It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
NoNewTaleToTell: Words...
TotalBiscuit: Gimmicky? Character based? We don't have a gimmick or a character on the channel. Strange attitude. Also saying I have no original ideas then admitting you don't watch the videos in the first place is a little silly, don't you think?
I didn't say that I had never seen your videos, I just don't watch your videos anymore or hang around your subreddit. Either way, good list of games and welcome to the forums, just your being here should attract new members and that's always a positive thing.
Has anyone tried that Act of War game yet? I bought the game and installed it, but it keeps returning these "There is no disk in the drive" errors. Does anyone know how to fix this?
TotalBiscuit: I've been promoting GOG since 2008, I've maintained the most popular GoGmix on the site since then and I work directly with them on a professional basis producing content for them as well as regularly streaming on their channel, with the largest audience.
Are you referring to this list here?
--> https://www.gog.com/mix/totalbiscuits_definitive_list_of_strategy_games
(the only one I could find)

You did include Sacrifice which means that you appear to understand the local culture around here (local culture = not disrespecting Licurg's loving affections for Sacrifice)

Here are some core essentials that I couldn't find on your list but are great games and not to be missed:

- &amp; [url=http://www.gog.com/game/imperialism_2_the_age_of_exploration]Imperialism 2
-Sid Meier's Colonization
-Jagged Alliance 2
-Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
-King of Dragon Pass

skinandbones13: GOG should get Anita Sarkeesian to choose some games :-)
Judging by her curated list of games on Steam, she seems unaware of the existence of the many games that do actually fit her criteria of having female protagonists that aren't half naked and don't need to be saved by horrible oppressor males all the time. Here are just a few examples of games that are both on GOG and on Steam but not on her list:

King's Quest IV
King's Quest VII
The Longest Journey
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Syberia 1 & 2
Still Life 1 & 2
Dracula 4 & 5
Blackwell series
The Cat Lady
A New Beginning
Memoria
Cognition

Here on GOG, we even have a number of games that Steam doesn't have, e.g. The Legend of Kyrandia Book 2: Hand of Fate. She might get offended though because at one point in the game, the main character Zanthia changes from a long dress into a tank top and hotpants. According to Zanthia's own words it's for practical purposes due to rough terrain but depending on who you ask, it is sexual objectification of women and therefor racist. Also, Zanthia can magically change her outfit in a second so she can impossibly be a good role model to young girls who can't magically change in a second and would therefor feel diminished in their self worth.
whorrak: Echoing others in this thread, I'm disappointed that GOG would feature/promote TB. If this is the type of individual that GOG wants to pseudo-endorse, I question doing any future business here. :(
Come on people if you are going to say this negative, stuff back it up with a solid reason or you will find people just down voting you into oblivion.

--- Oblivion that is a game I'd like to see on GOG, shame Bethesda hasn't come on board.
TotalBiscuit: You'll probably be disappointed. People that post things like that rarely have any evidence to back up their extremist claims.
TheCheese33: Oh, I don't, TB?

How about the time you called someone a "f*ggot," then refused to apologize for your homophobic comment because it "nicely encapsulates" your target? http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lgmn1/what_actually_happened_in_that_charity_stream_chat/
I was about to plus you since you gave reasons then I read the link and it seems you feel calling someone faggot is a greater problem then stealing from the sick and disadvantaged and I have to wonder, if you are putting your personal hate above reason.

Not a great word but really have you heard it used about gay / homosexual people recently. As far as I'm concerned it has moved on from that. Words change over time. Gay used to mean happy.

As for your other points I don't know, your first one lost me.

As for gamer gate it seems there are extremists on either side of the argument. Middle of the road would be nice.

Why am I commenting, I feel more and more these days we resort to negative attacks then constructive posts in comments. We all have bias some more than others.
Starmaker: First, consoles are DRM.
EckoShy: ...I'm gonna HAVE to ask you to explain this one to me.
Are you serious? Consoles are a textbook case of defective by design.
TotalBiscuit: I've been promoting GOG since 2008, I've maintained the most popular GoGmix on the site since then and I work directly with them on a professional basis producing content for them as well as regularly streaming on their channel, with the largest audience.
awalterj: Are you referring to this list here?
--> https://www.gog.com/mix/totalbiscuits_definitive_list_of_strategy_games
(the only one I could find)

You did include Sacrifice which means that you appear to understand the local culture around here (local culture = not disrespecting Licurg's loving affections for Sacrifice)

Here are some core essentials that I couldn't find on your list but are great games and not to be missed:

- &amp; [url=http://www.gog.com/game/imperialism_2_the_age_of_exploration]Imperialism 2
-Sid Meier's Colonization
-Jagged Alliance 2
-Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
-King of Dragon Pass

skinandbones13: GOG should get Anita Sarkeesian to choose some games :-)
awalterj: Judging by her curated list of games on Steam, she seems unaware of the existence of the many games that do actually fit her criteria of having female protagonists that aren't half naked and don't need to be saved by horrible oppressor males all the time. Here are just a few examples of games that are both on GOG and on Steam but not on her list:

King's Quest IV
King's Quest VII
The Longest Journey
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Syberia 1 & 2
Still Life 1 & 2
Dracula 4 & 5
Blackwell series
The Cat Lady
A New Beginning
Memoria
Cognition

Here on GOG, we even have a number of games that Steam doesn't have, e.g. The Legend of Kyrandia Book 2: Hand of Fate. She might get offended though because at one point in the game, the main character Zanthia changes from a long dress into a tank top and hotpants. According to Zanthia's own words it's for practical purposes due to rough terrain but depending on who you ask, it is sexual objectification of women and therefor racist. Also, Zanthia can magically change her outfit in a second so she can impossibly be a good role model to young girls who can't magically change in a second and would therefor feel diminished in their self worth.
Are you sure this is what she is thinking?

