It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was enjoying phantom thieving stuff with cute cat girls in Persona 5, but now it's Monday :/
AndreeaB: Are you playing it singleplayer?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Yes! I accidentally killed my main in hardcore though (forgot to back up the save folder), so i started anew! This time no mistakes! Thankfully, i wasn't progressing much... I didn't notice early on that after beating an act and returning in it to farm, enemies get boosted too... That Salazar, grrr
I'm playing with one of my friends on multiplayer and it's been so much fun but i didn't know the enemies get busted, so we will have to be way more careful :D
viperfdl: It depends what one considers 'good'. At first I thought it was kind of underwhelming because of the unintuitive controls and the high difficulty by today's standard. But the longer I play the more I get used to the controls and doesn't approach PoR any more like a lenient, modern game. So now it starts to be fun.
AndreeaB: Thnaks :) maybe i will give it a try
I haven't played Pool of Radiance (except for loading the game and playing a bit with character creation, including (with the help of a hex editor) creating a third gender character and discovering that the game would let me raise the character's Strength to 100), but there are a couple flaws that could negatively affect one's enjoyment of the game:

1. Healing is a pain: The only healing spell you get is extremely weak, resting heals very little, and there is no shortcut; you *have* to keep casting your absurdly weak healing spell, resting to recover your spells, and keep casting them over and over again. (I'm not sure whether you have to re-select the spells each time.) Fortunately, this problem was fixed later in the series, with better healing spells and a "FIX" command that automatically heals your characters and rests your party.

2. The game is sexist; female characters are strictly inferior to male characters. Specifically, female characters are not allowed as much Strength as male characters, and female characters don't get anything to balance out this disadvantage. (This bothers me so much that I am willing to cheat around this rule if I ever get around to playing the series.) This problem was *not* fixed later in the series.

3. Not so much an issue in Pools of Radiance, but later in the series racial level limits come into play, making non-human characters useless by the time you reach Pools of Darkness. Basically, it's as if they included options, but don't actually want those options to be used.

KiNgBrAdLeY7: I accidentally killed my main in hardcore though (forgot to back up the save folder)
Why are you playing in hardcore if you're just going to subvert that by backing up the save folder? Why not just play in a mode where you don't *need* to back up the folder?
Post edited May 29, 2017 by dtgreene
dtgreene: Why are you playing in hardcore if you're just going to subvert that by backing up the save folder? Why not just play in a mode where you don't *need* to back up the folder?
Because i can, mwa ha ha ha ha!!! Well, my cold joke aside, it's a habit of mine to tackle this type of game in hardcore mode. Ever since Diablo 2. In which, i lost my 86 level necromancer last time i played, to PKers in battlenet legit. Dang.
AndreeaB: Are you playing it singleplayer?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Yes! I accidentally killed my main in hardcore though (forgot to back up the save folder), so i started anew! This time no mistakes! Thankfully, i wasn't progressing much... I didn't notice early on that after beating an act and returning in it to farm, enemies get boosted too... That Salazar, grrr

jait: One of my all time favorite games.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: You should try the full version in Sega Saturn, the Japanese exclusive! It has 2 new areas, new enemies/bosses/items, third "hand" in inventory for another quick-item to use, plus the most imba player in ANY castlevania game up to day... Maria (saturn version)! And Richter has two different costumes in this one.

The Playstation version had some data for the new areas (you can glitch yourself to where the underground garden should have been), but it was ultimately left unfinished.
Nice. Sounds like it could be alot of fun.
I'm currently playing <span class="bold">Hell Girls</span> and <span class="bold">Dragonia</span>.
I think I'm close to finishing Metroid Prime. It's pretty good, but I do prefer the 2D games.
Ah, it's good to be replaying FO3 again. I haven't played it since the copy I had for Xbox 360 years ago during my stint away from PC gaming. I know many people gush all over New Vegas - yes, it's also a pretty good game - but there's something I've always liked more about Beth's first effort. *shrug*

