It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Apparently Facebook is down worldwide xD

Whatsapp too though, which sucks a little bit.
What's more, Facebook employees can't get into their offices, because their IDs stopped working as well...

It's not so funny that Facebook stopped working though. There's plenty of people whose work relies on this platform.
Post edited October 04, 2021 by Sarafan
Apparently, Facebook is back up now.

(Of course, it still likely has the same issues it previously had, like refusing to serve content to browsers that don't at least pretend to be one of the major ones, and their so-called "real name" policy.)
I had a very bad IBS flair up yesterday, which meant that today I got to be antisocial by staying home playing games all day and hanging out with my cat. There can be a bright sight to even yucky things.

Speaking of my cat, he had glucose numbers in the good range so no insulin shot this morning.
Sarafan: What's more, Facebook employees can't get into their offices, because their IDs stopped working as well...
Which sounds like the worst badge system ever created because it should be able to run independently from their network. Turns out, just like the rest of Facebook, it's a dumpster fire.
Happy to have survived Monday at work on three hours of sleep. :)
Sarafan: What's more, Facebook employees can't get into their offices, because their IDs stopped working as well...
Mr.Mumbles: Which sounds like the worst badge system ever created because it should be able to run independently from their network. Turns out, just like the rest of Facebook, it's a dumpster fire.
Actually, I see this as a malfunction of a high security system.

Security systems can malfunction in two ways:
1. Allowing unauthorized access
2. Disallowing authorized access

We usually hear about number 1, which is something that higher levels of security should prevent. However, such higher security makes number 2 more likely to happen, which is the situation that Facebook encountered.

It reminds me of the incident known as apocalpyPS3, when the console's secure clock (which can't be set by the user) read February 29, 2010, which caused the DRM system to think that there was some hacking going on (since that date should be impossible), and then panicked and prevented the users from playing games.for a day, all because of the DRM being overly active and paranoid.
Currently Reading: Merchanter's Luck by C.J. Cherryh. I working on my essay about it, I decided to buy research paper]buy research paper. I think with a little help of pro writers I finished it at the highest level. I still use their help to write essay for me cheap and save my time.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by greyssy
Pizza[i][/i]
Tonight I created a custom birthday card for my best friend's Cornish Rex, who is turning 7 soon. I'm pretty happy with how the card turned out. :) My friend thinks I'm nuts, but he appreciates the snail mail.
low rated
matterbandit: My friend thinks I'm nuts, but he appreciates the snail mail.
Taking the time to send actual mail in the days of mostly digital communications....hats off to ya :)

=-=-=-=-=

(to all)

As for me, glad to be back on GOG. In part, it gives me some distraction from all the issues I face IRL(like parent with slightly bad health and sibling facing their own issues), and I can hang out with y'all once again.
Post edited October 07, 2021 by GamezRanker
My three-day weekend starts now. :)
Used up some of my CC cash-back funds to pick up (an essentially free copy of) Tetris Effects: Connected for my Switch. :)

Tetris is still addictive as ever, especially in this scrumptious new package. I already knew what I was getting into through my previous Gamepass trial. The Switch version may not be quite as shiny as its PC counterpart, but it still plays great and I can take it with me on the go. :)

In other news, since GOG decided that HITMAN wasn't suitable for their store after all due customer backlash, I wasn't forced to make a decision on whether or not to keep buying games here. That said, my wallet might not be quite as happy. ;)
Post edited October 09, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles
I got my electric car yesterday. <3

Wroom wroom! Except that that is not the kind of sound electric cars make anyway, more like "wee wee".

EDIT: I don't know why, but now I find "Teslacam Stories" videos quite interesting. Especially the ones where they show how the Tesla autopilot saves the driver from imminent crashes. Since my Renault Zoe has no cameras, I've been thinking of buying some dashcam, as long as it could save the video feed to e.g. an external USB SSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ7vziuw420

For some reason my Tesla Model S owning colleague doesn't like to watch them, he says "liian hapokasta" (too acidic). I guess he means there are too many videos of people being angry or jealous towards Tesla owners in those videos; he sees enough of that in real life, I guess.
Post edited October 09, 2021 by timppu
matterbandit: My three-day weekend starts now. :)
It's a four-day weekend for me! :D
"zee moine!"