It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
IronArcturus: Yeah, it would be great to see Age of Empires 2! It has almost 13,000 votes!
expopower: I went to vote, realized I already had. =D
Would be awesome to get a DRM-free version so I can finally retire my disc copy!
Yeah, GOG really needs to get Microsoft to sign up! Microsoft made a ton of great games like the AoE series, and [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/urban_assault]Urban Assault!
low rated
skinandbones13: GOG should get Anita Sarkeesian to choose some games :-)
I assume that that was meant as a joke, but... I'd actually like to see that. (Despite what some would have us believe, by taking something she said out of context, she does in fact play games).

And now I'll get downvoted too! Yay :-D

deonast: --- Oblivion that is a game I'd like to see on GOG, shame Bethesda hasn't come on board.
From what I hear, Bethesda is busy building their own game client doodad like EA's Origin, so I wouldn't count on it ever happening :-(

H3RB3RTW3ST: "ACTUALLY IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN VIDEO GAMES JOURNALISM"

Biggest fucking joke on the internet.
deonast: Apparently It was originally before extremists on either side got into the act, now it's all just crap with people hating on each other.
No, it wasn't. The part about "ethics in games journalism" was a fig leaf (that's the most concise link I can find ATM, but there's plenty of other evidence out there) to cover up misogynistic attacks on Quinn by 4chan. (And later 8chan, since the early GGers got booted out. Yes, really, they got booted from 4chan.) Others, like TB, bought the fig leaf and really tried to make GamerGate about "ethics," but that's not how it started.

It's also worth pointing out that the very first use of the tag was Adam Baldwin, linking to a video (which, unfortunately, no longer exists, so it's hard to prove at this point) which attacked Quinn with things that were known to be false even at the time.

Honestly, if you want to talk about ethics in games journalism, you really need to start a new hashtag. GamerGate is rotten to the core, and always was.

And now I'm really going to be downvoted.

---------

Edit: I feel I should point out that there are some errors in that article I linked to, but the overall gist is correct (much like Anita's videos, not that anyone bothered to actually watch them before condemning them). I feel I should also point out that there are good people involved in GG, it's not just the harassers.

Also, I emphasized a bit I meant to the first time around, but forgot.
Post edited July 18, 2015 by Nesoo
skinandbones13: GOG should get Anita Sarkeesian to choose some games :-)
Nesoo: I assume that that was meant as a joke, but... I'd actually like to see that. (Despite what some would have us believe, by taking something she said out of context, she does in fact play games).

And now I'll get downvoted too! Yay :-D

deonast: --- Oblivion that is a game I'd like to see on GOG, shame Bethesda hasn't come on board.
Nesoo: From what I hear, Bethesda is busy building their own game client doodad like EA's Origin, so I wouldn't count on it ever happening :-(

deonast: Apparently It was originally before extremists on either side got into the act, now it's all just crap with people hating on each other.
Nesoo: No, it wasn't. The part about "ethics in games journalism" was a fig leaf (that's the most concise link I can find ATM, but there's plenty of other evidence out there) to cover up misogynistic attacks on Quinn by 4chan. (And later 8chan, since the early GGers got booted out. Yes, really, they got booted from 4chan.) Others, like TB, bought the fig leaf and really tried to make GamerGate about "ethics," but that's not how it started.

It's also worth pointing out that the very first use of the tag was Adam Baldwin, linking to a video (which, unfortunately, no longer exists, so it's hard to prove at this point) which attacked Quinn with things that were known to be false even at the time.

Honestly, if you want to talk about ethics in games journalism, you really need to start a new hashtag. GamerGate is rotten to the core, and always was.

And now I'm really going to be downvoted.
I'll take your word for it I'm probably not correct as I've heard everything after the fact I wasn't there from the start only read from news articles and the various comments they perpetuate. So I got the gist and from all the comment storms I see around it I can't see much positive. I think even if you made a new hash tag the same people would continue the babble there.

There are broader issues that we all need to be aware of. Treat people nicely, act honestly, don't lie and finally.

