It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tannath: In my book, that would be just plain rude. ;)
I totally agree, but many people do it anyway far too often. I never really understood that. When I see something lengthy that I don't personally care to read I just skip over it silently and move on, possibly thinking nothing about it, or possibly thinking "I'm not the intended reader, but it might benefit someone else" and move on. Not everyone thinks that way though apparently. :)
skeletonbow: When I see something lengthy that I don't personally care to read I just skip over it silently and move on, possibly thinking nothing about it, or possibly thinking "I'm not the intended reader, but it might benefit someone else" and move on.
Exactly.
Jagger2k7: I've had this post bookmarked for the same reason, I think it's what you're looking for?

Edit: Ah, I missed that Grargar beat me to it. :)
Ah, sweet! Thanks! Going through the list and comparing it to my files and the following seem to be bogus and can be deleted:

Desperados
Disciples II
Heroes 4
Knights and Merchants
Two Worlds
KKND1
Mob Rule

That freed up a couple gigs of well needed space. I've got about 12-15 more games with pre-bundle to post-bundle file discrepancies left now, mostly manuals, MP3 soundtracks, artwork differences. Need to dig into them a bit more to see if I can figure out if they've renamed or whatnot, but the FLAC OSTs are mostly taken care of now at least.
skeletonbow: Ah, sweet! Thanks! Going through the list and comparing it to my files and the following seem to be bogus and can be deleted:

Desperados
Disciples II
Heroes 4
Knights and Merchants
Two Worlds
KKND1
Mob Rule

That freed up a couple gigs of well needed space. I've got about 12-15 more games with pre-bundle to post-bundle file discrepancies left now, mostly manuals, MP3 soundtracks, artwork differences. Need to dig into them a bit more to see if I can figure out if they've renamed or whatnot, but the FLAC OSTs are mostly taken care of now at least.
Update:

What's funny... is that a few posts down past Judas' post about these is me thanking him for posting that and keeping the quality of things up... but I neglected to go delete the offending files in my local stash and then forgot about it. LOL
Tannath: In my book, that would be just plain rude. ;)
skeletonbow: I totally agree, but many people do it anyway far too often. I never really understood that. When I see something lengthy that I don't personally care to read I just skip over it silently and move on, possibly thinking nothing about it, or possibly thinking "I'm not the intended reader, but it might benefit someone else" and move on. Not everyone thinks that way though apparently. :)
I try to be polite to both writers and readers, so the only time I use "TL;DR" is followed by a colon, at the top of my blog posts, to provide a synopsis and/or link for people wandering in off Google who don't want the whole story, just the solution to the problem we both encountered.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by ssokolow
high rated
OK, I still wouldn't dare to call it even an alpha, but my script is already reliable enough as to produce some usable outputs. There's still a long way to go, like e.g. automating the posting process (which I'll investigate come next Monday, but not before I solve the price updates part), so any feedback will be highly appreciated.

What follows are the new updates ever since mrkgnao left. Or at least these are the ones I've been able to detect thanks to the data MaGoG's still collecting and mrkgnao's enormous and patient help.

It looks like the forum just won't swallow the whole text in one go, and I'm not sure about the max character count allowed per post, so I'm gonna experiment a bit until I find it. I'm probably going to break the forum in the process... here I go.

---------------------------

A game has probably been added: GUN™

A game has probably been added: Stories: The Path of Destinies - Artbook [DLC]

A game has probably been added: On Rusty Trails

A game has probably been added: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Outlaw Sectors [DLC]

A game has probably been added: Stories: The Path of Destinies - Original Soundtrack [DLC]

A game has probably been added: Lost Sea [Upcoming]

This War of Mine: The Little Ones [DLC] has probably changed

>>> Game title changed FROM This War of Mine: The Little Ones [Upcoming] [DLC] TO This War of Mine: The Little Ones [DLC]

>>> Supported languages changed FROM Text only: Brazilian-Portuguese, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Turkish TO Text only: Brazilian-Portuguese, Chinese, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Turkish

>>> Features changed FROM Single-player TO Single-player, Achievements

>>> Bonuses changed FROM TO wallpaper

(Many more updates still coming...)
Post edited June 25, 2016 by muntdefems
high rated

