It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
low rated
summitus: Yeah ... and look, you speak the truth and sycophantic fuckers down vote you en mass ... they are pathetic ;)
deonast: They are probably sick of the bullshit that you and sadly I am perpetuating which means little to most who just want to buy and play good games.

So lets all shut that Gate and get back to games. I know I have a few (read 100s) still to play.
Indeed. No to Gamergate. Yes to Baldur's Gate.
EckoShy: ...I'm gonna HAVE to ask you to explain this one to me.
Starmaker: Are you serious? Consoles are a textbook case of defective by design.
I am serious, but it would seem you're not. I asked you to explain an outlandish statement like "Consoles are DRM" and instead of explaining that you link me to a webpage. A webpage which does not even mention consoles anywhere on it's front page.

I'm still waiting on an honest explanation for how consoles are DRM. Because the consoles I'm familiar with do not have limited installs, do not require CD key's, do not require me to log in anywhere before I can play my games, or make me have a constant internet connection to work.

In other words, there is nothing stopping me from playing my console games any time I want and there is no restriction on how I play them. Hence, I fail to see where the DRM accusation has any legitimacy.
Breja: Yes end no. The basics of travelling on the map, the battles and magic are all very much like HoMM. But there is no town building, and you only have onr hero. Outside of battles it's more like lite RPG than strategy.
Thanks =)

I dunno, I like the town building element in the HoMM games, and I still want to keep my resolve to not buy more games for a while, so I think I'll pass.
BillyMaysFan59: How are the King's Bounty games? Are they similar to the Heroes of Might and Magic series in gameplay?
IMHO, one of the best TBTRPG (turn-based tactical RPG) series ever. The similarity to HOMM begins and ends in the battles (hex battlefield, stacks of units, hero not a unit but casts spells). Everything else is quite different and for me much better in KB series (no town building, one hero that continues throughout the game, one huge map to travel through not a sequence of individual "missions"). Mind you, these are huge games (many tens of hours each), so it's primarily a question of whether you like turn-based tactical RPGs or not.
Fesin: That's a completely baseless accusation without any evidence to support it.

"If the Islamic State would recommend video games on GOG.com, Anita Sarkeesian would love that and become the wife of an Jihadist. She's such a hypocrite." See? I too can pull out accusations out of my ass. Proof? Overrated.
Except that it is a fact, a vocal enough population do not like Anita Sarkeesian, no? And an unfortunate side of human nature, is that people tend to be a tad biased against those they do not favor. What is "okay" for someone they'd like, is now suddenly "unacceptable" for others that they don't. The same goes for anything, not just about this. Even though I don't fancy such behavior, I have to admit, as a human I'm certainly not immune to it either.
BillyMaysFan59: Thanks =)

I dunno, I like the town building element in the HoMM games, and I still want to keep my resolve to not buy more games for a while, so I think I'll pass.
Well, Legend, the first one in the series, is cheap as dirt right now, so you might give it a try and not risk much.
I see what you did there! :) Allow me to correct your corrections of my corrections:

-I doubt Eador Genesis can usurp Heroes of Might & Magic 3 as a core essential in its category. HoMM3 still holds the pole position there so having Eador Genesis on the list would be a slight redundancy if one were to stick to core essentials.

-Call to Power 2 is a very solid game but definitely doesn't have the mojo to usurp Colonization in its category, again this is assuming one wants a list with core essentials and little to no redundancy. Colonization and Alpha Centauri are different enough in terms of setting so having both games on the list would be reasonable.

-Galactic Civilizations 1 can't usurp Master of Orion 2

-Settlers 2 Gold: Yes, this is one that I almost added but it's one of my personal top favorites of all time with an incredibly high level of nostalgia involved so I decided not to include it since I'm not able to rate this game in an objective manner. A definite list would only need one Settlers game though and Settlers 2 is arguably the best candidate for the position.

-Battle Worlds: Kronos I still haven't finished the game, got bored after a couple levels so I can't objectively compare it to anything in a conclusive manner. What I can say so far is that in my personal opinion the game doesn't shine enough in any category to make its way on a definite list of core essentials. It's a solid game but I can tell you that it will never be a must-have classic.
BillyMaysFan59: Thanks =)

Breja: Well, Legend, the first one in the series, is cheap as dirt right now, so you might give it a try and not risk much.
I'll think about it.....
low rated
I will not buy anything from Gog.com until this promotion is over.
EckoShy: snip
Consoles are pre-manufactured computers that have a console-specific operating system installed.
Normally you are not allowed to install another OS on these machines and the companies do what they can to prevent that.
Not only that but you also can't install the console-specific OS on any other computer.
That means you are always required to use a machine built by the console company if you want to play a console game.

Console games are thus made for some of the least open systems which is not really what you would want.

I assume that I've forgotten to mention some of the most important points but maybe this is what Starmaker was hinting at.
He never made the point that console games are known for their DRM-software. What he said is that the consoles themselves are a sort of DRM which you could probably call hardware-DRM. :)
emlurker: I will not buy anything from Gog.com until this promotion is over.
Is this an attempt to make a fool of yourself? If so, you would be more successful if you threatened GOG with losing you as a customer. :)
Post edited July 18, 2015 by 0Grapher
Hey, have "Don't Starve" devs ever added some form of automation & safe zone to the game, or is it still grindy & hardcore?
I miss the expansion, but it seems super difficult O_o'
Post edited July 18, 2015 by phaolo
If you guys don't mind,I'll sweep away some of the salt.THis amount of salt is bad for your blood pressure.
l0rdtr3k: If you guys don't mind,I'll sweep away some of the salt.THis amount of salt is bad for your blood pressure.
Careful, salt is probably deadly to blobs!
Post edited July 18, 2015 by phaolo
phaolo: Careful, salt is probably deadly to blobs!
I'm in a little robot.So I'm safe.
l0rdtr3k: If you guys don't mind,I'll sweep away some of the salt.THis amount of salt is bad for your blood pressure.
phaolo: Careful, salt is probably deadly to blobs!
Everyone knows that the only thing capable of harming a blob is the cold.
At warmer temperatures, it creeps
And leaps and glides and slides
Across the floor
Right through the door
And all around the wall
A splotch, a blotch
Be careful of the Blob.