It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IronArcturus: Does anyone know when the GOG Update Icon will be fixed?
After about two months of no update flag in the user account, a month of no response to a support submission and no word at all from gog, it's beginning to look like they will never fix the problem, but instead require the use of galaxy.

I invite others to join me in a boycott of gog until they properly fix this. I bet nothing will be done unless they pressured into doing so.
drrhodes: After about two months of no update flag in the user account, a month of no response to a support submission and no word at all from gog, it's beginning to look like they will never fix the problem, but instead require the use of galaxy.

I invite others to join me in a boycott of gog until they properly fix this. I bet nothing will be done unless they pressured into doing so.
My experience with the "update" icon in our library here on the browser is that it signified that games were updated...on Galaxy but NOT necessarily updated yet on offline installers. In other words it wasn't really that helpful to us non-Galaxy users and we ended up having to follow this thread religiously to know that when we download updates, they are actually updates and not just the same version we have. To say nothing of some "updates" which are functionally useless to me like languages I don't speak, overlay, etc, which I wouldn't feel I need to download. You do you, but I don't think this is the right battle to have.
high rated
Low Magic Age

Low Magic Age has been updated to Version: 0.91.26.2 (Offline installers now updated)

Changelog (for 0.91.26)

Update 0.91.26 (9 May 2020)
New epic level (after 20th level) feats: Overwhelming Critical, Improved Sneak Attack, Terrifying Rage
Overwhelming Critical

When using a melee weapon, you deal an extra damage on a successful critical hit:
If the weapon’s critical multiplier is x2, add an extra 1d6 points of damage.
If the weapon’s critical multiplier is x3, add an extra 2d6 points of damage.
If the weapon’s critical multiplier is x4, add an extra 3d6 points of damage.

Creatures immune to critical hits can’t be affected by this feat.
Improved Sneak Attack

Add +1d6 to your sneak attack damage.

This feat may be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
Terrifying Rage

While you are raging, any enemy that views you must make a Will save opposed by your Intimidate check or become panicked (if its character level less than yours) or shaken (if its character level equal to or up to twice your character level) for 4d6 rounds.

An enemy with character level greater than twice your character level is not affected by this feat.
New rules for extra feats after epic level:

Fighter: Gains an extra feat at 1st level and every 2 levels thereafter (1, 2, 4...). Similar after 20th level (22, 24...).
Cleric: Gains an extra feat at 1st level and every 3 levels thereafter (1, 3, 6...). Similar after 20th level (23, 26...).
Wizard: Gains an extra feat at 1st level and every 5 levels thereafter (1, 5, 10...). Every 3 levels after 20th level (23, 26...).
Rogue: At 10th level and every 3 levels thereafter (10, 13, 16...), gains a special ability or a general feat. Every 4 levels after 20th level (24, 28...).
Barbarian: Gains an extra feat every 4 levels after 20th level (24, 28...).

New rules for extra feats after epic level:

Deflect Arrows
Snatch Arrows
Stunning Fist
Improved Stunning Fist

Deflect Arrows

Once per round when you would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, you may deflect it so that you take no damage from it.

You must have at least one hand free (holding nothing) to use this feat. You must be aware of the attack and not flatfooted.
Snatch Arrows

When using the Deflect Arrows feat you may catch the weapon instead of just deflecting it.

Thrown weapons can immediately be thrown back at the original attacker without Attacks of Opportunity or kept for later use. You can turn this option on/off in combat.
Stunning Fist

Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier vs. foe's Fortitude), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round.

You can turn this feat on/off in combat.

Uses per day: Character level/4.

Can be used no more than once per round. A failed attack roll ruins the attempt, too.
Improved Stunning Fist

Add +2 bonus to the Fortitude saving throw of your stunning attack.

