It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wasn't sure what i wanted to play after finishing Witcher 3, so fired up several games to give them a try. Looks like I've finally settled on Skyrim.
I've been (slowly) playing Dragon Quest VII on the DS. It's too long, and its episodic nature means that twenty or thirty hours in, there's still very little in the way of a "main plot," so its sadly been relegated to "podcast game" status, but I've beaten all of the main-series games except 7 and 8, and I'm enjoying it enough that I'd rather not just drop it.
So played homm3 complete beaten restoration of erathia campaigns since i couldn't beat it in the past(especially steadwicks fall i think)still have the bonus one to beat.I remember that one map i was lucky by taking over every town probably in tunnels and troglodytes and i simply couldn't beat one hero since he somehow had 500 harpies so he either glitched out since he stopped moving and i won because he didn't have any towns.
Think roe was released first in homm3 so that is why i played it first next i will probably play armageddon blade and then the prequel since i read that ab was the first add-on
Post edited January 29, 2017 by Fonzer
BadDecissions: I've been (slowly) playing Dragon Quest VII on the DS. It's too long, and its episodic nature means that twenty or thirty hours in, there's still very little in the way of a "main plot," so its sadly been relegated to "podcast game" status, but I've beaten all of the main-series games except 7 and 8, and I'm enjoying it enough that I'd rather not just drop it.
I've finished all DraQue games except the 10th(MMO-RPG, duh) and the 7th one was the longest game and sometimes a bit boring by endless sub quests.
But I played the PS1 original version, and I've heard the DS version was enhanced from the original quite a bit.
By the way, the 8th one is my favorite in the series with 3rd and 5th.

For me , finished the 10th stage in Super Robot Wars L.and it seems like I gathered all main robots
Also I'm stated playing Ultima Underworld in the 2nd play through as a Paladin.
I quit it due to bored in early level, but this time I will play it until finished.
yoshino: I've finished all DraQue games except the 10th(MMO-RPG, duh) and the 7th one was the longest game and sometimes a bit boring by endless sub quests.
But I played the PS1 original version, and I've heard the DS version was enhanced from the original quite a bit.
By the way, the 8th one is my favorite in the series with 3rd and 5th.
Personally, I actually consider the 5th and 8th games in the series to be my least favorite. My favorites are 3 (remakes only) and 6 (original version). In any case, here are my issues with the games I like less:

DQ5:
* Game forces you to play a male character. (This is notable because both DQ3 and DQ4 allow you to make the hero female.)
* Game is too heteronormative for my tastes. You *have* to enter a straight marriage to continue the game at one point.
* Game is sexist in its handling of the main character's children. The son becomes the legendary hero and gets unique (and powerful) spells and equipment), while the daughter has nothing unique about her. (I note that DQ4 had a *much* better handling of female characters, including one who *isn't* a spellcaster.)
* By DQ standards, the game is way too cutscene heavy.
* Getting certain party members is *way* too RNG dependent. (The original has an obscure trick that lets you guarantee monster recruitment, but that was taken out in the remakes.)
* The original version limits active party size to only 3 characters. What was the reasoning behind that? (Incidentally, the combat system works properly if you hack a save state to increase the party size, but the game will glitch outside of combat.)

DQ8:
* Game, again, forces you to play a male character. (The only DQ games I will excuse from this criticism are the first two.)
* No control over your party. You get 4 characters, and that's it. Furthermore, the party isn't gender balanced, and the characters aren't balanced with each other (in particular, Yangus is underpowered and Jessica is overpowered; why should the mage's physical attacks be stronger than the brute strength character's?).
* Skill point system requires you to make irreversible choices in character development at a stage when you don't know which choices are good. It also makes it nearly impossible to teach characters new types of abilities later on. The class systems of DQ3, DQ6, DQ7, and DQ9 don't have this issue. (DQ9 lets you get extra skill points by leveling up other classes; DQ8 lacks anything similar.)
* The game plays more slowly, as battle animations are slower and there are also load times (a problem that earlier DQ games didn't have).

For completeness:

DQ3 original:
* HP and MP growth handling is horrible; to give you an idea of how bad it is, I note that the Seeds of Vitality and Intelligence will actually hurt the character's HP and MP growth, rather than helping it. (While it may look like I have only listed one flaw of this game, it is actually a dealbreaker for me. Fortunately, this was fixed in the remakes.)

DQ6 remake:
* Must play as a male character (the original has this issue, but by my policy I need to mention it as a flaw)
* Can no longer recruit monsters (could in the original DQ6)
* Balance was adjusted for the worse, not the better. Vacuum (mistranslated as "Thin Air"), one of the most useful skills in the game, was made stronger (to the point of making enemies with this skill more dangerous than they should be), while Madante (translated as Magic Burst), an ability that was already impractical due to its high cost (all of the caster's MP), and was the only thing Barbara/Ashlynn really had going for her, was made weaker to the point of being entirely useless.

