be there for my best friend every single time he or she needs me. OR I"d at least try to be there for my best friend every single time he or she needs me.
Post edited October 26, 2012 by langurmonkey
langurmonkey: Maybe she started to feel used? And like you said, people change.
Yeah, but she just has no right to feel used since I could've felt like that more often than she and I mean, just a couple of months ago she kinda said that this won't happen because we're the kind of friends where one always provides unconditional support for the other, no matter how much time passes, no matter what the circumstances are. I liked that idea, especially since it meant that I don't have to feel like making a fool of myself for the times others may have said that I was too supportive for her. Whatever, I guess we'll meet in December anyway and we'll see how things are then.
F4LL0UT: Yeah, but she just has no right to feel used since I could've felt like that more often than she and I mean, just a couple of months ago she kinda said that this won't happen because we're the kind of friends where one always provides unconditional support for the other, no matter how much time passes, no matter what the circumstances are. I liked that idea, especially since it meant that I don't have to feel like making a fool of myself for the times others may have said that I was too supportive for her. Whatever, I guess we'll meet in December anyway and we'll see how things are then.
Then she probably just changed into an extremely selfish person and does not like the idea of a mutual relationship anymore or she changed into a person who just doesn't like you anymore. And a thought just entered my mind. Maybe she wants you to be more than a best friend?
Post edited October 26, 2012 by langurmonkey
I've been feeling quite depressed lately. Isolated myself by playing WoW whole week (but cancelled the subscription this morning as that wasn't really helping). Honestly, I am incredibly bored by the whole atmosphere around here.

Graduation didn't mean anything, on both a personal and professional level. Sometimes, I wonder why I gave so much money for university and spent three years 'studying' about things that I already knew.

And this stupid pain in the knees isn't helping either (oh, it freaking hurts atm, feel like crying). I guess I won't be sleeping tonight (cannot sleep when the knees hurt). Parents are against surgery, but I cannot freaking stand this anymore!
Harassed yet again; the individuals in question have been harassing me for months (a year, maybe?), and have attacked me in the past. On the upside, it was in close proximity to a pub, so I could retreat and report the incident without fear of attack, and the police dispatcher could hear them shouting, which should provide solid evidence - most of the other incidents have occurred in places with no CCTV coverage and no witnesses.
SimonG: Windows 8 upgrade assistant crashed. Not really what I was expecting... O_o
HereForTheBeer: Deep down inside, isn't this EXACTLY what you were expecting? ; )
XD!

It certainly gives me some Win 95 vibes. ;-)
F4LL0UT: Yeah, but she just has no right to feel used since I could've felt like that more often than she and I mean, just a couple of months ago she kinda said that this won't happen because we're the kind of friends where one always provides unconditional support for the other, no matter how much time passes, no matter what the circumstances are. I liked that idea, especially since it meant that I don't have to feel like making a fool of myself for the times others may have said that I was too supportive for her. Whatever, I guess we'll meet in December anyway and we'll see how things are then.
Perhaps you simply caught her at a bad time and she lashed out because you were the easiest target to vent her frustration on? I'd call her again in a couple of weeks. Say sth along the lines of "You said you'd like it if I were to call more often just to chat so I did" and see how things go from there. Her tone of voice should give you plenty of clues.
ashwald: Perhaps you simply caught her at a bad time and she lashed out because you were the easiest target to vent her frustration on? I'd call her again in a couple of weeks. Say sth along the lines of "You said you'd like it if I were to call more often just to chat so I did" and see how things go from there. Her tone of voice should give you plenty of clues.
That is another possibility too.
langurmonkey: ...
... Or she was always a selfish person and F4LL0UT didn't see it for whatever reason. Which would be his fault as well by the way, you should know someone inside out before you call them 'best friend' - term that chills me to the bone, because it speaks of tying oneself to a single person and pestering him / her all the time. And if she indded did change so much, there were probably reasons for that, people don't change just because they think it's a fun thing to do at the moment. Actually, to turn someone into a selfish person from genuinely kind and giving one, well, that would require one hell of life crisis.

Whatever the reason, 'best friend must be there whenever you need him/her' is just a naive notion. Not even my wife can be there whenever I need her, it's just not humanly possible. Unexpected situations arise, life does keep throwing shit at people, that's just how it is.
Elenarie: ...
Dude, let's coop something. I'll keep complaining about Windows and you'll forget all about it.
Post edited October 27, 2012 by Fenixp
Fenixp: Dude, let's coop something. I'll keep complaining about Windows and you'll forget all about it.
That actually made me laugh. :) Thanks!
langurmonkey: ...
Fenixp: ... Or she was always a selfish person and F4LL0UT didn't see it for whatever reason. Which would be his fault as well by the way, you should know someone inside out before you call them 'best friend' - term that chills me to the bone, because it speaks of tying oneself to a single person and pestering him / her all the time. And if she indded did change so much, there were probably reasons for that, people don't change just because they think it's a fun thing to do at the moment. Actually, to turn someone into a selfish person from genuinely kind and giving one, well, that would require one hell of life crisis.

Whatever the reason, 'best friend must be there whenever you need him/her' is just a naive notion. Not even my wife can be there whenever I need her, it's just not humanly possible. Unexpected situations arise, life does keep throwing shit at people, that's just how it is.
Elenarie: ...
Fenixp: Dude, let's coop something. I'll keep complaining about Windows and you'll forget all about it.
If something serious is preventing you from being there for your best friend(like being in a coma or something) then that is understandable. But I think in most cases, it is simply people not caring enough. Being busy with work or this or that is no excuse.
Winter keeps on getting better and better. I did some cycling on slicks. Interesting handling characteristics now. I don't really mind, but it would be nice if the brakes didn't lock up so easily.

Not only that, but it turns out my winter boots are beginning to disintegrate from the inside. I've had them for several years so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but too bad I'm also rubbish at buying clothing, including footwear. EDIT: Bought a new pair online, hope they ship fast.
Post edited October 27, 2012 by AlKim
langurmonkey: If something serious is preventing you from being there for your best friend(like being in a coma or something) then that is understandable. But I think in most cases, it is simply people not caring enough. Being busy with work or this or that is no excuse.
Of course it's an excuse, it's work for crying out loud. Do you have any idea how hard can it be to get a job nowadays? That set aside, who forced you to help or ... Well do pretty much anything for your friend in the past? Did he / she want any of what you did at gunpoint? Did you have freedom of not helping him/her? Yes? Well in that case, you've done so because you wanted to. And now you'd hold that person in some kind of self-imposed debt? This entire idea of any of your friends actually being in any way obliged to help you when you need it sounds rather silly.

If they don't help you, well, that is tough, but it's you who's to blame for putting energy into them in the past without getting to know them better, for believing that they won't turn their back on you the very minute you want to be on the receiving end. Even if you were friends for a long time in the past, even when you were helping each other for years and the help was genuinely mutual, it might just happen that the other person's going trough stage in a life that's very tough or just unbearable and doesn't even tell you about it. If the help was never mutual and you were always giving, well... You should have seen that coming. This entire thing reminds me of a friend who was brutally friendzoned by one girl - I've kept poundig all this into his head and he, thank god, understood eventually. But got incredibly hurt during the process.