It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
Gnostic: When I am younger people tell me playing games is bad because it will mess up studying / working / exercise / social life.

When I am older people tell me playing games is bad because it will mess up my mind with bigotry / discrimination / animal killer / reviewer sucks / and various political reason.
Vainamoinen: Snipped
I tried to make sense of the long post, with all the lengthy wording, it still says this or that game has bad elements because it has [insert political reason].

If there is nothing bad about it, what it is there to criticize?

If so, one must back up one statement with proof, will playing games with such elements suddenly make me a murderer, rapist, criminal? If not what is bad about these elements?

Just like movies, if a game that has violence, sex, drug has a all ages rating instead of 18+ then yes it is bad. If it put up a 18+ rating then what it is to blame?

Or you are saying nothing is bad, but your personal taste does not like it so other people should follow your taste?

Look I don't like horror games, VN click to see next text, sports simulator, gender blender. But I understand elements of these types of games does not appeal to my personal preference, but others may like it. I don't go crazy demanding others to follow my personal taste only.

I don't go to the horror fan and say how stupid he / she is paying good money to scare himself / herself.

I don't go laughing at the VN fans and says it is just click to see the next story, you should get a audio book or watch a movie and save yourself the trouble of clicking.

I don't go to the Sport simulator fans and says they should be playing sports in real life instead.

I don't go to the gender blender fans and say you have weird taste thus your are weird.

I don't go to the Hatred fans and say mindless killing is gross

I don't go to the dating / harem simulator fans and tell them to get a real girlfriend instead

There are hundreds upon hundreds of games out there that fit my taste and I play them.

I like fantasy elements that does not sit well with some people, because magic is satanic.

I like grinding my characters to overpower level but a certain cat thinks grinding should be dead.

I like passing unfair laws to other race and see their reaction but some people think it is discrimination.

I like playing as the evil characters, but some people think evil is bad.

The list go on but I don't go demanding other people to follow my views and those that does not share my views are bad. I just play games I like and leave other in peace, because personal taste does not break the law and not worthy of criticizing.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by Gnostic
Vainamoinen: Snipped
Gnostic: I tried to make sense of the long post, with all the lengthy wording, it still says this or that game has bad elements because it has [insert political reason].

If there is nothing bad about it, what it is there to criticize?

If so, one must back up one statement with proof, will playing games with such elements suddenly make me a murderer, rapist, criminal? If not what is bad about these elements?

Just like movies, if a game that has violence, sex, drug has a all ages rating instead of 18+ then yes it is bad. If it put up a 18+ rating then what it is to blame?

Or you are saying nothing is bad, but your personal taste does not like it so other people should follow your taste?

Look I don't like horror games, VN click to see next text, sports simulator, gender blender. But I understand elements of these types of games does not appeal to my personal preference, but others may like it. I don't go crazy demanding others to follow my personal taste only.

I don't go to the horror fan and say how stupid he / she is paying good money to scare himself / herself.

I don't go laughing at the VN fans and says it is just click to see the next story, you should get a audio book or watch a movie and save yourself the trouble of clicking.

I don't go to the Sport simulator fans and says they should be playing sports in real life instead.

I don't go to the gender blender fans and say you have weird taste thus your are weird.

I don't go to the Hatred fans and say mindless killing is gross

I don't go to the dating / harem simulator fans and tell them to get a real girlfriend instead

There are hundreds upon hundreds of games out there that fit my taste and I play them.

I like fantasy elements that does not sit well with some people, because magic is satanic.

I like grinding my characters to overpower level but a certain cat thinks grinding should be dead.

I like passing unfair laws to other race and see their reaction but some people think it is discrimination.

I like playing as the evil characters, but some people think evil is bad.

The list go on but I don't go demanding other people to follow my views and those that does not share my views are bad. I just play games I like and leave other in peace, because personal taste does not break the law and not worthy of criticizing.
Do not try so hard, your intentions are good and well explained, but some people just pretend that their childish western well living society hobbies become EPIC CAUSES, is both the feeling of being guilty for living without any major problems and at the same time pretend to become a """MATURE element of Society""" TADAAAA!!!.

From see TV, to go jogging, to play videogames (I am included in all this) all these things COULD BE IMPORTANT!! don't you see? IMPORTANT!! and they can ... CHANGGEEEE DA WOOOORRLD, and I can do it comfortable sitting down my arse typing on the internet!!!

it's the child we all should have always inside, fighting with the concept of necesarily be "MATURE" in everything we do... OoOoHHH NOW I AM RESPONSABLE ABOUT GAME INDUSTRY, FINALLY I GROW UP!!! (INCLUDE EPIC BUT AT SAME TIME SILLY DRAMATIC MUSIC HERE)

Some people just do not know how to cope with fun... everything need to be a "Cause" or a "Task" , Twitter is VERY important tool to change the world... VERY! I CANCOMUNICAEETE WIETH EVERRRYWANN come on, I can do this FROM MY SOFA WITH MY POOOOOOWEERFFUUUCLLL iPAD!

