It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I bought Dexter Seasons 3,4, and 5 from a pawn shop and took a business card from a yard sale to maybe buy a Lego Store gift-card (allegedly holds $250) for $100. Is there a way I can confirm the legitimacy of the card before I buy it?
low rated
MichaelD.965: I bought Dexter Seasons 3,4, and 5 from a pawn shop and took a business card from a yard sale to maybe buy a Lego Store gift-card (allegedly holds $250) for $100. Is there a way I can confirm the legitimacy of the card before I buy it?
if you have to ask...
low rated
MichaelD.965: I bought Dexter Seasons 3,4, and 5 from a pawn shop
I thought the final season of that show enraged all the fans and made them hate it.
Besides, it's just a very morbid subject. I hope you won't try to imitate Dexter.
morolf: I thought the final season of that show enraged all the fans and made them hate it.
Besides, it's just a very morbid subject. I hope you won't try to imitate Dexter.
Yes, the final Season was 8, which I won't be touching with a 10-foot pole; my collection will end with Season 6.

And really, you chose THIS FORUM of all places to pull Jack Thompson shit? I also own all but the latest Hitman game, ooga booga.
MichaelD.965: And really, you chose THIS FORUM of all places to pull Jack Thompson shit? I also own all but the latest Hitman game, ooga booga.
Sorry, I probably should stop with my tasteless jokes :-)
I watched a bit of one of the early seasons of Dexter years ago, was somewhat interesting. But I don't know if they didn't make Dexter too sympathetic in some ways. It was pretty convenient when that cop who had uncovered him (Doakes?), was killed by some other psycho. If Dexter had done it, it would have been impossible to still root for him.
And the later seasons seemed to go badly off the rails from what I've read.
Post edited June 06, 2021 by morolf
Mom offered me a lush bunch of freshly-cut peonies from her garden and my bedroom smells so heavenly right now! :)
Got my relatively new (less than a year old) PC working again after a critical crash and BSOD after updating my Avast virus detection software of all things. It took a while to fix because the PC was just shutting down constantly but so far so good - and no more Avast on my PC (though to be fair it could also have been a Win 10 Driver Signature Enforcement issue).

But now I can go back to my playthrough of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and ancient Greece.
low rated
Arcadius-8606: BBQ day is here but due to weather storms we are just having a small BBQ in the front porch but we have LAN games going since 11 am today which is great. The house is already packed with the noise of 3 generations :) We are playing AssaultCube, UT99, Skullgirls and KOF 2002. I'm still cooking but got a break from one of my sons to check in with everyone and see to my accounts.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Dang, that sounds like fun.....gaming with friends/family like that. :)
(my closest family are either elderly semi-luddites or don't game much)

-

matterbandit: My procrastination has had quite the paralyzing grip on me this past month. :( Been late with setting up my bedroom balcony "garden" this year... But today I finally snapped out of it! Purchased a bag of soil and my first handful of herbs: lovage, garlic chives, bush basil and Mexican coriander. :)
Back when I didn't have nearly so many mental issues, I used to love to do such projects.

Btw: you forgot parsley :)

-

ciemnogrodzianin: And now looking at my kids playing a board game using totally changed rules. Sounds like an interesting game mode, quite far from the original one :D
-

MichaelD.965: I bought Dexter Seasons 3,4, and 5 from a pawn shop and took a business card from a yard sale to maybe buy a Lego Store gift-card (allegedly holds $250) for $100. Is there a way I can confirm the legitimacy of the card before I buy it?
Have the seller type the info on the card into that site(on their phone/etc) and then show you the balance(either in person or via edited[to remove their personal info, etc] screenshot) before you buy it.
Post edited June 06, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
jepsen1977: Got my relatively new (less than a year old) PC working again after a critical crash and BSOD after updating my Avast virus detection software of all things. It took a while to fix because the PC was just shutting down constantly but so far so good - and no more Avast on my PC (though to be fair it could also have been a Win 10 Driver Signature Enforcement issue).
Dunno if Avast caused it, but iirc avast and other AV have been becoming rather sh*te as of late.
(bloated with extra stuff, making them slower than older versions.....etc etc)

That's why I usually use my common sense and the default AV that comes with my OS for the most part.
(also malwarebytes as well...albeit sparingly)

jepsen1977: But now I can go back to my playthrough of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and ancient Greece.
nice :)
Post edited June 06, 2021 by GamezRanker
jepsen1977: Got my relatively new (less than a year old) PC working again after a critical crash and BSOD after updating my Avast virus detection software of all things. It took a while to fix because the PC was just shutting down constantly but so far so good - and no more Avast on my PC (though to be fair it could also have been a Win 10 Driver Signature Enforcement issue).

But now I can go back to my playthrough of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and ancient Greece.
A BSOD means one of three things:
* There's a hardware issue (for example, bad ram can cause a BSOD, as could an I/O error with the swap file, for example)
* There's a bug in the kernel or a device driver
* The BSOD was manually triggered

The first option is somewhat unlikely in your case, as it sounds like the BSOD has gone away without a hardware change.

The third option is unlikely, as you would know if you did that. (On Windows, this apparently requires a registry change and a key combination that's unlikely to come up in normal usage.)

The second option, therefore, is what I suspect. Anti-virus software has been known to hook into the OS kernel at a low level (something that actual malware also does, including some forms of DRM and anti-cheat software), so it could legitimately have been a bug in the anti-virus software.

(Note that this can happen on Linux and Mac OS, but it's called a kernel panic and does not involve an actual blue screen.)
A few of my kids are picking me and the wife up to head to a Quake III local that I did not know was happening. I just finished updating our laptops and having some late breakfast.

From the pics my eldest daughter sent me they have some sweet Quake III shirts so I hope by the time we get there they still have some for us.
My very first Twitch follower while playing Lord of the Rings Online.

... It's a start!
dtgreene: A BSOD means one of three things:
* There's a hardware issue (for example, bad ram can cause a BSOD, as could an I/O error with the swap file, for example)
* There's a bug in the kernel or a device driver
* The BSOD was manually triggered

The first option is somewhat unlikely in your case, as it sounds like the BSOD has gone away without a hardware change.

The third option is unlikely, as you would know if you did that. (On Windows, this apparently requires a registry change and a key combination that's unlikely to come up in normal usage.)

The second option, therefore, is what I suspect. Anti-virus software has been known to hook into the OS kernel at a low level (something that actual malware also does, including some forms of DRM and anti-cheat software), so it could legitimately have been a bug in the anti-virus software.

(Note that this can happen on Linux and Mac OS, but it's called a kernel panic and does not involve an actual blue screen.)
Yes and the problem was I was stuck in a loop where I was trying to uninstall Avast but it would crash on restart and so the uninstallation process could not be completed and therefore it would keep crashing. I tried Windows Restore Points and that didn't work and only after disabling driver signature enforcement in Windows could I uninstall Avast. But thankfully I haven't had a single problem since so that's good.

Happy gaming to you.
Got enough sleep last night. Does wonders for my wellbeing.
Summer Sale!