Two Worlds Epic Edition has probably changed

>>> Game title changed FROM Two Worlds TO Two Worlds Epic Edition

>>> Supported OS changed FROM Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) TO Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) and Mac OS X (10.11.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04)

>>> System requirements for Linux changed FROM TO Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 or newer, Processor: Dual Core CPU 2.0 GHz, Memory: 1 GB, Graphics: GeForce FX 6, 7 and 8 series, AMD/ATI Radeon X-series with Shader 2.0b support, Hard Drive: 6 GB Free Space, Sound: Any, Mouse & Keyboard, Requires the following packages to be installed: Wine and dependencies, Notice: The Linux version comes with a 32-bit binary only. This is a Wine game and requires your local Wine package in order to play, Recommended system requirements: Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 or newer, Processor: Intel/AMD Multicore CPU, Memory: 2 GB, Graphics: with Per-Pixel-Shader 3.0 support, Hard Drive: 7 GB Free Space, Sound: 5.1, Mouse & Keyboard, Requires the following packages to be installed: Wine and dependencies, Notice: The Linux version comes with a 32-bit binary only. This is a Wine game and requires your local Wine package in order to play

>>> System requirements for OS X changed FROM TO OS X 10.11 or later, Processor: Intel Mac Core Core CPU, Memory: 1 GB, Graphics: GeForce FX 6, 7 and 8 series, AMD/ATI Radeon X-series with Shader 2.0b support, Hard Drive: 6 GB Free Space, Sound: Any, Keyboard & Mouse, Recommended system requirements: OS X 10.11 or later, Processor: Intel Mac Quad Core CPU, Memory: 2 GB, Graphics: with Per-Pixel-Shader 3.0 support, Hard Drive: 7 GB Free Space, Sound: 5.1, Mouse & Keyboard

>>> Supported languages changed FROM Audio and text: English, Russian TO Audio and text: German, English, French, Russian. Text only: Czech, Spanish, Italian, Polish

>>> Compatibility changed FROM Please be advised that Windows 10 operating system will receive frequent hardware driver and software updates following its release; this may affect game compatibility TO Please be advised that Windows 10 operating system will receive frequent hardware driver and software updates following its release; this may affect game compatibility, Multiplayer notice: In order to access the multiplayer portion of the game, you must first enter your unique CD-key via the in-game interface. Your CD-key is located on your game shelf.

>>> Features changed FROM Single-player, Co-op, Controller support TO Single-player, Multi-player, Co-op, Controller support

[File updates]

* File added: Linux installer, English --- File name: gog_two_worlds_epic_edition_2.0.0.2.sh --- File size: 4.4 GB --- Date: Thu 09 Jun 2016 17:52:03 GMT --- Version: 1.7 (gog-2)

[Same for other languages]

* File added: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name: two_worlds_epic_edition_2.0.0.4.pkg --- File size: 4.0 GB --- Date: Tue 21 Jun 2016 13:52:04 GMT --- Version: 1.7 (gog-4)

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- File name: setup_two_worlds_epic_edition_2.2.0.23.exe --- File size: 31.9 MB --- Date: Tue 21 Jun 2016 13:52:37 GMT --- Version: 1.7 (gog-23)

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- File name: setup_two_worlds_epic_edition_2.2.0.23-1.bin --- File size: 3.7 GB --- Date: Tue 21 Jun 2016 14:04:31 GMT --- Version: 1.7 (gog-23)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 4)

* File changed: Windows installer, Russian (part 1 of 2) --- File name FROM setup_two_worlds_russian_2.1.0.21.exe TO setup_two_worlds_epic_edition_russian_2.2.0.23.exe --- File size FROM 33.3 MB TO 31.9 MB --- Date FROM Mon 28 Mar 2016 21:19:48 GMT TO Tue 21 Jun 2016 13:53:56 GMT --- Version FROM 1.7 (gog-21) TO 1.7 (gog-23)

* File changed: Windows installer, Russian (part 2 of 2) --- File name FROM setup_two_worlds_russian_2.1.0.21-1.bin TO setup_two_worlds_epic_edition_russian_2.2.0.23-1.bin --- File size FROM 3.6 GB TO 3.8 GB --- Date FROM Mon 28 Mar 2016 21:28:06 GMT TO Tue 21 Jun 2016 14:05:51 GMT --- Version FROM 1.7 (gog-21) TO 1.7 (gog-23)

[Changelog ADDED]

Patch 1.7 (22 June 2016)

- We have added the Mac & Linux versions of Two Worlds Epic Edition to everyone's accounts.
- We have added support for the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Czech.

