It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hopefully this time I can actually finish the game :P Using some tweaks though :
grenades can explode on impact
dye grenade boosted to level of first game so that it isn't useless
Attachments:
screen000.png (103 Kb)
Leroux: I haven't tried W3, but I was under the impression that W3 is a very demanding game that might not run smoothly on my PC unless I turn down the settings a bit. With Dragon's Dogma, I didn't really think about it, I just played with the default settings and it ran perfectly, I didn't experience any lag whatsoever. My PC is a Intel Core i5-4430 4x3GHz with 8GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce GTX 660, and I run games on Win 8.1 in 1680*1024.

It's a very combat-oriented game that's probably a lot lighter on the RPG elements and story compared to Witcher. I should mention that I play it with a gamepad; not sure how well it works with mouse and keyboard.
Ah, thank you for the specifics!
Much appreciated.
Might have to buy Dragon's Dogma then and see how it goes.

I have a laptop with i7 and Geforce GTX 860M... Not sure where this Geforce chip ranks but probably around the same as GTX 660.

Honestly, I may have to leave the planet in haste tonight, but as far as I'm concerned Witcher 3 is not any kind of peak of RPG greatness. If anything it's the worst of the series. Alright, if you don't hear from me, I'll be in some other galaxy for a while :P
Post edited September 29, 2017 by superstande
Thats easy: i can only play what i have installed
and 90% are good old games with some new games that might become good old games to me.

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade!
Jagged Alliance 2 , Jagged Alliance
Edna and Harvey - The Breakout
EOTB 1,2,3
Fallout classics ( 3 games) ,Gorky 17, KQ6

Kathy Rain, Anna's Quest, Lords of Xulima, Oh...Sir - The Insult Simulator, Thimbleweed Park,defenders quest, antihero,braveland series, avadon and other jeff vogel games ( small games )
all wadjeteye games, Triple Town

MK1,2,3, Puzzle Agent 1+2 , Rocket Ranger, . Unepic, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Guild of Dungeoneering (60fps) , Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Fulll Throttle
Kingdom Rush Frontiers
Post edited September 29, 2017 by gamesfreak64
superstande: Honestly, I may have to leave the planet in haste tonight, but as far as I'm concerned Witcher 3 is not any kind of peak of RPG greatness. If anything it's the worst of the series. Alright, if you don't hear from me, I'll be in some other galaxy for a while :P
Can't judge that, I only played two chapters of the first one and thought it was okayish but not great. From what I heard W3 has really beautiful graphics and outstanding writing, while the RPG mechanics are all over the place ...
Leroux: Can't judge that, I only played two chapters of the first one and thought it was okayish but not great. From what I heard W3 has really beautiful graphics and outstanding writing, while the RPG mechanics are all over the place ...
Yeah indeed, the game has pretty graphics. But it's a long game when DLCs are included and there just was something missing that I never got. But yeah, that's like, just my opinion, man ;)
AndreeaB: Yeah it was really disappointing to find that out because you have to spend most of the time on the river so you can get to places but the don't work well. I don't have a controller to see if it works better with that but also if i buy a pc game i expect it to work with the keyboard and mouse. And you have to be close to an island for the popup to appear to dock but that too sometimes appears sometimes it doesn't :/ it 's really disappointing since i really wanted to play this game for a long time
dtgreene: If you don't have a controller, I would suggest staying away from Guacamelee!. That game pretty much requires one. You can theoretically play with a keyboard, but it is rather cumbersome, and the amount of simultaneous inputs the game sometimes requires might actually be too much for some keyboards.
I don't really like platformers so i don't intend to play it :)
I've decided to finally give Galactic Battlegrounds my full attention, which runs beautifully on my Mac - with Wine after two little tweaks; turns out my own wrapper runs the game better than what's available at paulthetall.com. Anyway, so I only dabbled here and there with the game before, only finishing one campaign as far as I recall. Well, I'm of the mind of playing the whole dang thing now. Yup, I still think it's a better game than the actual AoE line. ... Bring it! =P
Post edited September 30, 2017 by mistermumbles
Went into another forum.
Someone indirectly mentioned GTA 3.

Five minutes later most of the people in here, including myself, were reinstalling it.
Quickly checking out Fear 3. I thought it would struggle a bit on my midrange laptop from around the time the game came out, but it runs surprisingly well. Excellently even.
The Witcher 3.

I waited a while for this one because I wanted to experience it with a high-end PC. Now's the time. Anyone have any tips for maximum enjoyment?
I'm actively playing 'Shovel Knight' and 'The Last Of Us Remastered'. Looking to get the Platinum Trophy for both as I'm playing the first on my PS Vita, and the second on PS4. I've been enjoying trophy hunting recently which is something I'd never tried until recently. Other than that, not really playing anything else. Those two games have me pretty well covered.

Looking to start 'Alice: Madness Returns' soon. I've played it before but I'd like to give it another go through as I really enjoyed it the first time. Also recently played 'Sonic Mania', though the fact that there's no physical release and no DRM free release really pisses me off. I hate buying digital through consoles and I refuse to buy from Steam due to bad experiences with it in the past. Hopefully SEGA will grow up and release a full physical release for this game soon.
Playing the Rise of the Triad reboot is much like playing the Shadow Warrior reboot - a lot of fun and probably more fun than the old game it's based on.

Well, I haven't played the old RotT from 1994 (haven't actually played any game older than Star Wars: Dark Forces from 1995 and played that one a year ago), but the old Shadow Warrior was as mired in old and tedious conventions back then as these more recent console ports are now: Hunted: the Demon's Forge and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I've paused my playthrough of them to play something which *really* feels like a PC game, i.e. RotT.

A big plus is that there are numerous cheats for RotT, something not found in the Shadow Warrior reboot (or in any recent games, console ports or not), which means I can play on something other than Easy without being frustrated about losing too much health when using my preferred reckless run-and-gun playstyle. Currently playing on the highest difficulty, the Ludicrous one.

Now that I have an additional antidote to "console port fatigue", aside from Dishonored, I'll probably be able to get through both of the aforementioned third person action games. They're not bad, just flawed in places that I find hard to tolerate when games like Dishonored and RotT exist.
hurvl: Well, I haven't played the old RotT from 1994 (haven't actually played any game older than Star Wars: Dark Forces from 1995 and played that one a year ago), but the old Shadow Warrior was as mired in old and tedious conventions back then as these more recent console ports are now: Hunted: the Demon's Forge and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I've paused my playthrough of them to play something which *really* feels like a PC game, i.e. RotT.
RotT was a second tier game even in its own time. Doom had already moved the genre forward but RotT was following more in the style of Wolfenstein 3D (which was appropriate since it was originally supposed to be Wolfenstein 2). RotT's gameplay was kind of dull but it compensated with fun features like dual-wielding and God and Dog modes.
Fired up Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice the other night and having a go at that.
After a break from PC gaming I've fired back up Star Wars: X-Wing, Wings! Remastered, and Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum. I am giving my flight stick some love :)