For as old as the game is now with its ever-creaky engine, I think it actually still looks surprisingly good for its age, thanks to being able to run with everything cranked up to the max with my GPU saying: "That's it?" ;) I also like how loading transitions are only ever a few seconds at the most even on ye olde mechanical HDD. I'll finally get to play the extra DLC content, too.
mistermumbles: Ah, it's good to be replaying FO3 again. I haven't played it since the copy I had for Xbox 360 years ago during my stint away from PC gaming. I know many people gush all over New Vegas - yes, it's also a pretty good game - but there's something I've always liked more about Beth's first effort. *shrug*

For as old as the game is now with its ever-creaky engine, I think it actually still looks surprisingly good for its age, thanks to being able to run with everything cranked up to the max with my GPU saying: "That's it?" ;) I also like how loading transitions are only ever a few seconds at the most even on ye olde mechanical HDD. I'll finally get to play the extra DLC content, too.
I had such a blast with this game. I loved my sniper rifle, taking out deathclaws at 7000 yards. I know I'll be firing this one up again at some point (going to have to go at Oblivion first).
dtgreene: I haven't played Pool of Radiance (except for loading the game and playing a bit with character creation, including (with the help of a hex editor) creating a third gender character and discovering that the game would let me raise the character's Strength to 100), but there are a couple flaws that could negatively affect one's enjoyment of the game:

1. Healing is a pain: The only healing spell you get is extremely weak, resting heals very little, and there is no shortcut; you *have* to keep casting your absurdly weak healing spell, resting to recover your spells, and keep casting them over and over again. (I'm not sure whether you have to re-select the spells each time.) Fortunately, this problem was fixed later in the series, with better healing spells and a "FIX" command that automatically heals your characters and rests your party.

2. The game is sexist; female characters are strictly inferior to male characters. Specifically, female characters are not allowed as much Strength as male characters, and female characters don't get anything to balance out this disadvantage. (This bothers me so much that I am willing to cheat around this rule if I ever get around to playing the series.) This problem was *not* fixed later in the series.

3. Not so much an issue in Pools of Radiance, but later in the series racial level limits come into play, making non-human characters useless by the time you reach Pools of Darkness. Basically, it's as if they included options, but don't actually want those options to be used.
Thank you for telling me all of that. Hearing that a game is a sexist kinda makes me not to want to play this game.I always play as a female character and knowing I will have to cheat to balance this is really off putting. I will give it a try and see how it is but I won't force myself to finish this game :)
Playing the original WASTELAND 1, not the inxile overlay release version.
DOSBox setting: fullscreen=false, fulldouble=true, and PC Speaker=false.

Made the precaution of backing up my starting unique WL1 party in case of game glitches
& did the "recruit/transfer weapon/disband" trick a few times to build up a cash reserve.

Everone is in bulletproof shirts now. Half my party is doing melee combat, the other half switched back to ranged combat....thanks to failed password checks in Quartz that lead to staggering amounts of 9mm/.45cal /7.62mm ammo combat loot.

Wasteland 1 thoughts so far:
-Macro commands are god: using PER check & picklock macro's so far.
-Enemies don't go into hot desert tiles, good resting place if precautions taken.
-Harry the Bunnymaster will always be.....Harry the Bunnymaster.
Stuck in a hotel room for the past three days playing Evil Genius on a laptop older than I am. :P
tinyE: Stuck in a hotel room for the past three days playing Evil Genius on a laptop older than I am. :P
Love that game! Be sure to throw some 'bad guys' into the mess hall's giant mixer >:)
Dark Souls 2. I'm not really "feeling it" the way I did the other Soulsborne games I've played, and I'm not nearly into that series to the extent that some people are to begin with). In fact, this my second attempt after getting bored and giving up the first time. Now that I'm a little further into it, it's growing on me a little, so we'll see. I've only killed three bosses so far, and none of them were really memorable, although I did get a lot of satisfaction our of parrying Pursuer to death; I never managed to get that down in the original DS. Hitting No Man's Wharf tonight.
Just started my second 999 playthrough. Got the incredibly lame Clover ending on the first one. Thankfully there are new puzzles to solve.