It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Chasmancer: I took the shot, but I ran out of fucks to give about all that a long time ago.
Tbh I don't mind people getting the vacc. to be healthy/feel safe and/or it being offered for people to willingly take of their own free will.....it's FORCING it* upon people in such ways that I have qualms with.
(* i.e. take it or no job/food/shopping/etc)

But anyways, this is the HAPPY thread, so: with the masks being a thing again(even with 80% of NY state vaccinated & boosters available), I guess it'll maybe make some feel a bit more safe
Post edited November 23, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
GamezRanker: But anyways, this is the HAPPY thread, so: with the masks again, I guess even with 80% of NY state vaccinated & boosters available, everyone will be even more super safe ;D
(again, the above is not being said with any bit or hint of sarcasm)
Well, good for you - without sarcasm. With slight sarcasm, I'm happy to wear a mask, for the time being. I'd even miss it, perhaps.
low rated
Chasmancer: Well, good for you - without sarcasm. With slight sarcasm, I'm happy to wear a mask, for the time being. I'd even miss it, perhaps.
On a sorta similar note: I actually LIKE wearing the masks for certain tasks(due to my various mental issues/phobias), as they make me feel better while doing such things.....so I might still wear them occasionally(of my own choosing, I mean).
low rated
GamezRanker: On a sorta similar note: I actually LIKE wearing the masks for certain tasks(due to my various mental issues/phobias), as they make me feel better while doing such things.....so I might still wear them occasionally(Of my own free will, of course).
That's the spirit!
low rated
My cat's diabetes is in semi-remission. It's slightly above normal but not high enough for him to get an insulin shot. The last time he got one was on November 9th.

Also since it looks like we debating masks and vaccines, thank you very much to people who are choosing to participate in both. I'm on the high risk list for hospitalization and death so barely leave the house as it is even after getting the booster shot. The people doing things that helps lower their odds of giving it to me has made things like the grocery store less terrifying.

I'm not interested in participating in any debate - just want to let people know that helping keep us high risk people safe is very much appreciated.
low rated
Speaking of vaccines, it seems like the definition of *safe* has changed from 2 to 3 shots.

Anyone got the third shot and any side effects compared to the second? I remember feeling a decent fever after the second.
low rated
LordCephy: I'm on the high risk list for hospitalization and death so barely leave the house as it is even after getting the booster shot.
Just wanted to say two things: Firstly, I hope you are able to live as good a life as possible(given your circumstances).
Second, try not to let fear/etc control you and enjoy life....sure there are some bad things in the world, but don't let that stop you from living life and experiencing all the good there is in the world.
(I am all too aware of fear/anxiety/stress/etc....my own mental issues kept me in my home a good deal of the time for a long time until I learned to slowly enjoy my own life and the world around me)

LordCephy: My cat's diabetes is in semi-remission. It's slightly above normal but not high enough for him to get an insulin shot. The last time he got one was on November 9th.
This is good to hear....I also hope your feline friend has as purr-fect a life as they can with you and yours. :)

=-=-=-=-=

Tokyo_Bunny_8990: Speaking of vaccines, it seems like the definition of *safe* has changed from 2 to 3 shots.
Or from 1 to 2 if one got a single dose vacc. originally......also watch them(msm/pharma/etc) push that to 4-5-6-etc over time.

But anyhoo, that's okay if people want to take even 100 vacc. over their lifetimes. If it makes people feel safe and they are aware of the benefits/risks I say go for it.....I don't care if others choose to take advantage of such things(as long as it isn't forced on anyone).
low rated
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: Anyone got the third shot and any side effects compared to the second? I remember feeling a decent fever after the second.
I had very little in side effects from the third shot, even though I had some significant arm sorness from the first 2. (If I moved my arm up, I would feel the soreness from the third shot, but not when at rest.)

The flu shot I got just one week prior seemed to have no side effects at all. (It was my first one ever.)

