It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just noticed that the change from all caps to variable case doesn't just apply to the front page [EDIT: and store pages], but also to account features like library, friend list and Chat! This is actually a nice change. :)
Post edited March 29, 2017 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: If you mean the one I'm thinking of, the regulars got sick of the downrepping and the kleetus-trolling, so they decided to have Judas close the thread (this was several months ago). I think they found somewhere else to hang out together online.
Oh! Thank you for letting me know! I do appreciate it. :)

HunchBluntley: Now that there are enforced forum rules, though, you could always try making a new "off-topic convo" thread. :)
Heh. I'm a bit too shy for that, as I don't think I really have anything particularly witty to kickstart a whole thread. I was simply hoping to blend in. I shall post happy things in future then, or phrase them happily in my mind before jotting them down on paper. :D
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Nicole28
HunchBluntley: If you mean the one I'm thinking of, the regulars got sick of the downrepping and the kleetus-trolling
If you mean the "Conversational Free For All", that didn't need my help to be closed, what a pathetic thread.

Here's how it went:

Member 1: I've just emptied my trash, it was so full.

Member 2: Oh wow, *hugs*.

Member 3: Good night everyone, *love and hugs to you all*.

Member 4: *hugs right back at you*.

Continue this mindless drivel until you physically puke, then repeat ad-nauseum.
Nicole28: .
Hi Nicole.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by Kleetus
HunchBluntley: If you mean the one I'm thinking of, the regulars got sick of the downrepping and the kleetus-trolling
Kleetus: If you mean the "Conversational Free For All", that didn't need my help to be closed, what a pathetic thread.

Here's how it went:

Member 1: I've just emptied my trash, it was so full.

Member 2: Oh wow, *hugs*.

Member 3: Good night everyone, *love and hugs to you all*.

Member 4: *hugs right back at you*.

Continue this mindless drivel until you physically puke, then repeat ad-nauseum.
Nicole28: .
Kleetus: Hi Nicole.
This.
My son said his second word "Daddy". This was one of the happiest moment in my life.
Mathew444: My son said his second word "Daddy".
What was his first word?
Mathew444: My son said his second word "Daddy".
Kleetus: What was his first word?
"Mom")))
Kleetus: What was his first word?
Mathew444: "Mom")))
The first word I ever said was "boobie".
)))What did it mean, I wonder?
JMich: Got my Tides of Numenera box in the mail. God, that's a big one (insert "that's what she said" joke here).
Now to ponder whether to actually open it or not.
I got mine today, but only because I couldn't get hold of the neighbour that UPS left it with yesterday (again with these "we can't get into our heads that people are usually at work during work hours" mindset that foreign delivery companies have).

You weren't home (no shit, Sherlock, perhaps I have a job) so we left it at one of your neighbours rather than at a delivery point. We also just wrote their family name on this here note, rather than the full name, when several neighbours have the same family name and the full name is at each door, so you have to go around to each one asking if they have your package and hope they haven't sold it for a quick buck.

At least DHL sends a message (sometimes after failing to deliver because I wasn't home) and gives me the option of telling them to leave it at a delivery point. UPS, not so much.

Oh well, at least I got the box, so that's cool. Of course I'm already well under way with playing the game, but the box is cool either way.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by Maighstir
Kleetus: If you mean the "Conversational Free For All"[...]
[misanthropy]
[...] until you physically puke, then repeat ad-nauseum.
Yes, I know. I felt so powerless, being made to go into that thread all the time, having to witness people being forced to be [shudder] friendly to each other. What were they thinking, making visiting it compulsory?

BTW, is there actually a way to non-physically puke? 'Cause I think I might wanna try that way...
HunchBluntley: BTW, is there actually a way to non-physically puke?
I think so, I digitally puked once.
I predicted previously that the next few weeks would be as sucktastic as the two prior weeks, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought. Still some bad shit. Or irritating shit, anyway.

Tuesday flight to Philly. We get fogged in, can't leave the local airport. This eventually turns an 8-hour trip into 19 hours, because the delay put the flight crew into a mandatory rest period so there was no one to fly the plane. Okay, A), they were just sitting there on the runway for almost two hours, so I don't know why you need to rest from that, B) those things are 99.6% autopilot, and C) I've flown enough combat missions in various sims that I could probably crash land relatively close to the airport.

Get to the hotel at 1:30am. Grab 5 hours sleep and head down for breakfast. Bunch of really old folks, wheelchairs, walkers, etc. No problem. Then we see the staff lady pushing a cart. Oh, housekeeping is here a bit early. Er, no. Noticed that she's wearing nurse garb, and that cart is for medication and other nurse-ly stuff. Uhhh, what? Apparently this is a hotel / nursing home. I guess? It's a national chain but this local franchise is renting rooms to, I don't know, a local nursing outfit. One of the strangest things I've encountered in a hotel, and I've been doing this crap for 22 years.

But we got to the customer to take down an old machine and build a new one, and they have been great. And the OEM tech I'm working with is also top-notch. Really green, but super-eager to learn and digs right in to the work. Fantastic start. One-of-a-kind machine, an updated version of the one I installed around 1999. Really hoping this goes well, but you never know with custom equipment.

And then we poke around outside the place and see that they have three really large fields of solar panels on the property. Gotta be at least 250kW of panels, possibly much more than that. And they told me they also put in a crap-load of geothermal. Kind of a wet dream of mine, getting that sort of energy self-sufficiency at our place. I need to talk to these guys once we get the machine up and running, see what their experience has been like.
Kleetus: If you mean the "Conversational Free For All"[...]
[misanthropy]
[...] until you physically puke, then repeat ad-nauseum.
HunchBluntley: Yes, I know. I felt so powerless, being made to go into that thread all the time, having to witness people being forced to be [shudder] friendly to each other. What were they thinking, making visiting it compulsory?

BTW, is there actually a way to non-physically puke? 'Cause I think I might wanna try that way...
Of course there is,it's called mentally puking.
Tonight I'm having buffalo chicken wings with jasmine rice.

It's almost ready now, I can smell the buffalo.