This feat may be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
Added "Uses per day" rule to following abilities:

Rage
Turn
Sweeping Strikes
Whirlwind Attack
Vital Strike
Devastating Strike
Rapid Shot
Manyshot
Rain of Arrows
Turn, Devastating Strike: Removed limitation of once per encounter
Extra Turning modified to: +4 uses per day of Turn. May be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
Adventure: Camping can restore daily uses of abilities
Arena: Added the Rest feature

Other improvements and fixes:

Now extra feats of Wizard can be chosen freely
Modified Weapon Specialization to Fighter class feat
Modified level in prerequisites of feat/spell to character level or class level
Level of summoned creature is based on summoner's class level now
New conditions: Shaken, Frightened, Panicked, Stunned
Added Available Actions and Options button in battle UI
Select last class by default when level up
Optimized character panel
Optimized some text
In-game help: added Multiclass Characters section
In-game help: complete feat list
Fixed: All abilities +2 per 10 levels caused by last patch
Fixed: Gain class feats mistakenly when multiclass characters level up
Fixed: Cleric/Wizard multiclass characters sometimes use wrong spellcasting ability
Fixed: Cleric/Wizard multiclass characters sometimes cast spells withou Arcane Spell Failure checks
Fixed: Swap Weapon menu item bugs

Note: When you encountered a bug, please zip and send your saves (the game foldersaves) to support@lowmagicage.com. It's extremely useful for debugging.
Post edited May 18, 2020 by Pajama
high rated
rjbuffchix: In other words it wasn't really that helpful to us non-Galaxy users and we ended up having to follow this thread religiously to know that when we download updates, they are actually updates and not just the same version we have.
It was actually very helpful, and I didn't need to follow this thread, I just quickly checked the file name to see if it was actually updated or not, which most of the time it was. It wasn't 100% ideal but it was far better than what we have now (which is to say, nothing).
high rated
drrhodes: [...] it's beginning to look like they will never fix the problem, but instead require the use of galaxy. [...]
This doesn't make sense, given that GOG Galaxy only flags updates for installed games. So, unless one has every single one of their library games installed, those using the client and those not using it are in the same boat when it comes to updates of non-installed games.

If I put on my conspiracy hat on, I'd say that the update flags were dropped, and maybe not coming back, so that those not using the client are no longer able to use the above argument against GOG and their client.
But I'm not putting it on yet; when GOG changed the nav-bar (to better suit the client, of course), we (all not using the client) were left without update flags (along with forum and chat notifications) for months (more than 4 months to be precise), and back then there wasn't even a pandemic and every GOG staffer was working normally from the offices.
From my experience, this issue is lingering due to a fix being of no priority to GOG (nothing not Galaxy related ever is), combined with the fact that web-coding has never been GOG's strong suit.

rjbuffchix: My experience with the "update" icon in our library here on the browser is that it signified that games were updated...on Galaxy but NOT necessarily updated yet on offline installers. [...]
Can't speak for anyone else, but in all the years after GOG Galaxy became a thing, I've never got an update flag when a game was updated on Galaxy, it always was (when I got one*) when the standalone installers were updated.

GOG Galaxy serves to update installed games, and hence it only gives notice for such updates (which may even be automated, in contrast to the site). The update flags on the site were always meant and connected to the standalone installers, and still are, afaik. And, afaik, updates on GOG Galaxy are handled by either the devs/pubs themselves or GOG staff, who, if I'm not mistaken, are different people from those handling the updates of standalone installers.

Given all that, plus that the update flag had, and still has, to be set manually, I don't quite see how the one (used to be JudasIscariot, don't know if it's still him) setting the flags would do it when a game gets updated on Galaxy instead of when the standalone installers do.

If your experience is different, it might be some glitch or bug with your account or something.

* It's a fact that we don't always get an update flag. Most common cases being:
1. it's an unbundled game that got updated;
2. one owns a backer/pre-order version (different game ID).
Post edited May 17, 2020 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
Little Big Workshop
v 1.0.12544 (8 May 2020)

Tweaks
- Updated the game engine - this should increase the stability and average FPS of the game in general.

Fixes
- Fixed an issue causing the truck to get stuck in loading bay
- Fixed an issue causing workers to get stuck inside the truck
- Fixed an issue causing trucks to both import and export items during the same stop
- Fixed an issue causing workers to space out if the path to their destination was blocked
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused workers to remain employed, even though they got fired
- Fixed an issue causing workers to pick up and drop objects continuously when unable to reach a shelf
- Fixed multiple issues causing workers to sometimes get stuck on a workstation

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Hotfix v 1.0.12573 (14 May 2020)

- Fixed an issue causing shelves not to be used properly
Standalone installers updated 15 May 2020:
- Windows: 1.0.11906 ⇒ 1.0.11982 ⇒ 1.0.12573;
- Mac: 1.0.11906 ⇒ 1.0.11982.

