It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
high rated
Fesin: I once had a lot of respect for the GOG community, and considered it the prime example of a good internet forum and discussion culture. I dunno when that changed - was it the whole Gamergate fiasco? The Witcher 3 release? tinyE joining*? Or even earlier? No idea, but it's really sad to see what became of this once respectable gaming community. Now it has become a cesspool like the rest of the internet.

* I'm joking! I love the guy, seriously.
It's true that things have... deteriorated of late. I myself encountered some very unpleasant proof of that first hand. But I still think that despite such instances this forum and this community stands head and shoulders above most of the Internet. Just recently in some "witcher is the best game ever" bait thread someone remarked how anywhere else it would have turned into a flame war, but here everyone was just having fun joking around. The people here are still incredibly generous, with giveaways and some surprise gifts, even despite any scammers that appear, almost to the point of people being afraid to mention they wishlisted something, as it could result in someone buying it for them out of the blue :) And even when I had some very unpleasant experience with some trolls and bullies, I would also find some friendly, smart person to stand by me.

Things are far from perfect, but it's still a great community. It's just a little battered-up after all the changes
skinandbones13: GOG should get Anita Sarkeesian to choose some games :-)
She's far too busy playing Hitman.
deshadow52: That magazine sounds amazing by the way. Sounds like it was really creative and better than most gaming mags we had here in NA.
Oh, it was. You could tell that it was run by educated, well read, but also very fun people, who appreciated games as entertainment, but also saw them as whole new medium, that would one day stand next to movies and literature.

And they had a nack for finding talented people. It was in that magazine that a guy who would one day become one of the most famous polish comics book authors first published his works, as a student, which produced such wonders as Alien vs The Moomins (no english version unfortunately).
Breja: Things are far from perfect, but it's still a great community. It's just a little battered-up after all the changes
Yeah, I do agree with that. I might just be a bit disillusioned, and yeah, things still work out better than most places. I just think we shouldn't compare ourselves to the rest of the internet and say "We're still better than them!" - The GOG community should hold itself to higher standards than this.

But you're right, I might have been rather harsh with my judgment in the previous post. It's just that this thread is really a rather sad example of how things have deteriorated.
I liked you're first post here, where you mentioned that you're not a fan of TotalBiscuit, but still remained respectful and contributed to the topic in a meaningful way. That's really all I ask, I don't want any of this internet drama bullshit.
RayRay13000: Surprisingly more entertaining than the original Hatred.

I don't even care about TotalBiscuit, but man this thread is something else.
I'd say theres way more real hatred here than in the original. I'll happily stick to my popcorn here tho, I think 'the triggered' are doing so much more on their own.

Not sure if it's on topic or off topic seeing where's this thing going, but is this the highest 'legit' Pillars discount? Been debating on that thing for a while now...
high rated
summitus: Oh please ... just fuck off will you ?
Fesin: Perfect example of what Viper0hr was talking about. Sure, go on and insult somebody who calls for mutual respect. Great job!

I once had a lot of respect for the GOG community, and considered it the prime example of a good internet forum and discussion culture. I dunno when that changed - was it the whole Gamergate fiasco? The Witcher 3 release? tinyE joining*? Or even earlier? No idea, but it's really sad to see what became of this once respectable gaming community. Now it has become a cesspool like the rest of the internet.

* I'm joking! I love the guy, seriously.
It's really strange but I have found that as internet forums grow the quality decreases, it's an inverse relationship. I remember back on the Path of Exile forums in closed beta it was the best forum I had ever been on, everyone was very nice and always up for discussion.

But then the game got big and the forums got worse and worse. My only explanation is that in the beginning everyone on those forums was there because they loved the game, it was a niche product so we had to band together to help each other out. As it grew people who didn't really love the game started ruining the discussion.