Edit: I should point out that I actually do like the original Dragon Quest, especially given how differently it feels compared to most other JRPGs; it feels like it could even fit in a different subgenre.
Post edited January 30, 2017 by dtgreene
Sarting Skyward Sword 5 years later, for the 30th of Zelda, playing with my Wiimote on Dolphin, PC. Not fan of motion control but I understand this game might make the best use of this feature... Still not a fan for now, I'll see how I like it further.
Post edited January 31, 2017 by koima57
I just played through the first few missions of Steamworld Heist. So far so good. :)
koima57: Not fan of motion control but I understand this game might make the best use of this feature...
Unfortunately, that makes it still a subpar experience. Not to mention having to constantly recalibrate. I'm glad motion controls are pretty much dead now because they were utterly stupid from beginning to end. Hooray for carpal tunnel and not pressing buttons. Ugh.
Post edited February 01, 2017 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: I just played through the first few missions of Steamworld Heist. So far so good. :)
koima57: Not fan of motion control but I understand this game might make the best use of this feature...
mistermumbles: Unfortunately, that makes it still a subpar experience. Not to mention having to constantly recalibrate. I'm glad motion controls are pretty much dead now because they were utterly stupid from beginning to end. Hooray for carpal tunnel and not pressing buttons. Ugh.
I agree with you here... I prefere traditional controls to new experience of it... I had to skip the 2 Ds Zelda games because forced touch controls is not my audience.

I see them discounted some on the Wii U shop currently but hold on too...

However I liked the Wiimote in Twilight Princess, it was not requiring much precision and therefore was fun overall.

dtgreene: DQ6 remake:
* Must play as a male character (the original has this issue, but by my policy I need to mention it as a flaw)
* Can no longer recruit monsters (could in the original DQ6)
* Balance was adjusted for the worse, not the better. Vacuum (mistranslated as "Thin Air"), one of the most useful skills in the game, was made stronger (to the point of making enemies with this skill more dangerous than they should be), while Madante (translated as Magic Burst), an ability that was already impractical due to its high cost (all of the caster's MP), and was the only thing Barbara/Ashlynn really had going for her, was made weaker to the point of being entirely useless.

Edit: I should point out that I actually do like the original Dragon Quest, especially given how differently it feels compared to most other JRPGs; it feels like it could even fit in a different subgenre.
I have the DS remake game sitting on my shelf, yet to play it... But i read online you can recruit many slimes and a dragon?

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq6ds/monster_recruitment_guide.txt
Post edited February 01, 2017 by koima57
Payday 2 demo and FreeOrion (alpha version 0.4.6). Very very disparate games hehe.
I'm playing Path of Exile a lot lately and I'm on a classic Adventure games fix!

Phantasmagoria 1 (I had the orignial 7 CD version with the soft CD-cover)
Toonstruck
Broken Sword
Blade Runner (LOVE IT)
Gabriel Knight 2
koima57: I have the DS remake game sitting on my shelf, yet to play it... But i read online you can recruit many slimes and a dragon?

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq6ds/monster_recruitment_guide.txt
Yes, but that's nothing compared to what you could recruit in the original. In the original, you could recruit a whole bunch of monsters, including things like a rotten corpse, a bomb rock, and even a killer robot (which can sometimes act twice per round under AI control), and in the post game, you could recruit the most powerful character available in any Dragon Quest game (complete with extremely high stats and two actions per round under AI control).

(On the other hand, the DS version does have a couple things going for it, namely party chat (Barbara/Ashlynn has my favorite party talk dialog in DQ6DS, but is unfortunately weak in combat) and having significantly faster combat.)
I beat Super Mario Bros 3 and Yoshi Island for the first time in my life. I was in the middle of playing Super Mario RPG, but that has been put on hiatus, as I just started Pillars of Eternity, and so far the story presentation is very good.
Risen.

It's not bad, but I'm not yet sure if I really like it. Sure makes me want to re-play Gothic though.
Might and Magic IX
Streets of Rage Remake V5.1

Pokemon Uranium

Another Metroid 2 Remake

Megaman fangame that my pal amrit linked here before

Pokemon Reborn

That mario fangame that my good pal DtGreene mentioned before (the one with playable Link from zelda, which combines elements from Mario All Stars and World)

As you see, for me, it's full fan-game season! I am awed by the level of detail, quality, fanservice and work of all those! I simply love them!