Standalone installers updated 15-16 May 2020 with no changelog:
- Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond: 1.0.12a ⇒ 1.0.14.
- The Flower Collectors: 1.0.4.1 ⇒ 1.0.4.3.
- SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising, and its DLC: 30 ⇒ 31.
- Tonight We Riot:
--> Windows: Release.A ⇒ PCRelease.B;
--> Linux: LinuxRelease.A ⇒ LinuxRelease.B;
--> Mac: MacRelease.A ⇒ MacRelease.B.
- VirtuaVerse:
--> Windows: v. 1.01a ⇒ v. 1.02 ⇒ v. 1.04;
--> Linux: v. 1.01a ⇒ v. 1.02 ⇒ v. 1.03a;
--> Mac: v. 1.01a ⇒ v. 1.03a.

Also, from updates/changelogs posted earlier:
- Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark: 1.1.2 ⇒ 1.2.2.
- Parkitect, and its DLC - Linux & Mac: 1.5g ⇒ 1.5h; Windows not updated yet.
- Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion Ultimate Edition, and its DLC: 1.94 Hotfix 2 ⇒ 1.95.
- Tacoma: 09022019 ⇒ 2019-12-20 (update seems to always come with a more than 6 months delay).
- Terraria: 1.3.5.3 ⇒ Journeys End update.

Lastly, Ether One Redux standalone installer not updated yet.
drrhodes: [...] it's beginning to look like they will never fix the problem, but instead require the use of galaxy. [...]
HypersomniacLive: This doesn't make sense, given that GOG Galaxy only flags updates for installed games. So, unless one has every single one of their library games installed, those using the client and those not using it are in the same boat when it comes to updates of non-installed games.

If I put on my conspiracy hat on, I'd say that the update flags were dropped, and maybe not coming back, so that those not using the client are no longer able to use the above argument against GOG and their client.
But I'm not putting it on yet; when GOG changed the nav-bar (to better suit the client, of course), we (all not using the client) were left without update flags (along with forum and chat notifications) for months (more than 4 months to be precise), and back then there wasn't even a pandemic and every GOG staffer was working normally from the offices.
From my experience, this issue is lingering due to a fix being of no priority to GOG (nothing not Galaxy related ever is), combined with the fact that web-coding has never been GOG's strong suit.
I don't quite understand what you are saying in your first paragraph of your reply to me. In my case I was referring to games I've bought, installed or not, as seen in gog.com/account under the games tab. I keep all game install files on a couple of NAS drives, just in case a wizardry 8 type of problem occurs.

I don't know how galaxy does things, but I suspect a new install uses a different, non-separated single file and afterwards updates via patches. Off-line users get a game file separated into 4GB or less segments with an initial loader at about 1MB. Updates are either a new set of files and sometimes a concurring patch. I also suspect that off-line updates have been MANUALLY setup with the new files, patches and the update flag.

You say we, the off-line users, have been without an update flag for more than 4 months? I know I had been keeping my account relatively clean of updates for a while but would see some coming in while we were in March. There might have been some at the start of April, but I can't remember that detail.

But anyway, I will continue my one person boycott (which will make no difference to gog, they already have my money from over 1400 games).
high rated
HypersomniacLive: This doesn't make sense, given that GOG Galaxy only flags updates for installed games. So, unless one has every single one of their library games installed, those using the client and those not using it are in the same boat when it comes to updates of non-installed games.
I'll have to disagree. People who use galaxy exclusively (and there are lots of them) don't need update flags. For games installed, galaxy is responsible for keeping the games up to date (just like the steam client they may well be used to). For games not installed, these will be updated as soon as they are installed. And if they are never installed, who needs them to be up to date?

Only people installing games from backup offline installers (like me and a fairly negligible minority of others) actually need to keep their backup offline installers up to date. And those people anyhow must follow this thread (or a similar alternative --- like MaGog, gogdb, or gogrepo), because GOG's flags have never been 100% dependable (as indefatigably shown by kbnrylaec) as a result of GOG's congenital inability to associate library IDs and store IDs.

I think that at some point something broke within GOG's update flag system, and then it finally dawned upon them than there is really no reason for them to duplicate the work of the people posting in this thread. This thread is a better "update flag" system than GOG's has ever been (or will ever be).

