It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ciemnogrodzianin: In Poland we've got "Okulary" ("Glasses") by Julian Tuwim, Poem known by everyone :) The translation is not perfect, as always, but...
matterbandit: Reading your poem made me happy today! I love it! xD Really funny!
Inside my head, I pretended to be reading from a children's book by Dr. Seuss. :P

csanjuro: Today is my birthday
matterbandit: Happy bday to you!
Thanks
csanjuro: Today is my birthday
Hope ya are having/had a wonderful day :D
Post edited May 27, 2023 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Hope ya are having/had a wonderful day :D
tomorrow I celebrate with my family
Another great ice hockey match.

Congratulations, Canada.

Latvia, you've played beautiful game. I wish my country play the same one day :D I love looking on small teams, considered to be weaker and fighting so hard to win. Latvia is my own winner of this tournament :)
Yesterday, not today: spent an entire day with my Mom (from 9 am to 10 pm!) preparing her huge vegetable garden for the summer. This included fetching plants at the farmer's market, tilling the new soil with the old, planting seeds and seedlings and then watering everything. We were exhausted by the end, but the espresso and strawberry cheesecake she served us helped fuel our momentum. ;)
csanjuro: tomorrow I celebrate with my family
Again, I hope ya had a fun time :)
I'm happy I was able to wake up. Some people don't. Let's appreciate every single day, every single moment.
Someone spontaneously gave me a gift and it totally made my day. :D It's the combination of the thoughtfulness behind the gesture, the element of surprise and the context leading up to the gesture that add extra value to such a gift. :) Sprinkle some chuckles on top and it becomes a gift that will be cherished.

pawel-t: Let's appreciate every single day, every single moment.
Not always easy to do, but we should try our best not to lose sight of this approach to living. +1
Post edited June 01, 2023 by matterbandit
matterbandit: Someone spontaneously gave me a gift and it totally made my day. :D It's the combination of the thoughtfulness behind the gesture, the element of surprise and the context leading up to the gesture that add extra value to such a gift. :) Sprinkle some chuckles on top and it becomes a gift that will be cherished.

pawel-t: Let's appreciate every single day, every single moment.
matterbandit: Not always easy to do, but we should try our best not to lose sight of this approach to living. +1
My kupuna told me as a ke'iki to focus on gratitude and be a lot happier in life. We find something to appreciate on a regular basis like greeting the new day here. La Dolce Vita((;--))
Attachments:
tsi.jpg (469 Kb)
Met my old friend :)
After much procrastination, I finally set up my cozy little balcony for the summer. Planted a dozen herbs. Placed a small patio table and two chairs. All I need now is to find a string of tiny glimmering LED lights to create the mood. :P
Finished Receiver. Took six hours, of which a bit under 25 minutes was the successful run.
I bought Veil of Darkness on GOG today, even though it's a game that I've owned for years and could never get the sound to work. I finally got to hear what the game sounds like. It's DOS music, but I'm really happy.
Discovered an herbal tea mix containing butterfly pea flowers, which when I brewed it, served me a cup of tea with a cobalt-like blue hue to it! :O It freaked me out at first, but found it quite lovely. :)
Two fast-food visits in a row this past week, a miscommunication has led to a free drink for me. Last Saturday at Windy's, I used 2 coupons: 'buy-1/get-1' chicken nuggets and 'free with purchase (large chocolate shake, my choice)" chicken nuggets. They bring out the order, with a 4th set of nuggets instead of a large shake. I try to explain my order and the cashier swears to his manager that I said nothing about a shake and the coupons were totally identical. Their refusal to look at the coupons is worth it, because the extra nuggets were slightly cheaper and they gave me an extra large chocolate shake anyway.

Then today at Burger King, (another coupon, I never eat at these places without them) my nuggets being in a fries box was weird, but not as much as the cashier randomly giving me a cup when I ordered and payed for nothing of the sort. It's maybe the weirdest of all that their frosty machine has only 2 flavors, but I chose cherry and said not another word.
Post edited February 29, 2024 by LegoDnD