It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished Doom*16 and are now going through every FEAR game. Nr 2 and 3 are new to me so that's going to be fun I'd imagine.

Also trying more of old ID engine games, like Harmony, Strife, Brutal Doom, Brutal Hexen, and Brutal Heretic this weekend.
Elder Scrolls online

Positives
+ Doesn't suffer from the typically poor (compared to single player) mmo combat and questing. In fact, the combat is pretty fun and exciting.
+ Passable to good voice acting all round for npcs
+ Areas are vast and fun to explore
+ Great atmosphere
+ Lack of a subscription doesn't appear to be a hindrance, at least not for a significant portion of the game. Limited bank and inventory space are easily expandable with ingame gold.
+ Tons of customization options not hidden behind a paywall.
+ A crazy amount of addons to enhance/tweak the game.
+ Cool crafting system.
+ Effective translations of several fun elder scrolls mechanics to the mmo setting : pickpocketing, stealing(kinda), trespassing, tons of lore books, and a very similar alchemy system
+ Interesting leveling and class system that doesn't shoehorn you into specific roles.
+ Coop with a friend is tons of fun.

Negatives
- Certain things don't translate that well from the single player games and end up feeling overly restricted/simplified, specifically sneaking and gathering alchemy components. And unsurprisingly you can't pick up anything and everything. Perhaps not an issue seeing as its an mmo, but its very noticeable and disappointing for a veteran of the series.
- Several DLCs that are quite pricey that may very well 'nudge' you into getting the $13 subscription. Not sure though how big of a nudge it will be. Depends on whether I'll end up feeling a bit starved for content (which I absolutely don't at this stage) at higher levels.
- Like the single player games, there's some consolitis present.
- Pales in comparison to morrowind onwards when it comes to single player imo. Stay away if you are not interested/curious about an elder scrolls version of things like dungeon runs with parties, monsters too powerful for a single person, player guilds, pvp and coop with friends.

edit : disclaimer - these are very early views, as I my highest char is only lvl9 at this time.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by Matewis
Holy hell. After countless ups and downs, I finally reached 2,000 trophies in Clash Royale. Before I get ahead of myself, I'll expect even more ups and downs in my next bunch of battles. I wouldn't put it past myself to drop back down to 1,600 or lower at some point, but I'll take whatever progress I can get. As a relatively new player, a lot of advanced opponents have been throwing rare, epic, or legendary cards at me that I have a hard time identifying. I managed to identify several such cards on the wikia site, but there's one hulk of a monster that isn't listed anywhere. This game is a learning experience; a real trial by fire to be more precise.
Alternating between Mortal Kombat XL, Project CARS and Final Fantasy Type-0.

MK XL is just a grind for last trophy and for last two Combat Modifiers for Two Player matches.

In Project CARS, I have joined with McLaren GT3 car the World Endurance Championship, and now I have 2 hours long LeMans race in front of me. I will need to find some more time and mood for this race. To much traveling at work lately to enjoy racing at the moment.

And FF Type-0. Wow, I think this game is the most bloodiest game, I have ever played. You are a "special commando" in middle of a bloody war, and it feels like you are really in middle of a conflict, unlike some casual CoD or BF games :P I do not like the feel of combat, in the game, but well, the backstory is good enough to overcome it's issues.

And today, I have bought .hack//G.U. - Last Recode on my PS4. A bundle of 3 PS2 games and 1 new game to finish the story. Pretty good deal for 40 EUR. I should also finally finish Pillars of Eternity and Dead State in my GOG backlog, but I am using my PC lately, just for watching some sci-fi series, which I have missed before. ST: Enterprise and The Expanse Seasons 1 and 2 finished, and now closing to the end of Season 1 of ST: The Next Generation.
Post edited November 18, 2017 by MMLN
Just installed The Book of Unwritten Tales, because I wanted something funny and without combat.

I’ve recently completed Deus Ex: Invisible War, which was both fun and occasionally funny, but not quite as good as Deus Ex 1 or Human Revolution. My combat-less desire is not because the combat in IW or other games is bad, but I guess it’s not great either (although the gunplay in DX: HR was so fun that I played it a second time directly afterwards, after my pacifistic first playthrough).