Because Pixels...
Post edited July 23, 2015 by YaTEdiGo
Grargar: Don't forget the part about having your fragile young mind protected from the evil murder simulators.
BillyMaysFan59: Posts of the year.
Thank you for being from the united states and actually having a funny bone. I was seriously contemplating hermitage,,
phaolo: But.. you were angry with him for various reasons and called everyone sycophant... then you watched 1 game review and totally changed idea?
Modifying opinion is nothing wrong (expecially if a bit extreme and faulty), but so fast and for these reasons... is.. let's say absurd!
summitus: I know it seems crazy , I just don't know, a kinda wave came over me and was hating myself. And finding out how much shit the guy has been through[url= https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/enough ] https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/enough [/url], made me feel even worse :(

I guess Karma will deal with me at some point ... and I can have no complaints.
I know how you feel. I've been a fiery radical, in the past, and then found myself eating crow, on some level,. Shit, we're all human, with failings and successes to mix and match, We all love games. I do. You do. Our differences make us unique. Let's love the games we love and give each other the quarter we deserve, and have some blasted fun! It's why we got interested in this life in the first place!
Post edited July 23, 2015 by pokowalczky
We're here to love games, not each other, but if we wind up loving each other, that's wonderful. We sorta should love each other on some fundamental level. As not only a species, but as Earthlings, we and all our animal brothers and sisters like to enjoy life. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Let's not worry about the trolls, sourpusses or any who would deter us from enjoying the one thing that brought us here. Games. The love of solving puzzles, of living through immersion, of loving art, and fun, and investigation and rewarding intrigues. It transcends politics, nations, religions, divisive intrigues and any other dopey crap. We are individuals. We are gamers. No one speaks for us. No one is forbidden from being themselves. And if they are? That is wrong. We will laugh, cry, strategize, smile, disappear into our worlds and emerge again as ourselves, as friends, together, with our differences as badges of our individuality and our love of games as a uniting force. You can call me naïve. If so, I still call you friend. Because other than that, we'd be enemies, and what the hell does that accomplish?

It's easy to get worked up. It's easy to fall into anger and alienation. But the fruits of that anger and easiness are bitter and hard to share with others. At our core, we are all people. Relatively decent people at that. There are VERY few bad people in this world. We don't have that power. You folks, on GOG, are wonderful people, who each deserve to pat yourselves on the back and feel good about being alive in your time. As a community, I am proud to count myself among you. I have enjoyed games for three decades. This place gives us a garden with plentiful trees to pluck. Enjoy the fruits and continue being good people. Continue being the best that not only the internet, but also the world, has to offer.

No division should get in the way of our love for games. I cannot be any more earnest.
pokowalczky:
Where the hell in your post is the drama and moral outrage! Are you new to the internet? If you want to keep posting you're going to have to try a lot harder than that.

Seriously though, +1 for a nice post!
pokowalczky: We're here to love games, not each other, but if we wind up loving each other, that's wonderful.
Thanks for your post. It's one of the most well-written comments I've ever read in this forum.
pokowalczky:
groundhog42: Where the hell in your post is the drama and moral outrage! Are you new to the internet? If you want to keep posting you're going to have to try a lot harder than that.

Seriously though, +1 for a nice post!
Hah! Right? I guess I sowed those wild oats back in the days of Prodigy. I'm too old and tired for the ding-blamed drama. I totally know how passion gets people all fired up...but the same people who fight like cats and dogs on the 'net would perhaps meet in person and become good buddies when they discover they both have a love of games, or scifi or horror flicks, or literature or whatnot.

Dammit, I'll bring civility and bridge-building back to the world, even if I have to die, trying! I'm a grizzled old salt! We're gonna make these folks play nice!
pokowalczky: We're here to love games, not each other, but if we wind up loving each other, that's wonderful.
Accatone: Thanks for your post. It's one of the most well-written comments I've ever read in this forum.
No, my friend. Thank YOU. This community is wonderful and it's all of us being here that makes it so. I respect this site. I am thankful for this site and I truly enjoy the postings of the other people here. Remember the Insomnia sale, last fall? That was so cool. Everyone was so helpful to each other, buying and trading games for other members as they took shifts, sleeping. People were posting lists of whatever games had already come to pass in the sale, for those who missed them. It was true community. It was, as Louis Armstrong once sang, "friends shaking hands, saying 'how do you do?'" That's what the world needs! I like it here. I like the people. I want them to feel good about being themselves, because they are good folks. That sort of thing is what the world needs now, in my humble opinion.
phaolo: But.. you were angry with him for various reasons and called everyone sycophant... then you watched 1 game review and totally changed idea?
Modifying opinion is nothing wrong (expecially if a bit extreme and faulty), but so fast and for these reasons... is.. let's say absurd!
summitus: I know it seems crazy , I just don't know, a kinda wave came over me and was hating myself. And finding out how much shit the guy has been through[url= https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/enough ] https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/enough [/url], made me feel even worse :(

