It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: So, in other words, the game didn't misbehave, as it apparently uses more than just one byte to store each player's score.

There's a rather interesting TAS of an old soccer video game where some really strange things happen:
http://tasvideos.org/Game/snes-international-superstar-soccer-deluxe.html
(Can you guess the final score of that game?)
Yep, I was expecting that, it could not handle triple digits.
Game looks great though, thank you, reminds me of FIFA in the 90s.
Imperator Rome

No dlc

Trying again mare nostrum achievement with rome. Last time it was way before 2.0 version.

Love it so far. Sortoff weird how downscale military feels now.

With single cohort, 2 levies, 1 mercenary stack of 10k I'm fighting Macedon empore with ease.

Before that I had to operate on dozen fronts in Greece, with 10 stacks attacking and retreating to protect my borders and gains.

Here just one 20k stack leads the invasion while I siege a couple of forts with levies and mercs.

Lack of dozens of 2k armies retaking conquered territories makes waring simpler when you are the stronger force.

I am playing rome and on normal.
Voodoo Kid for old time's sake. Great "port" if you ask me, GOG and others can "wine" the entire planet and I wouldn't care. The audio on this one is something other worldly. Great voiceovers and soundtrack. Not that much comical (I remember that 1997 me liked it a bunch) and it's a bit kid friendly.

Ruvika: I started several games, Rad Rodgers, Giana Sisters, Sine Mora, The Witcher 2 and STALKER Clear Sky, but Stardew Valley is consuming all my time XD
holy crap a ton of amazing games all at once? you crazy ;)
Post edited June 15, 2021 by victorchopin
More NBA 2K21 since I enjoy it lately.

Minnesota Timberwolves - Phoenix Suns 86-151
Devin Booker led the way (once more, no surprise here) with 75 points (15 3PT). This was the second consecutive game in which I passed the 70 points mark with Booker, nice to see that.
Phoenix plays great as team and this can be seen in real life as well.
Minnesota had an all-around terrible game, shooting just 30%. And although they showed signs of improvement during the second half, the game was already done by half-time (Phoenix had a 69-32 lead).

Atlanta Hawks - Golden State Warriors 130-159
A monster game from Steph Curry: 66 points on 55% shooting (including 10 threes) in just 32 minutes. He literally put Atlanta on skates before half-time, going into the break with 45.
Despite a strong first half, I had a sloppy third quarter on the defensive end, thus allowing my opponent to come back into the game. With Curry on the bench for the most of the 4th quarter, Draymond Green came up big down the stretch (he finished with 22 pts, 9 reb, 9 ast) and Golden State outscored Atlanta by 26 just at the right time.
This is an example of a game in which I heavily relied on the superstar, fortunately the plan worked. Had it not been for Curry's stellar shooting, I imagine the outcome would've been different.
Overall I was happy with the 3PT shooting as I converted 51% (as opposed to the usual 30-35%).
Post edited June 16, 2021 by patrikc
Hellpoint.
I haven't had a lot of time for games lately, but I did catch the movie Man Vs. Snake, sort of a companion piece to King of Kong, about competition for the world record on Nibbler (it's a good movie). I'd played Nibbler a couple of times before, but I decided to give it a shot after seeing the movie and played a few rounds. I think my score topped out around 20,000 before I'd had enough. It's not a bad game but it isn't particularly great, either. What I can say after my dabbling is that playing Nibbler for over 40 hours in a quest to score over a billion points sounds absolutely crazy to me. Sort of admirable in the sense of the endurance and single-minded determination required, but definitely...not for me.
SPOILERS ahead so read at your own risk.

Playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for a change and...

...somehow (while hunting on Kephallonia at night) I managed to retrieve the Eye of the Cyclops from a goat's carcass. 2750 drachmae with a single, well-placed arrow. And the Stink Eye bronze trophy, which made me laugh. Good hunting, misthios.
What's even funnier (don't know if this is an oversight from the devs) is that I now have in my inventory both the Obsidian Eye (initially "appropriated" and then stuffed in the goat's behind) and a fragment of the same eye - both dropped by the poor goat upon death.

GOG, please, when are we going to get spoiler tags?
SaGa Frontier 2: Now have every art except for Arrow Rain and Grand Slam, both of which are bugged to not scale properly with stats/weapon. (Song of Earth isn't that hard to get; I just had Julia use Windbreaker on a Land Urchin, and I got it on the 9th attempt. Soul Hymn took a bit longer, but wasn't too bad.)
Playing as the Byzantine Empire in Civilization IV and putting those Cataphracts to good use.
Final Fantasy VII, on Playstation Classic Mini.
M3troid: Final Fantasy VII, on Playstation Classic Mini.
I wish the US Playstation Classic Mini had had as much of an RPG selection as the Japanese version; the Japanese version got games like SaGa Frontier that weren't in the US one. (If it had that, I would have considered it, but as is, I had no interest.)
Alternating between:

Field of Glory 2,:random battles, my win ratio is still mediocre. However, I've decided to stick with one army and really learn how to play that well.Even though the RNG is heavy in this, it's modelled after board- & dice games after all, I'm enjoying the game. One of my favourite games in recent years.

Order of Battle WW2, US Pacific campaign. Started out OK but quite difficult at times, even at my lower level of difficulty, it's not easy "levelling up" your squads and the Japanese are really tough and strong. Extremely addictive game.

Warlords 3. Played it as a youngster, still enjoying it.

Transport Fever 2. Overall I like it, but it can be annoying at times to figure out why a certain route you have created doesn't work. The game has its own sense of logic that you have to tap into. The detail is not so great either; the Siberian city I was building in had typical Brittish names for the streets instead of Russian.

Overload. I wanted a more fast-paced game and this is really fun. Might go back and repaly the older games after this.
Can't seem to tear myself from Cataclysm:DDA. Currently planning to go and 'kidnap' a cow from a diary farm, so that I can have a source of milk. It's just that finding a dairy farm where the cows haven't turned into deadly zombie cows is a luck shot.
Thunder Hoop 2 - Piepacker

Man. This game was fueled by cocaine, Heavy Metal magazine, Aliens and Hustler. Spent about 1 hour yesterday playing and ending this one with a friend on Piepacker. The art is insane and I love it. The two characters are a mixture of Contra and Dragonball Z. Instead of guns they use fireballs from their hands and when struck they turn into Sonic rings or intergalactic donuts. So naturally I found it and downloaded for safe keepings.
Replayed the Mass Effect trilogy via the "Legendary Edition" and had a great time. Obviously some flaws, and less RPG as it goes along, but still really great stuff overall. Mostly because of the story and settings to be honest. Usually gameplay trumps all that but these are great examples of the opposite.

Went into a Mass Effect Andromeda replay after that, which further exemplifies the point... much better gameplay in pretty much every way, but nowhere near as good of a story or quest design.