It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What made me happy today was coming in here to read all of the nice things that made other people happy tod.... er... um, ok it's all filled with off-topic misplaced hate and anger that should be relegated to private messages or behind a high-school after 3pm or similar. My bad, I must have joined the wrong thread.
Taking my JOY, of course :-)
Reinstalling Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and realizing just how damn good it is.
Seeing the awesome amount of money that was donated to Doctors without Borders during the Summer Games Dne Quick speedrun event.
Post edited July 10, 2016 by skimmie
skimmie: Seeing the awesome amount of money that was donated to Doctors without Borders during the Summer Games Dne Quick speedrun event.
Made me happy too! $1,298,239.44 for a great charity cause from a gathering of people playing games fast. Fantastic.
Post edited July 10, 2016 by chevkoch
Playing Cookie Clicker, and I got Eldeer!

Basically, this involves a few things:

During Christmas season (and there's a Heavenly Upgrade that lets you trigger it), reindeer will run across the screen. If you click one, you get 1 minute (or 2 with a certain upgrade that's easy to get) worth of cookie production.

After a certain event, sometimes wrath cookies appear instead of golden cookies. If you click on one, you are more likely than not to get a negative (but not horrible) result, but rarely, you get an Elder Frenzy, which boosts your cookie production by 666 times for 6 (or, with a certain upgrade, 12) times.

Well, I managed to click a reindeer during the Elder Frenzy, so I got 666 * 2 minutes, or 22.2 *hours*, of cookie production in a single click! (That was something like 972 quintillion or so cookies, enough for me to buy a major upgrade that more than doubled cookie production.)

Edit: 7 hours after this post, and I got another Eldeer, this time giving me a few sextillion cookies (yes, the numbers go really high in this game).
Post edited July 11, 2016 by dtgreene
Discovering how cool <span class="bold"><i>Magrunner: Dark Pulse</i></span> is while beta testing.

I have to admit, when the game first came to GOG I took a look at it and nothing about it appealed to me on first impressions. I looked at the visuals and a few other things and made a rather incorrect assumption about the game in retrospect. I'm generally not fond of the puzzle game genre and unless something jumps out at me right away to tell me to take a closer look at a game then I may pass judgment and move on, possibly missing a gem.

I'm a huge fan of Portal and Portal 2 by Valve, and got hopelessly addicted to them both when I played them. I solved the single player on both, and the entire multiplayer of Portal 2 as well with a friend and both single and multi were very entertaining and a lot of fun. Admittedly though, I did not realize that Magrunner was a Portal-esque game, but it very much is and captures a lot of the actual feel of Portal in terms of the way you need to think to solve the puzzle challenges.

So, I misjudged this game big time and I really am enjoying it although I'm stuck on a level right now and just can't figure it out. :) If I remember correctly, I got a free copy of this from a GOG promo before and it's just sat there since, and I probably would not have tried it for quite some time if it weren't for beta testing my catalogue.

Anyhow, it's been a bright part of the day so far so I thought I'd share. :) If anyone here liked Valve's Portal games, there is a very very high chance you may also like this game.
The property we bought comes with a cat. Outdoor cat, though he had a bed and food dish (Marmaduke-sized) in the shop. The previous owners didn't have much to say about him but we finally teased out some info.

Cat finally came around about 4 days after we moved in. Turns out he's a real sweetheart, a lap kitty who likes belly rubs. He's afraid of the dogs for now but he'll likely come around once he figures out that they're just big and goofy and harmless.

Now need to swing by the local vet to see if they have any background info on him.

Got to play around with the new lawn tractor on Saturday. Probably took me an extra 30% more time to mow since I haven't used a lawn tractor before, and it's a fair bit different than using a push mower. I'll figure it out eventually.

I griped earlier about the weak internet speed here (768k) but so far it hasn't caused problems. Game downloads can take place when I'm on the road, where the hotels will have better speeds.
Seeing the arse wipes spamming my posts until they are deleted:)
The pain in my knee is gone :D
Matewis: The pain in my knee is gone :D
How about now? :D
Attachments:
knee.jpg (50 Kb)
Matewis: The pain in my knee is gone :D
tinyE: How about now? :D
god damn that must hurt so bad!
makes me wish I was this guy:
Attachments:
safe.jpg (18 Kb)
tinyE: How about now? :D
That was funny, Mr e.

It was funny because you put :D after it.
Spent some time today learning more advanced features in a few common productivity applications to make better use of my time and discovered a zillion shortcuts and time savers for common tasks/operations/etc. which will greatly speed up productivity when using these apps. It's always a great idea when using any software regularly to set aside some time from time to time to investigate its features, read the help system, search for docs and tutorials on Google, YouTube etc. as a half hour to an hour spent learning some tips can yield HOURS if not DAYS of returned time in gained productivity over time!

As an extension to that... apps that are extensible via macros and/or embedded scripting languages with powerful APIs rock.
HereForTheBeer: Got to play around with the new lawn tractor on Saturday.
We call them ride on mowers here, unless you mean the tractor-size ones like what councils use?

Pretty fun, makes the tedious job of mowing almost enjoyable.

Make sure you get one of those "How's My Driving" stickers for it.