It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Still struggling with Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos. I just can't believe it costed me about $1 during the last sale. After ~18h it seems to be close to the end of the great adventure.

The plot is quite simple, but I really enjoy variety of landscapes (I would classify the game as a dungeon crawler outdoors;) and some subtle plot twists at the very end. And the graphics - it's just gorgeous (in terms of classic crpgs, of course)!
Zombie Night Terror

Just got to the graveyard level and was jazzed to see a reference to my favorite scene in one of my favorite zombie movies of all time. XD
Attachments:
rotld.jpg (127 Kb)
Post edited January 21, 2017 by tinyE
Still on Xcom 2. Feckin' uninstalled the Alien Hunters DLC. F that for a bag o' chips. WAY too OP on those ruler stats. Otherwise it's great. About halfway through a campaign on normal. Much more doable, even if the RNG is still FUBAR.
Playing The Witcher 2 for the second time, taking a different story route now.
After finished TES:Arena, I started TES2:Daggerfall for the first time.
Man...This game is HUGE! I need searching function and first travel to go to towns and dungeons.
I made an original class,for my hero ,Magic Fighter (MP 3*INT, spell absorb, have a long sword skill, but can't equip brunt weapons, short swords, leather and silver armors). In my experience of the Arena, I think I need a strong magic capacity to my hero.
After finished the tutorial dungeon, I arrived the city of Daggerfall and joined in the fighter guild, mage guild ,the knights of Dragon and the temple of something (I forget the name:D).
I meet a spy, who said I should look for the royal families in the 3 castles.Maybe it is the main quest, I guess.

Also recently I've been itched on Rogue-like games, so I begun the original Rogue, well, actually windows port version, Classic Rogue 2.5 with no use graphic tile-set in the setting( I prefer using ASCII-tile in rouge-like games).
So far my highest score are 2 rogues in level 18. One killed by Troll, and other killed by Ur-Viles.
I need at least a decent weapon and armor and a lot of wands/scrolls to beat them.but I don't have enough luck to get them.
yoshino: After finished TES:Arena, I started TES2:Daggerfall for the first time.
Wow. That's quite ambitious! :D
Could you tell me how long does it take to complete the The Elder Scrolls: Arena? HLTB shows 20-100h xD How about your case?

Did you played GOG edition? Received as a bonus for buying some newer Bethesda titles, I suppose? (the game is unavailable in GOG games' catalogue directly)
Started playing Final Fantasy 13. So far it's a better game than what I expected.
yoshino: After finished TES:Arena, I started TES2:Daggerfall for the first time.
ciemnogrodzianin: Wow. That's quite ambitious! :D
Could you tell me how long does it take to complete the The Elder Scrolls: Arena? HLTB shows 20-100h xD How about your case?

Did you played GOG edition? Received as a bonus for buying some newer Bethesda titles, I suppose? (the game is unavailable in GOG games' catalogue directly)
I don't know how long I played but not so long because I only finished the main quest line and didn't play any side quests.
I played the GOG version. Daggerfall is also same. I don't know an unofficial patch could apply GOG version or not, so I'm just playing the vanilla version as it is.
By the way, I got Arena and Daggerfall for free by buying Morrowind GOG version :)
Man...This game is HUGE! I need searching function and first travel to go to towns and dungeons.
I made an original class,for my hero ,Magic Fighter (MP 3*INT, spell absorb, have a long sword skill, but can't equip brunt weapons, short swords, leather and silver armors). In my experience of the Arena, I think I need a strong magic capacity to my hero.
The Spell Absorption advantage doesn't seem to work properly in Daggerfall. In particular (and assuming you don't have another form of Spell Absorption, which will override this):

1. If an enemy casts a spell on you, it almost never gets absorbed. It seems that you need to be a higher level to absorb an enemy's spells, and since enemies scale, this rarely happens. (When it happens, it almost certainly involves a spellcasting monster.)

2. If you cast an Area at Range spell, and you are caught within the area, the spell *will* be absorbed (assuming you have the capacity to do so, which will always be the case except in unusual circumstances because you just *spent* that many spell points casting the spell). Needless to say, this can be exploited to your benefit. I suspect that absorbing your own spells was supposed to be impossible, but the programmers made a mistake in the logic, so it has the opposite effect. (Think about the consequences; 100% Disintegrate that you can cast endlessly, killing enemies without ever running out of magic yourself.)
Playing Codename Panzers Phase One at the moment. No idea if turn-based strategy changed me so much (I liked the predecessor Swine), but it feels too arcade-ish to me: tanks as first line, artillery behind, scouting with some snipers, artillery will destroy spotted enemies who even might not move when attacked. And not terrain on the maps for tactics, usually small roads in valleys. The graphics are good

Had tried the successor Rush for Berlin before, but real-time with timed missions isn't my cup of tea and killing tanks by running to them to place a magnetic mine (Sevastopol mission) because you don't have an effective infantry for battles against tanks in city streets is annoying.
Still enjoying Fallout Tactics with the Redux 1.3 modification. I just enjoy clearing areas of enemies one by one, either sniping them down from afar, or sending a sneaker or two to sneak behind their backs and either stab them to death, or shoot them down from a close range. Protip: start pushing the Sneak skill for at least one or two of your characters as soon as possible, it really helps with some hard enemies that you can get close to them undetected.

The things that at this point annoy me the most:

1. I am plaiying in the hardest difficulty, and the game advances quite slowly. I think I am now on the fourth mission, and it has taken ages to hunt down enemies one by one. I guess it is also because I run combat in turn-based mode which slows things down too. Damn this game will take a long time.

2. The game promotes save-scumming. Trying to play without repeatedly save-loading doesn't make much sense because even your main character may die easily from one enemy hit and at some points you really need to get that critical hit to enemy's head that knocks them down, in order to survive. But oh well, so many other games do this too I guess...

3. I would have preferred that I could create from scratch all my party members. Besides the main character, now I have to hire from a set of premade characters which quite usually are unoptimal, and have traits or perks that can be useless or even negative. Like that one soldier I have which has pretty good agility (which gives her lots of action points)... but then she has a trait that nullifies that, by making her stronger but with less action points. She'd otherwise be a perfect melee fighter that runs to the enemies and knocks them down, but the lack of action points makes her pretty useless for that purpose, she is slow as molasses. If I could just remove that one damn trait from her... At this point I just keep her out of all fights, I guess I need to replace her. She is not a good shot either.
Post edited January 27, 2017 by timppu
I've uninstalled League of Legends, that's the last game I've played... I may reinstall it in the future but I'm getting addicted pretty easily to this one. I'd like to find a cool game in which I can learn programming, hmmm
Samus didn't make it.
Attachments:
retro.jpg (111 Kb)
Trying to finish one more game of Civilization 3, but this time at emperor difficulty. Going well so far. The world, except China, stands united against the Celts and conquest for world domination. Luckily they don't seem to have oil, which is what sparked the war when they demanded it from me. So now it's battleships against galleons >:D
Drakensang: The River of Time / Phileasson's Secret

I had a read about, you can continue the game after river of time ends, so I'll leave Phileasson's Secret until then, or should I?

Playing as a Soldier this time, which is tough as I don't have any spells, I miss my turn to stone spell from the first drakensang :(

Also having a go at XCOM: Enemy Unknown, to see if I should cancel my Humble Monthly....
Post edited January 26, 2017 by Cavenagh