And thank you to all of you posting in this thread.
Post edited May 18, 2020 by mrkgnao
high rated
I used to look at the browser to see what non installed games had updates available. It was informative and useful to decide if I was interested in newer changes for eventually reinstallings. Believe me, I miss the feature a lot and I use Galaxy mainly.
mrkgnao: I'll have to disagree. People who use galaxy exclusively (and there are lots of them) don't need update flags. For games installed, galaxy is responsible for keeping the games up to date (just like the steam client they may well be used to). For games not installed, these will be updated as soon as they are installed. And if they are never installed, who needs them to be up to date?

Only people installing games from backup offline installers (like me and a fairly negligible minority of others) actually need to keep their backup offline installers up to date. And those people anyhow must follow this thread (or a similar alternative --- like MaGog, gogdb, or gogrepo), because GOG's flags have never been 100% dependable (as indefatigably shown by kbnrylaec) as a result of GOG's congenital inability to associate library IDs and store IDs.

I think that at some point something broke within GOG's update flag system, and then it finally dawned upon them than there is really no reason for them to duplicate the work of the people posting in this thread. This thread is a better "update flag" system than GOG's has ever been (or will ever be).

I don't want to extend this off topic stuff too long, but ...
As someone who has over 1400 games and a colander of a memory, I often don't know which games mentioned in this thread I own. If gog had any coding chops, they could pretty much automate the flagging system. Add files to a game, flag it. Not rocket science, although, my coding days are long over.

Thank you for being one of those who post a lot of updates in this thread. I'm curious where you folks get your information? Is it from gogdb.org? But where does it get its information, I believe it's also a third party?
mrkgnao: I'll have to disagree. People who use galaxy exclusively (and there are lots of them) don't need update flags. For games installed, galaxy is responsible for keeping the games up to date (just like the steam client they may well be used to). For games not installed, these will be updated as soon as they are installed. And if they are never installed, who needs them to be up to date?

drrhodes: I don't want to extend this off topic stuff too long, but ...
As someone who has over 1400 games and a colander of a memory, I often don't know which games mentioned in this thread I own. If gog had any coding chops, they could pretty much automate the flagging system. Add files to a game, flag it. Not rocket science, although, my coding days are long over.

Thank you for being one of those who post a lot of updates in this thread. I'm curious where you folks get your information? Is it from gogdb.org? But where does it get its information, I believe it's also a third party?
There's a problem with your theory of full automation. GOG employees have stated in the past that they don't want to flag absolutely every update. They occasionally make minor technical updates to installers (e.g. changing compression formats, or changing the ads displayed during installation) that have no effect on game contents, but do modify the installer, and they don't want to have this make unnecessary "noise". People (very understandably) complaining about the absence of update flags, might want to remember that when there are lots of updates (tens per day), we do see complaints about why there are so many and perhaps they could be toned down (especially if --- for example --- the updates concern Mac installers and the complainants use Windows). I have no doubt that GOG's update system could be much improved --- I have little doubt that this is not a priority for GOG. They (very understandably) invest where the money is --- automatic updates, achievements, multiplayer, cloud saving, overlay. The market for backup offline installers --- in my opinion --- is just too small.

As for my source --- it is MaGog. Most others, I expect, get their information from gogdb.
high rated
Terraria new Patch: v1.4.0.2_(38352) // now also avaiable for offline installer download, not "only" for Galaxy updater.

From the avaiable Gog Changelog:

Journey's End update (16 May 2020)
This update has been a labor of love, tirelessly worked on by our team over a good while, and we truly feel that it brings Terraria to the next level, to a place where the core game can finally be called "complete". From new ways to play the game to over 1000 new items to find and craft to new bosses to challenge and even a full-pass review of all content of the game for balance, graphic quality, and mechanics - truly, Journey's End has something for everyone. We cannot wait to see your reactions as you dive in to all that this update has to offer, and we hope that you thoroughly enjoy our gift to you. It has been an amazing journey indeed... but we truly feel that this end is really just a new beginning for the amazing world of Terraria.

So, what awaits you in Journey's End? We have linked it below for your reading pleasure. Also located in today's post are where and how to report bugs as well as other important information that you may find interesting.

THERE & BACK AGAIN: A SUMMARY OF TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END (OFFICIAL CHANGELOG)
The Journey's End changelog is simply too massive to post here (seriously, just the text alone is over 45 pages long!), so we have created an organized and easily-navigated version over on our Forums. Click the link below to head there and check it out!