My favorite thing in immersive sims and most games is to go about exploring, like jumping up on stuff and talking to people/reading stuff. TBoUT is aBoUT talking to people and reading stuff at the very least. I’ve got Dishonored’s Daud DLC for when I want to explore areas.
MMLN: Alternating between Mortal Kombat XL,
Have you ever played 9? I'm on that right now.
Alright, I'm almost certain that I need to rethink my Clash Royale deck. My previous setups were probably enough to beat the first six arenas, but I'm regularly being outgunned by my opponents' superior cards. Many of them are deploying legendaries while I don't have anything higher than epic. I'm immediately reminded of how my untwinked Diablo 2 characters were eternally starved for decent unique items. Unfortunately, I'm so high up in trophy rank that I cannot safely test wildly-new deck ideas without eating quite a few losses. As far as I know, there aren't any practice arenas like there were in Castle Crush. I suppose I'll need to study other people's Youtube guides in order to learn the ropes this late in the game.
Trying my hand at a good playthrough of Black and White again. Forgot how insanely hard it is :P Goddammit, stop breeding!!
I'm a bad girl!
Attachments:
srt.jpg (178 Kb)
MMLN: Alternating between Mortal Kombat XL,
tinyE: Have you ever played 9? I'm on that right now.
Yes. I own all Mortal Kombat games from main series. 9 is my second favourite right behind MKII, maybe tied with Trilogy. Two or three weeks ago I went back to the game, because I never finished the Challenge Tower. And lools like it will take me forever to finish it. I got stuck at Challenge #251 (to beat Baraka, Sindel and Shao Kahn with one health bar) And I have spent more than three hours on it already. You have to beqt them with Shang Tsung, but I am not very good with him :-/
tinyE: Have you ever played 9? I'm on that right now.
MMLN: Yes. I own all Mortal Kombat games from main series. 9 is my second favourite right behind MKII, maybe tied with Trilogy. Two or three weeks ago I went back to the game, because I never finished the Challenge Tower. And lools like it will take me forever to finish it. I got stuck at Challenge #251 (to beat Baraka, Sindel and Shao Kahn with one health bar) And I have spent more than three hours on it already. You have to beqt them with Shang Tsung, but I am not very good with him :-/
I got it on a whim to try out my new computer and I'm hooked. :P I used to play #1 when it was first introduced in the arcades 25 years ago and never really played much since then, but I'm loving this. I love how they refined the moves so they aren't super easy, but they aren't overly complicated like they started to get with #3.

Still can't find a regular character though that I can totally dominate with.
After I muddled through the tech catastrophe Sybria 3 was I am now just playing Syberia 1 again and I am still loving it (would love it even more though if you had the possibility to change scenes with double click).
Post edited November 18, 2017 by MarkoH01
MMLN: Yes. I own all Mortal Kombat games from main series. 9 is my second favourite right behind MKII, maybe tied with Trilogy. Two or three weeks ago I went back to the game, because I never finished the Challenge Tower. And lools like it will take me forever to finish it. I got stuck at Challenge #251 (to beat Baraka, Sindel and Shao Kahn with one health bar) And I have spent more than three hours on it already. You have to beqt them with Shang Tsung, but I am not very good with him :-/
tinyE: I got it on a whim to try out my new computer and I'm hooked. :P I used to play #1 when it was first introduced in the arcades 25 years ago and never really played much since then, but I'm loving this. I love how they refined the moves so they aren't super easy, but they aren't overly complicated like they started to get with #3.

Still can't find a regular character though that I can totally dominate with.
I think MK X is little bit more complicated than 9, especially if you do not have Quicksilver reflexes :P The best character for domination, hmm... My issue was, that I always played with all characters, so I was typical Jack-of-all-trades, master of none :P I always loved most Smoke, but it was never the most dominating character.

I think the easiest to master for total domination, was always Scorpion, because it was always favourite character of Ed Boon. In MK9 is for single player the most dominating character Sheeva, due to some glitch, which was never patched out. But if you do not want to have cheesy wins, I would probably recommend you to master Scorpion or Shang Tsung. ST is hard to master, but he can be real pain in the ass in the hands of good player.
Driving tank with gen. Patton against zombie hordes, which is only possible in Necrovision: Lost Company (:
I'm currently replaying FlatOut 2 for the umpteenth time. Still my favorite racing game ever. Vroom, vroom... crash! ;)