It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been playing Slain: Back From Hell lately. I gather that the initial launch was some kind of disaster but right now this is pretty cool. Just a good action, hack-and-slash game that is like the video game equivalent of a death metal album. When you defeat a boss, you even hit a button and your guy starts windmilling.

Only odd thing about it so far is that the controller defaults are slightly messed up and I had to adjust them to make the weapon selection work properly, but that just means I had to spend a minute in a menu to fix it.
andysheets1975: I've been playing Slain: Back From Hell lately. I gather that the initial launch was some kind of disaster but right now this is pretty cool. Just a good action, hack-and-slash game that is like the video game equivalent of a death metal album. When you defeat a boss, you even hit a button and your guy starts windmilling.

Only odd thing about it so far is that the controller defaults are slightly messed up and I had to adjust them to make the weapon selection work properly, but that just means I had to spend a minute in a menu to fix it.
the game was updated recently? I'm looking forward to playing it
Post edited September 27, 2017 by nicohvc
trying to decide on Redemption or Bloodlines.
andysheets1975: I've been playing Slain: Back From Hell lately. I gather that the initial launch was some kind of disaster but right now this is pretty cool. Just a good action, hack-and-slash game that is like the video game equivalent of a death metal album. When you defeat a boss, you even hit a button and your guy starts windmilling.

nicohvc: the game was updated recently? I'm looking forward to playing it
I'm not sure how recently, but from what I understand it got a proper relaunch a few months after it was released with a ton of bugs. I don't know all the details but it seems like it was constantly crashing in random places, the controls didn't work right, the levels weren't finished, etc. Whatever happened, I'm definitely enjoying it now. A good illustration of why it's better to delay and release something that works vs. releasing something on-time that's only going to piss people off.
tinyE: trying to decide on Redemption or Bloodlines.
Go with Bloodlines; it's a nice Castlevania game with two playable characters that takes you through various historical settings.

The game also has nice music, provided you don't mind the Genesis/Mega Drive soundtrack.

The game also got a nice sequel on the Nintendo DS (Portrait of Ruin), which has the best music out of the DS Castlevanias.

(Yes, I know this probably wasn't the game you were thinking of, but I felt like making this post anyway, and there *is* a vampire to slay.)
dtgreene: Go with Bloodlines; it's a nice Castlevania game with two playable characters that takes you through various historical settings.

The game also has nice music, provided you don't mind the Genesis/Mega Drive soundtrack.

The game also got a nice sequel on the Nintendo DS (Portrait of Ruin), which has the best music out of the DS Castlevanias.

(Yes, I know this probably wasn't the game you were thinking of, but I felt like making this post anyway, and there *is* a vampire to slay.)
Thanks for the input anyway. :P
Post edited September 28, 2017 by tinyE
Not sure about Redemption, but Bloodlines is kind of experience you'll never forget. Even if someone disagree that it's one of the best cRPGs ever, everyone should agree that it's something absolutely unique (regarding setting, mechanics, story and characters).
I'm playing The Flame in the Flood but I don't know if I like it. Most of the game you spend it on a rack and the controls aren't great and sometimes it's buggy :/
Trying out Terror From The Deep with OpenXcom. So far it seems to work very well.
AndreeaB: I'm playing The Flame in the Flood but I don't know if I like it. Most of the game you spend it on a rack and the controls aren't great and sometimes it's buggy :/
Sad to hear that as I have had my eyes on it for a while. If I understood correctly, there are not a whole lot of mechanics to the game so those should be spot on especially if navigating the dangers of the flooded river is a big part of the game.
AndreeaB: I'm playing The Flame in the Flood but I don't know if I like it. Most of the game you spend it on a rack and the controls aren't great and sometimes it's buggy :/
Themken: Sad to hear that as I have had my eyes on it for a while. If I understood correctly, there are not a whole lot of mechanics to the game so those should be spot on especially if navigating the dangers of the flooded river is a big part of the game.
Yeah it was really disappointing to find that out because you have to spend most of the time on the river so you can get to places but the don't work well. I don't have a controller to see if it works better with that but also if i buy a pc game i expect it to work with the keyboard and mouse. And you have to be close to an island for the popup to appear to dock but that too sometimes appears sometimes it doesn't :/ it 's really disappointing since i really wanted to play this game for a long time
Themken: Sad to hear that as I have had my eyes on it for a while. If I understood correctly, there are not a whole lot of mechanics to the game so those should be spot on especially if navigating the dangers of the flooded river is a big part of the game.
AndreeaB: Yeah it was really disappointing to find that out because you have to spend most of the time on the river so you can get to places but the don't work well. I don't have a controller to see if it works better with that but also if i buy a pc game i expect it to work with the keyboard and mouse. And you have to be close to an island for the popup to appear to dock but that too sometimes appears sometimes it doesn't :/ it 's really disappointing since i really wanted to play this game for a long time
If you don't have a controller, I would suggest staying away from Guacamelee!. That game pretty much requires one. You can theoretically play with a keyboard, but it is rather cumbersome, and the amount of simultaneous inputs the game sometimes requires might actually be too much for some keyboards.
AndreeaB: Yeah it was really disappointing to find that out because you have to spend most of the time on the river so you can get to places but the don't work well. I don't have a controller to see if it works better with that but also if i buy a pc game i expect it to work with the keyboard and mouse. And you have to be close to an island for the popup to appear to dock but that too sometimes appears sometimes it doesn't :/ it 's really disappointing since i really wanted to play this game for a long time
dtgreene: If you don't have a controller, I would suggest staying away from Guacamelee!. That game pretty much requires one. You can theoretically play with a keyboard, but it is rather cumbersome, and the amount of simultaneous inputs the game sometimes requires might actually be too much for some keyboards.
THIS
I try to avoid using controllers but Guacamelee without one just isn't worth it.
Leroux: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I just meant to give it a try, I didn't expect at all to enjoy it as much as I do. In fact I probably enjoy it a bit too much, given how much time I spent playing it during the last few days ...
I've been interested in this, but not sure if my pc can run it well. Could you say anything about the requirements?
Mine can run Witcher 3 on 1600x900 without any frame drops at all, but with full hd not.
Is this game about the same regards to W3? I've read the reqs, but was more interested in what someone who actually plays the game feels about it...
Post edited September 29, 2017 by superstande
Leroux: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I just meant to give it a try, I didn't expect at all to enjoy it as much as I do. In fact I probably enjoy it a bit too much, given how much time I spent playing it during the last few days ...
superstande: I've been interested in this, but not sure if my pc can run it well. Could you say anything about the requirements?
Mine can run Witcher 3 on 1600x900 without any frame drops at all, but with full hd not.
Is this game about the same regards to W3? I've read the reqs, but was more interested in what someone who actually plays the game feels about it...
I haven't tried W3, but I was under the impression that W3 is a very demanding game that might not run smoothly on my PC unless I turn down the settings a bit. With Dragon's Dogma, I didn't really think about it, I just played with the default settings and it ran perfectly, I didn't experience any lag whatsoever. My PC is a Intel Core i5-4430 4x3GHz with 8GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce GTX 660, and I run games on Win 8.1 in 1680*1024.

It's a very combat-oriented game that's probably a lot lighter on the RPG elements and story compared to Witcher. I should mention that I play it with a gamepad; not sure how well it works with mouse and keyboard.