Defender's Quest has probably changed

[File updates]

* File changed: Linux installer, English+Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Russian+Spanish --- File name FROM gog_defender_s_quest_2.1.0.2.sh TO gog_defender_s_quest_2.3.0.4.sh --- File size FROM 263.3 MB TO 263.6 MB --- Date FROM Mon 20 Jun 2016 15:55:45 GMT TO Fri 24 Jun 2016 16:31:45 GMT --- Version FROM 2.0.2a (gog-2) TO 2.0.4c (gog-4)

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English+Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Russian+Spanish --- File name FROM defenders_quest_2.4.0.35.pkg TO defenders_quest_2.5.0.39.pkg --- File size FROM 245.9 MB TO 246.0 MB --- Date FROM Mon 20 Jun 2016 15:55:32 GMT TO Fri 24 Jun 2016 16:31:19 GMT --- Version FROM 2.0.2a (gog-35) TO 2.0.4c (gog-39)

* File changed: Windows installer, English+Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Russian+Spanish --- File name FROM setup_defenders_quest_2.14.0.21.exe TO setup_defenders_quest_2.16.0.23.exe --- File size FROM 321.5 MB TO 247.4 MB --- Date FROM Mon 20 Jun 2016 16:05:40 GMT TO Fri 24 Jun 2016 16:31:02 GMT --- Version FROM 2.0.2a (gog-21) TO 2.0.4c (gog-23)

[Changelog UPDATED]

Patch 2.0.4c (24 June 2016)

- Fixed major memory leaks in battle
- Fix jumbled spells in "sorceress" sidequests
- Fixed false New Game+ message when getting the alternate ending
- Added renderer information to title screen (left side)
- Fixed crash on late-game NG+ boss battle in the Spanish localization
- Added Windows XP support (GL build)

Patch 2.0.3a (23 June 2016)
2.0.3a:

- Optimized tooltips (shouldn't cause a pause when drawing anymore)
- Optimized healer (square) range previews with the same trick
- Optimized circular range previews
- Optimized menu health bars on the side panels
- Optimized status effects & AOE attack effect sprites
- Optimized collision logic

2.0.3:
Achievements:

- Fix wrong 100% progress indicator on locked achievements
- Fix the false achievements for equipment related stuff
- Added ability to undo achievements one by one (hover on the achievement icon in the achievement menu, then click the X) in case you want to reset one b/c of the previous bug
- Fixed some issues with paths & saving related to achievements

Performance:

- Made battles a lot faster and use less memory (as far as I can tell)

Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition [Premium] has probably changed

>>> Game title changed FROM Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition TO Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition [Premium]

Dreamfall Chapters has probably changed

[File updates]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English+French+German --- File name FROM dreamfall_chapters_2.14.0.27.pkg TO dreamfall_chapters_2.15.0.28.pkg --- File size FROM 9.5 GB TO 9.5 GB --- Date FROM Mon 20 Jun 2016 15:36:06 GMT TO Wed 22 Jun 2016 14:44:42 GMT --- Version FROM 5.0.4 (gog-27) TO 5.1.1 (gog-28)

[Changelog UPDATED]

Update (22 June 2016)

- Updated the offline Mac version of the game to version 5.1.1. This update is also available via Galaxy.

Post edited June 25, 2016 by muntdefems
muntdefems: *snip*
Not bad at all! Thank you for taking up mrkgnao's mantle of Update Grandmaster seeing as how gog is unwilling to it. :P
Ugh, this is gonna take forever... It seems like the maximum length for a post is 8K-something chars so I'd need at least 11 or 12 posts. I don't have 110 or 120 minutes to paste everything so I'm going to bed now and I'll continue tomorrow afternoon (Western European time).

Night! ^_^
muntdefems: OK, I still wouldn't dare to call it even an alpha, but my script is already reliable enough as to produce some usable outputs. There's still a long way to go, like e.g. automating the posting process (which I'll investigate come next Monday, but not before I solve the price updates part), so any feedback will be highly appreciated.