Take a review of recommended games as that. Just a list of games that people might like.

The unforgivable thing that totalbiscuit has done here and should be derided for is that out of all the games on this list I own all except for two and those two are not cheap enough for me yet.

That is a crime and he should be shouted down for it. :)
deonast: The unforgivable thing that totalbiscuit has done here and should be derided for is that out of all the games on this list I own all except for two and those two are not cheap enough for me yet.

Curse you, TotalBiscuit! ;-)
gamefood: Concerning NEXUS: THE JUPITER INCIDENT:

Has it a 'pause & command mode'?
Is there economy/trading in the game?
I think nobody answered these questions yet.

Yes, the game has an active pause, just hit a space key.

No base building, no gathering resources, no economy of any sorts. Also no exploration and no trading. Before missions you get some points to customise equipment of your ships. The game is all about real time battles and tactics (and replaying missions ;) ). I'd say that there isn't an awful lot to micromanage, you don't give orders to hundreds of units. You command a fleet of capital ships, which means that you command a handful of units, you focus on battle and managing subsystems.
high rated
deonast: I'll take your word for it
You really shouldn't. As with anything, look up the source of anything mentioned and make up your own mind aware of the larger context things took place in. Lots of timelines out there link to archived versions of the pages that set the whole thing off, if you need a place to start. I even made one myself that includes historical context as far back as 2007, though i eventually quit updating it. Again, though, all of this stuff should really go into the appropriate thread rather than sidetracking a promo thread just because TB happens to support this-or-that (which undermines his taste in games in the minds of some, apparently?). I'm sure people in the linked thread would be more than happy to provide you with several instances of journalistic impropriety to get you up to speed.
Shadowstalker16: TB's gotta campaign to get AoE2 on here.
IronArcturus: Yeah, it would be great to see Age of Empires 2! It has almost 13,000 votes!
I contacted the guy heading the new expansion team regarding this. He said he'll pass the message along. Its was 4 months ago. He said M$ probably doesn't want to split the community further and the divide was too great already. Kinda filler since AoE2 is discussed on Steam, AocZone, Heavengames, Voobly AND like 10 or more regional language forums.
Shadowstalker16: He said M$ probably doesn't want to split the community further and the divide was too great already.
Sounds reasonable. /s
Shadowstalker16: He said M$ probably doesn't want to split the community further and the divide was too great already.
0Grapher: Sounds reasonable. /s
Exactly. I mean its almost as sensible as peer to peer multiplayer and command lag in menus on AoE2HD. (/s as well)
0Grapher: Sounds reasonable. /s
Shadowstalker16: Exactly. I mean its almost as sensible as peer to peer multiplayer (...) (/s as well)
Why isn't peer-to-peer sensible?
Viper0hr: Not many people glad that GOG actually added games back at discounts due to TBs asking and publicity, no thanks for more chances at good deals...Just bitching and whining about TB and GOG for TB.
You might want to read this thread again, because there a plenty of postings doing exactly that. It's just that the few negative postings stick out more, because they get an emotional reaction from you.

deonast: The unforgivable thing that totalbiscuit has done here and should be derided for is that out of all the games on this list I own all except for two and those two are not cheap enough for me yet.

Well, TB actually only pointed at good games, the discounts came from publishers and developers. So technically they should be shouted at.
Is TotalBiscuit a gamer ?

Really ???
Shadowstalker16: Exactly. I mean its almost as sensible as peer to peer multiplayer (...) (/s as well)
0Grapher: Why isn't peer-to-peer sensible?
I think I meant a different MP system. Anyhoo, 1+ secs of lag ain't good.
low rated
Post edited July 22, 2015 by summitus
0Grapher: Why isn't peer-to-peer sensible?
Shadowstalker16: I think I meant a different MP system. Anyhoo, 1+ secs of lag ain't good.
I'm not exactly an expert either but peer-to-peer doesn't seem so bad to me. Anything that causes 1+ seconds of lag is totally unusable, of course.