It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

micktiegs_8: About to start Mount and blade warband with the Floris mod (again)

Some OTTTD on the side
Ah, ye olde Floris mod. I actually installed that before I ever played vanilla WB because of all the positive reviews and forum chatter. So glad I did, absolutely indispensable mod in my humble opinion.
My PC doesn't work (hard drive died) and therefore I'm playing on my laptop which doesn't have the resources for graphically advanced games. So I'm playing Long Live The Queen. :-)
crysis 2. that opening level... awesome
Piranjade: My PC doesn't work (hard drive died) and therefore I'm playing on my laptop which doesn't have the resources for graphically advanced games. So I'm playing Long Live The Queen. :-)
My hard drive died not long ago, it sucked really badly. However, Trentonlf had a giveaway where I won Long Live the Queen, and I can say it not only does not suck but it is really, really good.
The Cat Lady. I'm replaying it and making different choices to try and get one of the other endings. It's just as awesome now as the first time I played it, maybe more as I've played (and finished) Downfall (set in the same universe as The Cat Lady) since the first time I completed The Cat Lady.
Simon the Sorcerer.

I don't particularly like it. Wandering around aimlessly and doing shit for absolutely no reason except that in an adventure game, if you can do something you probably should; not all that funny, in spite of its best efforts; some real bullshit puzzles that brought things to a screeching halt (was there a hint to the metal detector thing, or was I seriously supposed to just use it on every screen until I got lucky?). I mean, I guess if you're comparing it to some other early adventure games it comes out smelling of roses, but I don't think it's particularly good in its own right.
I find that what I feel like playing tends to be influenced by what I'm reading. Lately it's been the Avery Cates books by Jeff Somers, so I'm going to start up DE:HR again.
Hexcells Infinite. Great little game! Just don't guess, that takes all the fun out of it.
Deadfall Adventures a kind of Indiana Jones FPS mixture.

The game uses autosaves, which kinda puts a damper on you exploring for secrets cos sometimes you will enter an area and the last area gets closed off and you cannot revert to a manual save to go back and finish exploring. Some insta deaths from traps can be frustrating too with this autosave mechanic. Story and atmosphere are quite good, but the autosave kills the beejeesus out of this game for me.
Batman Arkham City on PC.
It's fun and a really good-looking game.
Monster Loves You! - A funny decision based adventure style game.
Played a little bit of Dark Reign, just the first few missions. I'm seeing a game with potential that I want to like, but really don't so far.

Biggest problem is just that the interface is driving me insane. I've always played RTS like Starcraft with the right-click->do stuff interface, so any time I run into one with a left-click interface it drives me bonkers. It is even worse in this one because I can't seem to move the minimap if I have units selected - clicking the map issues move orders instead. I'd also like some hotkeys, but I can't complain too much yet since I haven't actually read the manual. There's no hints though, which there should be.

I also have an issue where something seems to have vomited neon colors all over my screen, but thankfully I found a workaround in the game's forum. Still, I'd rather not have to jump through hoops just to make it playable. The game isn't going to get very long to grip me because of this.

On the plus side there's a good variety of units. Real variety where they look different and have obviously different stats. That by itself puts it in a class above TA.

I like what they were going for with the AI behavior orders. Regardless of settings, they makes your units so stupid and suicidal that wild sea turtles would probably be more intelligent, but I like the idea. It'll save me the effort of manually scouting the map at least.

Graphics are about what I'd expect from that period. Not exactly pretty, but everything is easily identifiable and clearly distinguished from everything else. No complaints here.

I dunno, it seems like its just too hard to please me when it comes to RTS games. I'm tired of SC2, but nothing else seems to scratch the itch. Maybe I should reinstall Brood War...
Saints Row 4

What started out great has become a bit "meh". I'm only about half way through it. Hope it will pick up again
mofungo: Saints Row 4

What started out great has become a bit "meh". I'm only about half way through it. Hope it will pick up again
I really enjoyed my first playthrough of Saints Row 4 but it does stick a bit too closely to the formula presented early in the game. Still, the later parts of the game do pick up a bit and the end stage(s) are fun.
Starting to play more games because otherwise I overeat b/c I have hands free.

I am kind of playing Just Cause but it's getting boring. So I started up Torchlight and am having a little bit of fun, although the game does feel padded and like a "click-fest". Still, nice diversions.