(It's been observed that a longer gap between the first two shots provides more protection than the 3-4 week gap that had been approved (because we needed *something* at that point), and many think the J&J shot shouldn't have been a single dose. Hence, the boosters, 6 months after the original shot (or 2 in the J&J case) should help here.)
low rated
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: Anyone got the third shot and any side effects compared to the second? I remember feeling a decent fever after the second.
dtgreene: I had very little in side effects from the third shot, even though I had some significant arm sorness from the first 2. (If I moved my arm up, I would feel the soreness from the third shot, but not when at rest.)

The flu shot I got just one week prior seemed to have no side effects at all. (It was my first one ever.)

(It's been observed that a longer gap between the first two shots provides more protection than the 3-4 week gap that had been approved (because we needed *something* at that point), and many think the J&J shot shouldn't have been a single dose. Hence, the boosters, 6 months after the original shot (or 2 in the J&J case) should help here.)
Cool. No mandates here about a third shot yet but rumors. Yeah the flu shot has no side effects iirc. And yes, you are right in that the vaccine was more effective when the shots were spaced out further. The issue was likely countries just wanted to get everyone vaccinated ASAP and two shots were needed.
Well, it's cold here in the Eastern U.S. I stayed in bed most of the day and kept warm. I was really grateful for that heat, man. I hate the cold weather.
low rated
dtgreene: The flu shot I got just one week prior seemed to have no side effects at all. (It was my first one ever.)
Yeah, the flu vacc. are generally very safe and effective as they've been tested and refined for years/decades. Also glad to hear you didn't experience any side effects from it.
(As for me, i've thankfully almost never received side effects from vacc. i've taken over my lifetime)
JoaoPauloZA: Well, it's cold here in the Eastern U.S. I stayed in bed most of the day and kept warm. I was really grateful for that heat, man. I hate the cold weather.
Time for you to get some fleece leggings, perhaps?
low rated
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: Cool. No mandates here about a third shot yet but rumors.
No mandates here either(vac. or boosters), but there are rumors flying around as well in some areas for certain things(bars/restaurants/sports/etc). Sounds a bit like over worrying*, and also segregation/making people social outcasts unless they do as they're told, but I guess if they say people need it than it's for the best? ;D

(*most current remaining cases in my state are in nursing homes, where everyone is vaccinated and often masked)

=-=-=-=

JoaoPauloZA: Well, it's cold here in the Eastern U.S. I stayed in bed most of the day and kept warm. I was really grateful for that heat, man. I hate the cold weather.
I hear ya....I turned the heat up and snuggled under a blanket at times, or made a cup of cocoa to warm my (slowly aging) bones.
Post edited November 24, 2021 by GamezRanker
dtgreene: Time for you to get some fleece leggings, perhaps?
Indeed! lol. I'm getting too old for cold climates!
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: Cool. No mandates here about a third shot yet but rumors.
GamezRanker: No mandates here either(vac. or boosters), but there are rumors flying around as well in some areas for certain things(bars/restaurants/sports/etc). Sounds a bit like over worrying*, and also segregation/making people social outcasts unless they do as they're told, but I guess if they say people need it than it's for the best? ;D

(*most current remaining cases in my state are in nursing homes, where everyone is vaccinated and often masked)

=-=-=-=

GamezRanker: I hear ya....I turned the heat up and snuggled under a blanket at times, or made a cup of cocoa to warm my (slowly aging) bones.
Glad I'm not alone! Guess none of us is getting any younger. That cocoa sounds awesome btw!
Post edited November 24, 2021 by JoaoPauloZA
low rated
JoaoPauloZA: Glad I'm not alone! Guess none of us is getting any younger. That cocoa sounds awesome btw!
I'm in my 30s, but even I have started feeling the pangs of age.....joint/muscle aches, not as much energy as when I was younger, etc. Oh well, at least I am in mostly good health and have my family(IRL, and my "gog family" as well) to hand out with.

As for the cocoa.....I usually buy store brand packets, but I mix in things along with it/water in a pot, like: vanilla extract(natural, though artificial might work), cinnamon, sugar, milk, etc. Then I add some marshmallows perhaps, and sit back with a good book/film/net video. :)
Post edited November 24, 2021 by GamezRanker