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/there-back-again-a-summary-of-journeys-end.87997/

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END FAQ/GUIDE CENTRAL
We have also put together an ever-evolving FAQ/Guide that should cover many of your burning questions. Again, click the link below to check it out!

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pc-1-4-journeys-end-release-faq-central.88563/

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END BUG/ISSUE REPORTING
Having an issue? Found a nasty bug that you want us to squash? We are here for you!

While the team will be searching far and wide all over the Community, the best place to report bugs is over on TCF!

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/journeys-end-bug-reports.219/

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END COVER ART WALLPAPERS - A SPECIAL GIFT FROM RE-LOGIC TO YOU!
The Re-Logic Team is thrilled to be able to share our amazing Journey's End cover art - courtesy of our very own Jimmarn! Our team feels like this epic panorama really captures how we - and you, our community - feel with this release finally being out in the wild. A time to reflect on all that has been accomplished as much as a time to prepare for what is next!

Jim has created three versions of this art for everyone to enjoy (Day - Night - Sunset). Each of these are now available for download on the Media page of Terraria.org, via the link below. Alternatively, you can click the cover art below to be whisked away to the download page so that you can grab the wallpaper(s) that you want and then proudly display Journey's End on your PC or Mobile Device!

https://terraria.org/media
Post edited May 18, 2020 by Paraharaha
high rated
Order of Battle: World War II

Update v8.4.4 (15 May 2020)

Four scenarios were added, three singleplayer and one for multiplayer.

Castle Itter - 1945 Author: Bru German renegades, Austrian resistance fighters, and French prisoners unite in battle to turn back a Waffen SS assault on a stronghold in Tyrol, Austria.

Operation Dragoon Author: Conboy The invasion of Southern France by VI Corps and the First French Army.

Battle of Midway Author: Duplex The Russians and Germans duke it out over a river. Norway claims neutrality. An irreverant experiment!

2vAI Market Garden Author: Erik Nygaard Cooperative Scenario in command of the Allied forces as they attempt to take A Bridge Too Far.

BUG FIXES

Objective counters leaking onto multiple lines
Disband unit button missing
KV1 m1940 tank, shadowing issue
Some non-English characters not showing correctly
Added support for Traditional and Simplified Chinese to fonts
Added "No traits" message on Units with no Traits
TAC class - switch Bombs/Torpedo loadout issue
The hotkey for Air/Ground focus wasn't working properly
Can't access bottom hexes on map due to UI
Partial fix for text display on low resolutions
Communications Error on Main Menu. Added timeout.
Tooltips on Unit Traits
Unit Upgrades, current unit wasn't pre-selected for comparison
No Experience info tooltip on units with 0 stars
Add option to "unscale" UI -> HD UI option in Options - Audio/Video
Commander info missing from Unit details
Password box is hard to see

COMMANDERS

added stats for Jpn #44

MP

scn Double Dragion, Fra text changed to 2 IA
added several Spa text files

UNITS

adjusted few unit stats
(Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai, Type 4 Chi-To, B-26 line)
BT-7A corrected direct fire anim
Ger captured Sherman, removed field armor switch
Ar 234 removed def anim, no defensive weapons
fixed DUKW display names
Fin 15cm artillery damage texture fixed

BLITZKRIEG

fixed Dunkirk event label (Ger language only)

RED STAR

scn Summa 40, edited aux TP
scn Smolensk, changed flag
scn Moscow, added missing pic

RED STEEL

scn Kerch, changed secondary objective trigger
scn Winterstorm, included StuG F to count for objective

PACIFIC (Bootcamp, US, Jpn cams)

added markers for various primary objectives
scn Java, slightly changed "30 turns" objective

TUTORIAL CAMPAIGN

scn dates (cam file) edited for tank spec to work

Changed Default Zoom Levels
mrkgnao: .
When it worked it was good that I would re-scan the entire library maybe once every two months. Now I have to do it on a weekly basis.
mrkgnao: .
blotunga: When it worked it was good that I would re-scan the entire library maybe once every two months. Now I have to do it on a weekly basis.
There's no doubt that the update flag was helpful to all of us in this thread and to others. That's why we're in this thread --- because we care about offline installers. It is a great pity it's gone for now.

P.S. You scan your entire library every week. I --- through MaGog --- scan all the games on GOG every six hours. We all find ways around GOG's relative incompetence.