It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Tauto: I do,oh and that's not an answer to a marriage proposal.
TStael: So if you do have friends, why would you ask if I should have some? Good friendship is about the best thing about human existence, besides having an annoying brother. ;-)

I am not perso the marrying kind. Is there anything wrong with that?
Umm,it seems you have an opinion on every word printed and expect an argument or the very least try your hardest to start one.I'm the one that has been labeled a troll and yet I will say to you ''calm'' down as I have no problem with you,BUT that can change instantaneously.
Chill, people. This is the "Happy" thread.

Anyway, great weather at home on my first full day back in town in about 4 weeks. Took the Fiesta ST out and to run some errands and decided to stop by our land for a first springtime look, and then made a slight detour on the way back to bomb around some excellent roads up in the hills. It was not a 'smart' decision to buy the car, yet we're both glad we did. So much fun in such a small and inexpensive package. This is what the early VW GTI buyers must have felt like.

Wanted to grill out yesterday but the timing didn't work. Some awesome meaty scents were floating on the wind throughout the neighborhood, though. Ahh, charcoal and open-flame cooking - doesn't get much better than that.

Oh, and I surprised the hell out of the wife Friday: didn't tell her I was coming home (never manage to catch her with her boyfriend, dammit ; ) ). Got in around 5:45 Friday, gave some lovin's to the dogs and dropped off my luggage, and then went over to Mom's where we all try to meet up each Friday evening. Got smothered with hugs and kisses, which ain't a bad thing at all.

If I can catch up on paperwork and decide on a replacement laptop, this will be the best weekend in a good while.
Here's an interesting one:

I was playing in an orchestra concert, and there are a few parts where the director asked us to take it down to one on a part because of balance issues. For one particular section, where I was the one playing, at the concert, I *forgot* that it was one on a part. Therefore, I didn't become nervous as I would have had I remembered. It wasn't until after the section that I remembered.

Human psychology is weird, sometimes. (English is also weird. Isn't "i" supposed to come after "e", except after "c"? The "w" in "weird" is *not* a "c".)
Been looking for a few years now for a property to buy, one that will suit the needs of both my little business and our personal lives. Trying to find a place with a climate-controlled shop and a lot of storage space for my inventory, and a one-story house that will suffice as we age. And be close to the village we live in now. Had our eye on a place a couple miles outside of town but it was always priced out of our budget. Got taken of the market for a bit and now it's relisted with a lower price, at the upper end of our budget. A bit worried about the price though it ticks nearly all of the boxes on the must-have list. House is much too big but the shop space appears to be just about perfect.

Going to take a look at it this morning. Crossing fingers...
HereForTheBeer: Been looking for a few years now for a property to buy, one that will suit the needs of both my little business and our personal lives. Trying to find a place with a climate-controlled shop and a lot of storage space for my inventory, and a one-story house that will suffice as we age. And be close to the village we live in now. Had our eye on a place a couple miles outside of town but it was always priced out of our budget. Got taken of the market for a bit and now it's relisted with a lower price, at the upper end of our budget. A bit worried about the price though it ticks nearly all of the boxes on the must-have list. House is much too big but the shop space appears to be just about perfect.

You only live once so go and buy it.
An old white lady riding a child's scooter down a hill past me, shortly after we emerged from the Tube together, where she'd previously been carrying it on her journey.

An old black lady spotted her and stopped to watch her pass.

I was smiling in the direction of the black lady as she turned to face me and resume her walk up hill.

She broke into a smile, herself.

I chuckled and stated, "good for her".

And she replied, "yes, indeed".

And we went on our merry way.

[This small event is compounded somewhat by the fact this is London, where no-one has much time for each other and anything which breaks the ice is welcomed by those of us still human among the tech'-'tarded zombie hoard.]
HereForTheBeer: Been looking for a few years now for a property to buy, one that will suit the needs of both my little business and our personal lives. Trying to find a place with a climate-controlled shop and a lot of storage space for my inventory, and a one-story house that will suffice as we age. And be close to the village we live in now. Had our eye on a place a couple miles outside of town but it was always priced out of our budget. Got taken of the market for a bit and now it's relisted with a lower price, at the upper end of our budget. A bit worried about the price though it ticks nearly all of the boxes on the must-have list. House is much too big but the shop space appears to be just about perfect.

Tauto: You only live once so go and buy it.
Yeah, I dunno. Took a look. The shop space would do the trick, no problem. The house is pretty dated and really big for 2 people. I mean, REALLY big, something like 4,000sf / 372 m2. 1.7 acres of really nice land with some great views. But dang, we'd have to put a lot of money into the house itself to bring it halfway up-to-date, just on the mechanical stuff. I have a feeling it'll be on the market for a while longer yet - even with the big price drop - so there's no hurry. And if it sells soon, well, we'll find something else or build somewhere.

Edit: but it comes with a free cat, so that might sway us back into the Buyer category. : )
Post edited April 25, 2016 by HereForTheBeer
Bloodlines was finally released here! I Instabought it, with the money i had the stupid inclination to invest into Beamdog's crap, before... Thankfully, GOG isn't steam and i got refunded properly, upon request; now onwards from buying trash, to buying gems! A hard lesson, indeed; note to self: "Never again buy newfound, twisted garbage for filler in your collection, keep money for the genuine classics"!
Post edited April 25, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
low rated
Tauto: You only live once so go and buy it.
HereForTheBeer: Yeah, I dunno. Took a look. The shop space would do the trick, no problem. The house is pretty dated and really big for 2 people. I mean, REALLY big, something like 4,000sf / 372 m2. 1.7 acres of really nice land with some great views. But dang, we'd have to put a lot of money into the house itself to bring it halfway up-to-date, just on the mechanical stuff. I have a feeling it'll be on the market for a while longer yet - even with the big price drop - so there's no hurry. And if it sells soon, well, we'll find something else or build somewhere.

Edit: but it comes with a free cat, so that might sway us back into the Buyer category. : )
Tell seller you will knock down house and rebuild and maybe they will see reason and drop price.Anyhow your the only one that can make a decision.
The free cat isn't a bonus for me:)
Post edited April 26, 2016 by Tauto
Just got my taxes done. I feel awesome now. As if I had slain a dragon. With my bare hands.
F4LL0UT: Just got my taxes done. I feel awesome now. As if I had slain a dragon. With my bare hands.
Elections coming up and your post just gave me an idea as the Government is looking for new things to tax.I hope they don't use it but a tax on a positive return tax:)
Yes,it's feasible as they once taxed us watching T.V. as in (license) to own one.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by Tauto
dtgreene: Human psychology is weird, sometimes. (English is also weird. Isn't "i" supposed to come after "e", except after "c"? The "w" in "weird" is *not* a "c".)
English is very hard indeed.

Like I before E except after C; except when it isn't, 800 something words; 800 exceptions to the rule.

I'll cross m toes too for ya ; D
Post edited April 26, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
Tauto: Yes,it's feasible as they once taxed us watching T.V. as in (license) to own one.
Germany and Poland actually still have that shit. And with the rise of mobile devices and shit Germany actually has begun charging you that money even if you don't actually own anything that you could possibly use to access public media. Assholes.
Tauto: Yes,it's feasible as they once taxed us watching T.V. as in (license) to own one.
F4LL0UT: Germany and Poland actually still have that shit. And with the rise of mobile devices and shit Germany actually has begun charging you that money even if you don't actually own anything that you could possibly use to access public media. Assholes.
They couldn't ''Police'' it so they gave it away and after all they do need bullshit taxes for their fat lifetime pensions.
Last day of my old shitty job.