It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: To explain MIDI to an older person:

Compare it to a player piano.

(Also, got my Pi Zero W connected to the internet and as a USB serial gadget, no passwords required to log in.)
You do realize that this isn't the Non Sequitur thread, right? :-P
(PS: why not use a raspPI or orangePI rather than a usb powered laptop? That's infinitely more hacker-like and way more effecient. Thow in a cheap mini lcd from aliexpress.com and a portable powerbank, and your're on your way to "warwalking/wardriving" on those wi-fi pots. Drain them all!?! ;-) )

Anyway, after having 41 in fever we're glad that one of our cats made it through the night. With something for the fever and the infection (cillin something) she slowly recovered, thankfully.

The animal doctor was cool enough to let us in on the whole procedure, as she got doped down, got salt solution intravenously, and fed through a tube. In the military we got training to do that on ourself and on pigs. Ehem... not the tubing procedure thingy, of course XD

It was kinda heartbreaking to see her like that, but also somewhat cool as I've previously been a medic so the mammal body is actually quite fascinating... still, it's not the same when it's someone you really care about laying on the table like that.

So, little by little she came through, is now eating/drinking regularly and she's back to being the happy kitty she always is.
Post edited May 01, 2018 by sanscript
sanscript: (PS: why not use a raspPI or orangePI rather than a usb powered laptop? That's infinitely more hacker-like and way more effecient. Thow in a cheap mini lcd from aliexpress.com and a portable powerbank, and your're on your way to "warwalking/wardriving" on those wi-fi pots. Drain them all!?! ;-) )
Actually, I would like a device that I can use to browse the Internet and write simple computer programs while lying down.

Of course, the Raspberry Pi's are useful for playing around and hacking, but they can't replace a device with a built-in display and keyboard.
What made you happy today?
Reading on swing seat (:
deleted
Alaric.us: So the British customs confiscated and threw out my toothpaste. I immediately thought of a certain stereotype and burst out laughing.

In case anyone is wondering why they did, it's because their rules say I can't have a container larger than 100 ml., and I had a gigantic and highly explosive 113 ml. one. Remember, remember the first of May and the toothpaste plot.
Fairfox: you went/are in britain? wheeeen! uuh i mean i guess nao, but y'kno
are you in london? i went on london eye before but it was a gray day an' drizzle lee? so we saw verrr naaazin'. theres an aquarium nearby but i didnt feel it was as gud as ours. not bad tho
also! teh waxworks had an insane line so we didnt do it. failed to find zoo

gud stuffages: went harrods tho.
uuuh
an' other places. i forget :/. saw a musical! west-end?
...dont kno why i cant remembah moar :/

most lee went non-london tho 'coz friends dont live in teh city
dont fly no moar 'coz i dont liek teh aggressive nature, y'kno
It was just a connection, I'm in Rome now, doing as Romans do. I've spent a week in London several years ago, though. Britain is nice.

And now I'm off to sleep because I woke up 28 hours ago.
Just managed to boot Linux on my Raspberry Pi Zero *without* an SD card. In fact, while I had a monitor attached (no keyboard), I can boot and use the Linux system with nothing other than a USB cable (connected to another computer (a different Raspberry Pi should work here as well)) attached to the Pi.

Of course, I did have to keep the system minimal to save space; for example, I cut out the entire USB host subsystem from the kernel (the Pi Zero doesn't have enough ports to act as a host and a device at the same time, and I'm using it as a device).
My mech kicked a Jenner in the head today which was pretty funny
Bloodstained survey and option to select prequel for GOG! Don't forget to choose GOG, for Bloodstained and Prequel minigame!
Finally bought Star Wars : Battlefront 2, the 2005 one today. Can barely wait to try it!
First day in months that I've made huge progress on the game I'm making with my brother again. Gives me hope that I might actually live to see its release one day.
I'll be honest, I had not defecated for over 7 days, until about an hour ago. I was sat on the toilet refusing to leave for around 30 minutes, and then.. it happened. It was large, felt like I gave birth to something... I'm pretty sure my arse is now a few inches wider.

That made me happy.
Yuiiski: I'll be honest, I had not defecated for over 7 days, until about an hour ago. I was sat on the toilet refusing to leave for around 30 minutes, and then.. it happened. It was large, felt like I gave birth to something... I'm pretty sure my arse is now a few inches wider.

That made me happy.
Was it really necessary to make a post about this?
Yuiiski: I'll be honest, I had not defecated for over 7 days, until about an hour ago. I was sat on the toilet refusing to leave for around 30 minutes, and then.. it happened. It was large, felt like I gave birth to something... I'm pretty sure my arse is now a few inches wider.

That made me happy.
Tauto: Was it really necessary to make a post about this?
The question at hand was "What made you happy today?".

Seeing as constipation can be painful, I would say yes, it was necessary, it's made me happy that it is over.
Attachments:
tixu6ua.jpg (204 Kb)
low rated
Hasn't shit in seven days.
Tauto: Was it really necessary to make a post about this?
Yuiiski: The question at hand was "What made you happy today?".

Seeing as constipation can be painful, I would say yes, it was necessary, it's made me happy that it is over.
I hope the next one is worse because frankly you deserve it.