What follows are the new updates ever since mrkgnao left. Or at least these are the ones I've been able to detect thanks to the data MaGoG's still collecting and mrkgnao's enormous and patient help.

It looks like the forum just won't swallow the whole text in one go, and I'm not sure about the max character count allowed per post, so I'm gonna experiment a bit until I find it. I'm probably going to break the forum in the process... here I go.
I'd like to chime in to offer my sincere appreciation for you taking on this huge task and taking the baton from mrkgnao. I'm sure it will be a lot of work, but the community is sure to be quite grateful!
muntdefems: ---------------------------

Two Worlds Epic Edition has probably changed

>>> Game title changed FROM Two Worlds TO Two Worlds Epic Edition
If that's a free game edition upgrade that's pretty cool. :) Hope it isn't just a store title change as I'm wasting network BW to download it. :)

It is a new version of the installer though so it appears legit. Did not get a GOG notification nor anything on Galaxy though which is disconcerting to say the least over what is arguably a non-trivial game update, so glad to have this information here for sure.

While perusing my prior archives of this game I note that there is a file that used to be present which is now missing, namely:

two_worlds_Artworks.zip - 21MB

That was from the version of the game present prior to when GOG did the great unbundling. A newer version of the game I previously downloaded at a later date no longer has this file present in the bonus extras, instead a different file with a similar name is present apparently in its place:

two_worlds_Art.zip - 16MB

Looking inside both files shows the difference to be that the original file above contained a subdirectory named "sketches" which is not present in the latter file. It appears however that they added a new file also named:

two_worlds_sketches.zip - 52MB

I presume that they acquired a larger archive of sketches for the game that included the previous ones and decided to split it out into a separate archive, however I do not have all of the files from the original backup still around for comparisons. Upon investigating both files it appears that the images from the Artworks.zip sketches subdirectory actually do not seem to be present in the newer larger 52MB file however, which suggests that images got lost during a previous transition.

Anyone know anything about this? If GOG no longer has the original file that contains the images that appear to no longer be present, I can email a copy of them back to GOG.
skeletonbow: If that's a free game edition upgrade that's pretty cool. :) Hope it isn't just a store title change as I'm wasting network BW to download it. :)
Don't bother wasting your bandwidth. The game was already the Epic Edition. It's just now that GOG named it properly.

Of course, you might be interested in trying out the recently-released Linux build, but there is no need to redownload the Windows version.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: Don't bother wasting your bandwidth. The game was already the Epic Edition. It's just now that GOG named it properly.

Of course, you might be interested in trying out the recently-released Linux build, but there is no need to redownload the Windows version.
Already downloaded it, but the version of the files was quite newer than what I had. Not sure if the delta between the two builds contained anything worthwhile or not but my last download was dated Jan 31, 2016 version setup_two_worlds_2.0.0.16.exe @ 3.8GB and the new build is setup_two_worlds_epic_edition_2.2.0.23.exe @ a slightly larger 3.8GB.

In hindsight, I should have waited until July to download it to avoid further pushing my luck for going over cap this month but it's all history now. :)
Thank you, muntdefems, for posting this detailed updates; nicely done.

skeletonbow: [...] Did not get a GOG notification nor anything on Galaxy though which is disconcerting to say the least over what is arguably a non-trivial game update, so glad to have this information here for sure.

[...]
The update (and changelog) is from June 22. It was posted here, and added to the game forum.

Are you sure you didn't get an update notification about it? Because I did, and so did others.
HypersomniacLive: Thank you, muntdefems, for posting this detailed updates; nicely done.

The update (and changelog) is from June 22. It was posted here, and added to the game forum.

Are you sure you didn't get an update notification about it? Because I did, and so did others.
No notification, found it here in this thread first, went into Galaxy to compare the version with what I last downloaded and found out it was newer plus the name change so I downloaded it via Galaxy.

tinyE: I've had Two Worlds here for a long time now and never played it.

Wonder why.
I'm going to guess that you're patiently waiting for Three Worlds to come out and then buy the boxed set of the Quintology!
Post edited June 25, 2016 by skeletonbow