It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Plastic_Hero: Btw, did you ever try Desperados? Is as good as if not better than Commandos.
Enebias: Yes, I did, and I definitley agree with you! Personally, I liked it more, even if imo Commandos allowed a lot more freedom in the tatctics.
Desperados uses basically the same formula of Commandos, only with a few added "finesses" like the quick "combined" action key (the first Commandos would have been soooo much easier with it) and the sound system (for example, different types of ground make different noises and you can cover your shots with a waterfall).

It's really too bad that the game is not available any more on GOG, imo the greatest loss among Nordic's catalogue tiltles along with Gothic 2.
Yes, It's by far the greatest loss in Nordic's catalogue :C , luckily I picked it up when they were for sale prior to disappearing (well, I never played any of the Gothic games so I don't know about them).

I had Desperados back in the day too, and I remember making it about halfway through the game. It is much easier than Commandos, but it's every bit as fun. And I agree, the 'quick action' mechanic is one of it's greatest features, I was talking with a friend a few days ago about how that mechanic would have made Commandos a much 'smoother' game overall.

On a side note, is your profile pic from 'The Blackwell Bundle'? I bought that game some time ago on GOG and haven't played it yet. Is it any good?
Plastic_Hero: On a side note, is your profile pic from 'The Blackwell Bundle'? I bought that game some time ago on GOG and haven't played it yet. Is it any good?
I played through the entire Blackwell bundle recently.
It consists of 4 games, The second is a prequel of sorts.

Yes they're quite good. You might not like the artstyle of a particular one but it changes with every game.
Post edited December 03, 2014 by omega64
Enebias: *snip*

On a side note, is your profile pic from 'The Blackwell Bundle'? I bought that game some time ago on GOG and haven't played it yet. Is it any good?
I think it's from a Text Murphy game.
I played through the entire Blackwell bundle recently.
It consists of 4 games, The second is a prequel of sorts.

Yes they're quite good. You might not like the artstyle of a particular one but it changes with every game.
omega64:
4 games? Cool! I thought they were episodes in the same adventure, in the vein of the Telltale games like Tales of Monkey Island or The Walking Dead. I'm much more excited for Blackwell now, I had swept it aside since I'm not a fan of the episodic format, but I bought it anyway because it was on sale. I'll give it a try as soon as I can!
Plastic_Hero: On a side note, is your profile pic from 'The Blackwell Bundle'? I bought that game some time ago on GOG and haven't played it yet. Is it any good?
Yes, it is! Joey Mallone, unenthusiastic spirit guide! ;)

As omega64 says, the bundle contains the first four games (Epiphany, the last episode in the series, being the only exception).
This time I am clearly biased, but I can say that the games are memorable, especially when played one right after the other: when you will try them, I'm sure you will notice a *massive* improvement from chapter to chapter, clearly showing Wadjed Eye's growth as a studio from the quite naive and raw Legacy to the much more mature and complex Deception (though my favourite always remain Convergence).
All of them follow the classic point'n'click school, but none is so difficult to let you feel stuck for more than a few minutes, perfecly keeping up the pace of the puzzles with the flow of the narrative.

I definitely recommend them -along with the excellent <span class="bold">Primordia</span> and <span class="bold">Gemini Rue</span>- both to you and to everyone else.
Post edited December 02, 2014 by Enebias
Sounds awesome, I like that "meta-progression" (of the studio rather than the game itself) you talk about :) I have little time left for gaming these days, but I'll give it a try asap.

Good thing I bought Primordia recently then, i was a bit on the fence about that one, mainly because I already have many point and click adventures in my backlog.

Regarding Gemini Rue, a friend recommended it to me some time ago, and it has been on my gog shelf for quite some time now, but I haven't tried it yet. I was told that one isn's *just* a point and click adventure, but that it has it's share of action too.
Enebias: Yes, it is! Joey Mallone, unenthusiastic spirit guide! ;)

As omega64 says, the bundle contains the first four games (Epiphany, the last episode in the series, being the only exception).
This time I am clearly biased, but I can say that the games are memorable, especially when played one right after the other: when you will try them, I'm sure you will notice a *massive* improvement from chapter to chapter, clearly showing Wadjed Eye's growth as a studio from the quite naive and raw Legacy to the much more mature and complex Deception (though my favourite always remain Convergence).
All of them follow the classic point'n'click school, but none is so difficult to let you feel stuck for more than a few minutes, perfecly keeping up the pace of the puzzles with the flow of the narrative.