I suppose a similar thing could be here, never in my life would I have expected to come to GOG and read trash about Gamergate, console games, pitchforking and allegations. And my assumption is that these people don't actually love GOG or maybe even games, because if they did why aren't we talking about the games?
Thanks for the recommendations and the discounts. :)
dannaz423: It's really strange but I have found that as internet forums grow the quality decreases, it's an inverse relationship. I remember back on the Path of Exile forums in closed beta it was the best forum I had ever been on, everyone was very nice and always up for discussion.

But then the game got big and the forums got worse and worse. My only explanation is that in the beginning everyone on those forums was there because they loved the game, it was a niche product so we had to band together to help each other out. As it grew people who didn't really love the game started ruining the discussion.

I suppose a similar thing could be here, never in my life would I have expected to come to GOG and read trash about Gamergate, console games, pitchforking and allegations. And my assumption is that these people don't actually love GOG or maybe even games, because if they did why aren't we talking about the games?
Yeah, I agree that's probably the reason. Although that doesn't quite explain why people who have been registered since 2010 or earlier are ruining the forum culture. Maybe, when the general quality goes down, they start showing their true faces?
Every time someone recommends Riddick, I consider reinstalling it and trying to see what they see in it. Then I remember the abysmal save situation and talk myself out of it, assuming that their love of the game is based on the original release and not the gimped version present in Athena. I wonder if that's the case with TB's recommendation, too?

Primo_Victoria: Why do people hate TB? lmao
They're jealous of his glorious accent. I am, too. Alas, when I try to replicate it in my everyday life, I instead come off sounding as a drunken pirate.
well, that's fucking huge list. what's the extra discount for actually buying all 30+ of them?

and damn derailers, man. can't these people stay in their containment topics?
I like TB,not as much as LGR,Jim Sterling or NerdCubed but he makes some great and clever statements.
Fesin: I liked you're first post here, where you mentioned that you're not a fan of TotalBiscuit, but still remained respectful and contributed to the topic in a meaningful way. That's really all I ask, I don't want any of this internet drama bullshit.
I'm just amazed at how much of this drama is there, and people who seem to have devoted so much time to following it, and now perpetuating it. When I said I don't like TB all I meant was that I don't really like his videos, (and something about his personality rubs me the wrong way, but it's purly subjective and irrational which I readily admit). I had no idea about any of this... shit, that seems to emerge from the netherrealms of the internet.

Fesin: Yeah, I agree that's probably the reason. Although that doesn't quite explain why people who have been registered since 2010 or earlier are ruining the forum culture. Maybe, when the general quality goes down, they start showing their true faces?
Some people feel that such "seniority" gives them authority, or power. And power corrupts. People in senior grade tend to look down on the juniors. People who were fans of something "before it became popular" look down on new fans. So on and so on.
Post edited July 18, 2015 by Breja
Breja: that seems to emerge from the netherrealms of the internet.
I know right? Not that the Outworld is any bett... wait, what were you talking about?
Just subscribed to TotalBiscuit's channel. Haven't watched his videos nearly as much as LGR, but I still think he's very good and professional at what he does. There may be a few times when I disagree with what he says but he's obviously very passionate about the subject (video games, obviously) and that's good enough for me.

I'll be honest, I also don't see any problems with having this promo..... well okay, except for the bitching, that's starting to get old.
BillyMaysFan59: Just subscribed to TotalBiscuit's channel. Haven't watched his videos nearly as much as LGR, but I still think he's very good and professional at what he does. There may be a few times when I disagree with what he says but he's obviously very passionate about the subject (video games, obviously) and that's good enough for me.

I'll be honest, I also don't see any problems with having this promo..... well okay, except for the bitching, that's starting to get old.
I really don't want him to become "PC mustard race". I like TB,been subscribed on his channel for 3 years but I always have a fear that him,LGR and other PC centric critics start to publicly defame consoles.Nothing personal against him,I like him very much but that's just a little fear that I have.
Anyway,the bitching has gotten out of hand.God knows what'll happen if PewDiePie or Markplier are picked next.