It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: Enjoy. It's one of my favorite games in the series, and the SFC version is actually better balanced than the remake. (Well, assuming you don't recruit a High djinks (Lamp Demon), but that's *very* unlikely to happen by accident, and can't happen until post- game.)

(Also, note that the game is in Japanese; if your cartridge is in some other language, it's a bootleg.)

(This reminds me: I still need to attempt Romaning SaGa 2 SFC in Japanese.)
It is indeed in Japanese. I refer to all versions of the console as SNES "<.<

Also, I don't know much of Japanese, but the dialogues in the game seem fairly simple, even for me. They even avoid using kanji in some parts of the game, probably where players would spend the most time in (e.g. the menu you open with the A button).

And I'm trying to avoid walkthroughs for the games I'm playing, at least in the first time around, so yeah, I'll most likely not find that character you're talking about.
dtgreene: Enjoy. It's one of my favorite games in the series, and the SFC version is actually better balanced than the remake. (Well, assuming you don't recruit a High djinks (Lamp Demon), but that's *very* unlikely to happen by accident, and can't happen until post- game.)

(Also, note that the game is in Japanese; if your cartridge is in some other language, it's a bootleg.)

(This reminds me: I still need to attempt Romaning SaGa 2 SFC in Japanese.)
_Auster_: It is indeed in Japanese. I refer to all versions of the console as SNES "<.<

Also, I don't know much of Japanese, but the dialogues in the game seem fairly simple, even for me. They even avoid using kanji in some parts of the game, probably where players would spend the most time in (e.g. the menu you open with the A button).

And I'm trying to avoid walkthroughs for the games I'm playing, at least in the first time around, so yeah, I'll most likely not find that character you're talking about.
The character I mention is a recruitable monster. Thing is, in DQ6 SFC, you can recruit monsters similar to the way you can recruit them in DQ5. (For whatever reason, they took this out of the remake.) This particular monster is one that you're probably not going to recruit by accident, and you can't get it until post-game, but it's strong enough to break the game if you do get it. (Even if you meet the criteria to recruit one, the chance is only 1/256 for this first one, and 0 for the second and third. Also, I note that the criteria requires using a certain weaker class after you've mastered it, and most players will want to start leveling up a different class with that character instead.)

Edit: To put it another way, if you play the postgame dungeon, you're going to see that character as a normal enemy, but you're probably not going to recruit one.
Post edited December 06, 2021 by dtgreene
Was feeling particularly discouraged today. Almost to the point of anger and tears. Unhappy at work and unhappy at home (noisy neighbours).

In an effort to lift my spirits, my best friend texted me: "Change of topic, if that's okay with you? I need your opinion on a set of eye glasses I ordered online recently. They just arrived in the mail today and I'd like to know what you think."

I say 'sure'.

He texted me photos of his face with digitally super-imposed over-the-top glasses, similar to what Elton John or Dame Edna would wear. It caught me off guard and I burst out laughing! xD Just like that, he made me happy. Even now, I'm still buzzing from his little prank. :) Sometimes all it takes is a small gesture.
Post edited December 08, 2021 by matterbandit
matterbandit: Sometimes all it takes is a small gesture.
Sometimes its not a prank or a filter but a genuine purchase too! ;)
Music and dancing. It's good to unwind.
matterbandit: Sometimes all it takes is a small gesture.
I know what you're saying. Wish you the best :)
Post edited December 08, 2021 by patrikc
Got Dungeon Hack running on my Raspberry Pi.

(Simply running the Linux installer doesn't work because it tries to run an x86 executable, so I just installed on another computer and copied the files over. The intro cutscene doesn't run smoothly, but the game itself seems to run fine.
It snowed today in our city. This made me happy.
Day off work. :) That alone makes me happy! Managed to find a couple of unique Xmas cards for my faraway friends. Made me more happy! This might just be the first year my Xmas cards actually arrive on time! :P

patrikc: (I had to edit part of my message in order to avoid spoilers for those who haven't played yet. I wish GOG would implement spoiler tags.)
I'm glad I did not see your spoiler! LOL! Have yet to play Blood & Wine! ;)

Sachys: Sometimes its not a prank or a filter but a genuine purchase too! ;)
Ha! So true! xD
Post edited December 09, 2021 by matterbandit
low rated
matterbandit: I pinned a polite but firm note on my troublesome neighbour's door. We share a balcony at the rear of our apartment complex and she is quite the messy tenant, often infringing on my portion of said balcony. Also, she's quite the rough-around-the-edges construction worker. I was fearing the worst, almost regretting my note.

Tonight she knocked on my door and apologized and promised to clear up the pile of junk on the balcony. Her approach was courteous and friendly. Phew! What a relief! Happy it did not turn into an angry battle! :D
Yeah, some problems seem much bigger and unsurmountable in one's mind, but then turn out to be easily/nicely resolved in the end. Good to hear ya got it sorted out :)

matterbandit: He texted me photos of his face with digitally super-imposed over-the-top glasses, similar to what Elton John or Dame Edna would wear. It caught me off guard and I burst out laughing! xD Just like that, he made me happy. Even now, I'm still buzzing from his little prank. :) Sometimes all it takes is a small gesture.
I hear ya on that :)

=-=-=-=-=

Random_Coffee: Driving my Forester S-Turbo in snowy weather.
Is it as fun as this here vehicle, by any chance?

=-=-=-=-=

Thread Contribution

The attached pic made me chuckle quite a bit today
Attachments:
gdchklez.jpg (361 Kb)
Post edited December 09, 2021 by GamezRanker
Today I was made happy by a friendly salesperson in the store.
Electricity was restored earlier the morning, after a 72 hour outage following a scary thunderstorm
Matewis: Electricity was restored earlier the morning, after a 72 hour outage following a scary thunderstorm
At least (I assume) you didn't have to deal with frigid weather at the same time. (Earlier this year, I think Texas had that happen; cold weather, snow (in a place that isn't equipped to deal with it), and a power outage.)
dtgreene: At least (I assume) you didn't have to deal with frigid weather at the same time. (Earlier this year, I think Texas had that happen; cold weather, snow (in a place that isn't equipped to deal with it), and a power outage.)
No fortunately not (southern hemisphere and all). In fact it was quite toasty close to the two substations in the area when they burned down ;)
low rated
5 counts of Guilty verdict
Random_Coffee: Driving my Forester S-Turbo in snowy weather.
GamezRanker: Is it as fun as this here vehicle, by any chance?

=-=-=-=-=

Thread Contribution

The attached pic made me chuckle quite a bit today
Hah yeah, I definitely get those vibes from it. I do often ironically refer to it as "my vintage American". Looking at the fuel gauge will cause instant depression, but everything else will make you very happy. I sincerely think I'll never own a vehicle as good as this one again.