[citation needed]

I'm not a fan of Anita's videos but I just thought it would be interesting to see what videos she choose as she is also a YouTuber who people "love or hate".
Post edited July 18, 2015 by skinandbones13
TotalBiscuit: Belief that a pursuit of journalistic ethics and repeated condemnation of harassment is somehow "being part of a hategroup" is deluded.
H3RB3RTW3ST: "ACTUALLY IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN VIDEO GAMES JOURNALISM"

Biggest fucking joke on the internet.
Apparently It was originally before extremists on either side got into the act, now it's all just crap with people hating on each other.

TB and everyone else should just not comment on this shit any more. Lets all filter the keyword SJW or gamergate and just auto delete the comments and we can all move on :)

But having recently seem the forum of a computer magazine / gaming site where the author / mod changed the words of comment posts to "highlight the person was a homophobe" only it turns out they misunderstood, as the commenter was in fact homosexual. They still saw no ethical problem with their actions.

I think there are still ethics issues with some game journalists out there. It was an article about gamergate too because that journalist couldn't stop pounding on it either.

I now longer post on the comments there since I realised that diguis postings can be changed by site mods (not just deleted or blocked). No way I want my words being changed and throwing me in a poor light.

I can probably do that myself well enough :)
Post edited July 18, 2015 by deonast
high rated
Regarding Anita Sarkeesian's curator list, it is interesting to note that a couple of the games on it--Gravity Ghost and Thomas Was Alone--are also recommended by TotalBiscuit. Funny how it's possible for people with different viewpoints to agree on something. It's almost like people are complicated.
On the larger issue of TotalBiscuit in general: I watch a lot of his videos. I consider him entertaining and intelligent. I appreciate his advocacy for developers making the most of the PC platform, e.g. 60 FPS gaming (though I don't understand his obsession with looking for sub-par textures). That said, I think it was a mistake for him to associate with gamergate, since the whole movement has become such a cesspool. He also sometimes can be rather thin-skinned in his response to criticism. In other words, he's a mixture of good and bad, like literally everyone else on the planet. I can point out his flaws, but I have my own flaws. So do you, whoever you are that is reading this. Some people may be better examples than others, but the distance between the best person in the world and perfect goodness is vast.
So what this whole thing comes down to is whether TotalBiscuit's opinion on video games is worth listening to. I think it is. If you don't, then ignore his advice. If you think he's a terrible person, you are free to say it, but too many of those (not all) attacking TotalBiscuit seem to have a very high opinion of their own righteousness, and seem to think anyone who associates with him is committing thought crimes. That is a dangerous path to travel.
+1 to King of Dragon Pass making it on TB's GOGmix. That game is downright brilliant.

bvguthrie: since the whole movement has become such a cesspool.
Eh, I don't know about that. Many have gone the easy route and only focused on the other side's crazies, which makes it seem like the whole thing is fraught with insanity and ugliness, but there have also been some downright civil exchanges in this forum's dedicated GG thread (which is probably where all this talk should be in the first place—no need to bring up something so hotly-disputed in places where it doesn't belong). I've personally had some good back-and-forth with htown and fever despite agreeing with them on almost nothing. Much respect for them.
skinandbones13: I'm sorry, you can feel you can speak on behalf of this person because...? And even, if by coincidence this is Anita;s exact thoughts on these games this would also exclude her from GOG because...?
Simply pointing out that if she can't curate a comprehensive list on Steam then there's no point in her curating a list here, either. Ironically, curating a proper list (with all the titles that fit her criteria) would effectively make her primary narrative less valid because it would show that there already is a ton of variety with plenty of games for all tastes including plenty of games that are perfectly acceptable to her subjective preferences.

In general, we don't categorically exclude anyone here unless they flat-out refuse to buy Sacrifice, other than that GOG is a free country.

Anyway, I'd prefer a recommendations list from someone who actually hangs out and interacts on the GOG forums, someone like Enebias, Leroux or the near-omniscient Ghorpm for example. Either way, a sale is a sale and reduced prices are reduced prices so anyone seeing games from their own wishlists on sale can be happy regardless of why the game in question is on sale. For all I care, Don't Starve can go on sale on World Hunger Day, Wasteland can go on sale on Earth Day and Frogger can go on sale on Save the Frogs Day. I'm patiently awaiting Hillary Clinton's birthday so I can finally add Escape Goat 2 to my collection.
TB's gotta campaign to get AoE2 on here.
Love the sale, with some good stuff in it... Sadly I have most of it on Steam, but Sea dogs might be worth a look.
Shadowstalker16: TB's gotta campaign to get AoE2 on here.
Yeah, it would be great to see Age of Empires 2! It has almost 13,000 votes!
Shadowstalker16: TB's gotta campaign to get AoE2 on here.
IronArcturus: Yeah, it would be great to see Age of Empires 2! It has almost 13,000 votes!
I went to vote, realized I already had. =D
Would be awesome to get a DRM-free version so I can finally retire my disc copy!