It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Piranjade: My PC doesn't work (hard drive died) and therefore I'm playing on my laptop which doesn't have the resources for graphically advanced games. So I'm playing Long Live The Queen. :-)
AnimalMother117: My hard drive died not long ago, it sucked really badly. However, Trentonlf had a giveaway where I won Long Live the Queen, and I can say it not only does not suck but it is really, really good.
Oh, I do enjoy it a lot! :-)
I just saved the day with the power of music!
I play without using any guides, so when that last presence check popped up, I was like "Oh you can't be serious!" but I managed to learn enough using an earlier save.
I was all set to try Dark Reign again to see if I could get into it any better than before, but that didn't work out. It started telling me to put the CD in the drive so I couldn't play. Quite silly! I suppose I could contact GOG support to try and get it fixed, but considering the other problems I had with the game it just isn't worth it.

So instead I installed Starcraft: Brood War again and started playing that. Great game, I just wish I could find a new (to me) RTS that I really like.
Playing X-Com Enemy Within again with the Long War mod. Feels like a brand new game! Awesome!
Five nights at Freddy's.

It's basically anxiety simulator.
As of right now I have been playing way too much of Distance. The community is turning out so many tracks that I can't keep up with them. Right now there are over 100 community tracks and growing each day. Here is a few videos I made of two community tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIrqDP_Gjqo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVfZDGAGmu0

Official Beta Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWDTeuukfc

Official Site
http://survivethedistance.com/

If you are a fan of racing games like F-zero, Wipeout, Rush 2049 or Extreme G, then you will probably love this game.

Distance as of right now is in Private Beta and will probably convert to public in a few weeks.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by XMETALGEARX
Tiny Barbarian/Tiny Barbarian DX. The original Tiny Barbarian is a freeware game that can be beaten in around 20 minutes if you're like me and fumble along through the final boss battle, and it has the distinction of probably being the best Conan game ever made, seeing how it's based on The Frost Giant's Daughter. That's kind of a knock on how crappy most Conan games are, but it's really quite a solid 2D action platform game.

Tiny Barbarian DX is an expansion on the original concept - a few more moves, longer levels, slightly more nuanced graphics. It's not yet complete because it's being released in episodes. The first two are out, the third is being worked on, and there are supposed to be four in total when it's all done. It's really fun if you like this sort of thing. Very challenging, but unlike 8/16-bit era games it's generous with checkpoints so you don't mind dying over and over too much.
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, on Steam

A really charming RPG/store simulator where you're running an item shop in a JRPG world to try to pay off your father's debt. Maybe you spend the day running the shop and haggling. Maybe you descend into a dungeon to try to find rare items to sell for 100% profit. It's cute and challenging. Its weakness is the actual haggling part of the gameplay, where you actually sell the stuff you find or buy. There are a pretty limited collection of customers, you learn pretty quickly how much of a mark-up each of them will tolerate, and the whole thing becomes pretty mechanical.

I'm playing that on my laptop. When I'm home, I'm playing

Thief Gold, from GOG

One of many games that I started playing, then abandoned for no particular reason. It's especially baffling in this case, because I think Thief is great. My reaction to a lot of games this site hypes as immortal classics is a kind of muted "It was OK, I guess?" so it's nice to sometimes find a game that I really feel lives up to its reputation.

OK, so the controls could be better, and don't seem to be rebindable. I hear there's some kind of major patch that includes more control options. I should look into that.
Post edited September 11, 2014 by BadDecissions
Frozen Synapse.

I want to shout from the eRooftops: this game is fucking great. There are some quirks here and there, but it feels to great to win a round. I avoided playing it for years because it seemed way too intimidating. I'm glad I finally pushed myself into playing it :D
Ageod's 'To End All Wars' World War One strategy game. Like all Ageod games, it is fun and has a lot to offer, but that's the problem. Ageod games are filled with a ton of information and statistical overload. Unit cohesion, combat power, morale, supply, activate/inactive leaders, event cards, battle planner, it's almost too much. Placing all of those mechanics on a game board covering all of Europe, Russia, and the middle east is just asking for trouble.

Ageod games are fun, but they have refined their engine into the perfect Rube Goldberg device. There's a million pieces to their games, when a thousand would have been sufficient.
Galactic Civilization 2, Tetris, Goscurry...
Trying to finish lots of rpgs, failing with that all the time... Ultima VI, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2...
Some FTL, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Star Wolves, Botanicula...

I have probably a special case of adhd, I can commit to a gaming session for 5-6 hours, then next time I start,
I pick another game :p

oh yeah the devil game Tales of Maj'Eyal... argh... just kidding, it's a nice game...
but playing with permadeath roguelike difficulty, dying after 15 hours of game time...
Post edited September 11, 2014 by superstande
Played Divinity: Original Sin for a bit and then saw there was an update to Tower of Guns.

So now I'm again playing Tower of Guns. ; )

Damn, I love that simple, stupid, fun game. Noticed that I set it aside at something like 92% completion, and am now at 95% on my way to hitting 100%. I have two weapons and two perks to go, with one of the perks being Insane mode (or whatever it's called). Oughta be an interesting run...
on my xbox : Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
PC: Dungeon Keeper 2 and evil genius
wrat: on my xbox : Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
PC: Dungeon Keeper 2 and evil genius
I've played D3 and have heard reaper is like playing a different game, like D3 was supposed to be. any opinion?
Victoria 2. And i feel so rusty...
The Guild 2 Renaissance and Mark of the Ninja, both GoG.

The Guild was supposed to be a little diversion when I wanted to change things up (seriously, how long could one play a game about baking bread?). But the thing has totally sucked me in. I can't put it down. I should have finished MoTN and been onto a second stealth only / dev commentary run by now. But no, I end up sinking tons of my game time into bread baking after all LOL.