I definitely recommend them -along with the excellent <span class="bold">Primordia</span> and <span class="bold">Gemini Rue</span>- both to you and to everyone else.
Sounds awesome, I like that "meta-progression" (of the studio rather than the game itself) you talk about :) I have little time left for gaming these days, but I'll give it a try asap.

Good thing I bought Primordia recently then, i was a bit on the fence about that one, mainly because I already have many point and click adventures in my backlog.

Regarding Gemini Rue, a friend recommended it to me some time ago, and it has been on my gog shelf for quite some time now, but I haven't tried it yet. I was told that one isn's *just* a point and click adventure, but that it has it's share of action too.
Icewind Dale 1
about halfway thru Far Cry 3 right now
Ghostship Aftermath.. No specific expectations. Horror-Sci-Fi designed for the Occulus rift.

I have the game from an old Groupees bundle. Curious of what it is.
Post edited December 03, 2014 by koima57
Been playing some Walking Dead season 2, Persona Q and Shovel Knight on the 3DS

One loves to make me cry, one is hard but fun, and the last is a nostalgia truck
Playing through Skyrim, the Deponia trilogy and, while the remake is still expensive, unfruitfully trying to unlock everything in Binding of Isaac.
Zeno Clash 2 - bad game, too many worthless enemies. Zeno Clash 1 was wonderfully done game. This instead is like piece of shit. It's like playing MMO without anybody. Huge locations, too фшьдуыыдн many wandering enemies. Hubs between world areas. You partner is always present in cutscenes, but not in game, unless you spawn her for a number of fights. That's it! Plot and music - best parts of the first game, here were ruined. The some places without music at all, and a plot as well.

LBA 2 - annoyingly long game. Greatly done, neat graphics. But this game was released in 1997, but it was coded like in 1995. First game was released in 1994, digitized music, beatiful pre-rendered backgrounds. And now what we have? Badly done 3D (oh yeah!) pre-rendered backgrounds which can be rotated with camera view. But you know what, it's not like in Tomb Raider, in REAL TIME, but done by pressing <Enter> key. You must be kidding me. You've done 3 years for this engine improvements. And the plot. It's inferior to previous one. Now it's simple evil Aliens, go kill them all. In LBA 1 there was suspense, mystery, thriller, detective elements. Here it's a cheap soap opera for kids about hero in pajamas.

Game of Thrones (Telltale) - unpleasantly short game with so few dialog *consequences*. I mean what the hell with that he *Will remember" what I said, if he'll die in a 5 minutes. Can it even be noted by games, what are the possible consequences? Nightmare, or ghost visitations, possible suicide of great many sins. Really, Telltale, are you stupid of what?

Shadowrun Returns - best ever, game of the year 2013. The plot and dialogue lines are magnificent. Who are the writer, he is genius. I don't like how badly were put together two absolutely different plot lines (about murderer and it's client). All the other things were done brilliantly well. And it's hell of a buggy game.
Enebias: Yes, it is! Joey Mallone, unenthusiastic spirit guide! ;)

Lately I´m trying the adventure genre and I´m enjoying it more than I used to. It sounds really good, though Ive never been very confident on Wadget Eye´s games.
Anyway, I will try one of them, I feel like playing them after reading your recommendation :)

Btw, at the moment I´m playing mostly multiplayer games: Sonic & all-star racing and League of Legends, and I want to try Aliens vs Predator that GoG gifted some time ago.
Chaos Rings.

I have it on my Ps Vita, a Playstation Mobile game also on android and IOS I think.

Tha framerate is poor but the game is interesting, a light J-RPG.
Finally got around to firing up Divinity:Original Sin last night. Only played for about an hour after character creation, but I'm liking it so far (other than the horribly restricted camera and bad camera controls, but I fixed the former with a config file alteration. Not much can be done about the latter though).