Aw heck. Happens to the best of us. No sweat. So...what games do you recommend? I'm always open to suggestions!
pokowalczky: We're here to love games, not each other, but if we wind up loving each other, that's wonderful. We sorta should love each other on some fundamental level. As not only a species, but as Earthlings, we and all our animal brothers and sisters like to enjoy life. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Let's not worry about the trolls, sourpusses or any who would deter us from enjoying the one thing that brought us here. Games. The love of solving puzzles, of living through immersion, of loving art, and fun, and investigation and rewarding intrigues. It transcends politics, nations, religions, divisive intrigues and any other dopey crap. We are individuals. We are gamers. No one speaks for us. No one is forbidden from being themselves. And if they are? That is wrong. We will laugh, cry, strategize, smile, disappear into our worlds and emerge again as ourselves, as friends, together, with our differences as badges of our individuality and our love of games as a uniting force. You can call me naïve. If so, I still call you friend. Because other than that, we'd be enemies, and what the hell does that accomplish?

It's easy to get worked up. It's easy to fall into anger and alienation. But the fruits of that anger and easiness are bitter and hard to share with others. At our core, we are all people. Relatively decent people at that. There are VERY few bad people in this world. We don't have that power. You folks, on GOG, are wonderful people, who each deserve to pat yourselves on the back and feel good about being alive in your time. As a community, I am proud to count myself among you. I have enjoyed games for three decades. This place gives us a garden with plentiful trees to pluck. Enjoy the fruits and continue being good people. Continue being the best that not only the internet, but also the world, has to offer.

No division should get in the way of our love for games. I cannot be any more earnest.
Hugs

Lets talk about games.

I am somewhat disappointed with Red Alert 3 & Uprising. What game can cure my disappointment?

Grey Goo? Distant World? Endless Legend?

Or should I try something else like Front Mission Evolved?
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Gnostic
I hope all these games run at 60fps.

pokowalczky: Aw heck. Happens to the best of us. No sweat. So...what games do you recommend? I'm always open to suggestions!
Hey thanks for the kind words ... I can recommend what I am playing at the moment which is Secrets of Grindea , It's an early access game but it ticks so many boxes for me, Imagine if you put Zelda, Secret of Mana, Pokémon an Arena shooter any number of CRPG's and a Trading card game, stuck em in a Blender , I think that the best way to describe it. As far as GOG games go I wouldn't know where to Start , there are so many awesome games to choose from.

I will put forward, Master of Magic , Fantasy General and the Fallout series as three of my all time faves tho , plus they really are Good old games !

Update, just bought Pax Imperia and will be buying Shadow of the Comet shortly :)
pokowalczky: Aw heck. Happens to the best of us. No sweat. So...what games do you recommend? I'm always open to suggestions!
summitus: Hey thanks for the kind words ... I can recommend what I am playing at the moment which is Secrets of Grindea , It's an early access game but it ticks so many boxes for me, Imagine if you put Zelda, Secret of Mana, Pokémon an Arena shooter any number of CRPG's and a Trading card game, stuck em in a Blender , I think that the best way to describe it. As far as GOG games go I wouldn't know where to Start , there are so many awesome games to choose from.

I will put forward, Master of Magic , Fantasy General and the Fallout series as three of my all time faves tho , plus they really are Good old games !

Update, just bought Pax Imperia and will be buying Shadow of the Comet shortly :)
Thanks! I just put Master of Magic and Fantasy General in my wishlist. Pax Imperia looks really impressive, as well.

I'm not as well-versed in strategy games as I probably should be. I've been an adventure game addict for some time, so I can say that I found Shadow of the Comet to be really neat! The interface was rather baffling to me, at times, but overall I very much enjoyed the game. A fun early Lovecraft-inspired game. I haven't yet played Prisoner of Ice, but that's next on my purchase list.

I love all the old horror-themed adventure games, even when they frustrate me. I will say that I feel lovecraftian themes and imagry seemed to benefit best from their PC game interpretations, rather than their cinematic ones.