It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mk47at: I'm using difflib.unified_diff to compare the two files, add the results to different lists and sort them by id.
Thanks for the suggestion! At first sight it certainly looks like unified_diff can help me do what I want. I'll give it a go. :)

And thanks for your code too! I guess I'll take a couple of ideas from it in order to optimize and further 'pythonize' my script... :P
Thanks for the updates!
muntdefems: Lumo has probably changed

>>> Supported OS changed FROM Windows (7, 8, 10) and Mac OS X (10.9.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04) TO Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)

[File updates]

* File added: Patch 1.06.21 [Linux] --- File size: 3.0 MB --- Version: 1.06.21 (gog-3)

* File added: Patch 1.06.21 [Windows] --- File size: 4.0 MB --- Version: 1.06.21 (gog-3)

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- File name has not changed --- No change in size --- Date has not changed --- Version FROM 1.05.11 (gog-1) TO 1.06.21 (gog-2)

[Same for other languages]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name has not changed --- No change in size --- Date has not changed --- Version FROM 1.05.11 (gog-1) TO 1.06.21 (gog-2)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name has not changed --- No change in size --- Date has not changed --- Version FROM 1.05.11 (gog-2) TO 1.06.21 (gog-3)

[Changelog ADDED]

Patch 1.06.21 (22 June 2016)

- Update to Redefine Controls UI so show default bindings
- Updated Japanese localisation
- Added option to hold shift during game launch to bring up options dialog (allows play to select which monitor to run the game on)
- Fix for a possible lock when jumping on the 'boing gun'
- Fix for broken collision in the kitchen
- Fix for missing collision on the way to CSEC4 Map room
- Reduced trigger area over Ice Puzzle button
- Fix for highlight around collectable items in the book not switching off under rare circumstance
This can't be right.
JudasIscariot: snip
Judas, can you check this? The removal of Mac and Linux support seems like a mistake. The Deluxe Edition still lists them though.
Post edited June 26, 2016 by Tannath
Tannath: This can't be right.
Judas, can you check this? The removal of Mac and Linux support seems like a mistake. The Deluxe Edition still lists them though.
Judas isn't there for two weeks unfortunately ;) (but with chance, Thiev or another blue will be able to take a look at it ?)
skeletonbow: If that's a free game edition upgrade that's pretty cool. :) Hope it isn't just a store title change as I'm wasting network BW to download it. :)
As mentonned by Gragar it's just GOG who renamed the name in the library.

But for the explanation : i got the boxed copy of the game long ago , and those added dlc were proposed freely. (it was a huge patch at this time ;) )
Post edited June 26, 2016 by DyNaer
Splatsch: Judas isn't there for two weeks unfortunately ;) (but with chance, Thiev or another blue will be able to take a look at it ?)
Yeah, I know, but he's always lurking around the forums.

But yeah, if any other blue can look into this it would be great.
Tannath: Yeah, I know, but he's always lurking around the forums.

But yeah, if any other blue can look into this it would be great.
Oh, I preferred to be sure you knew he may not be here and so take care of what you were your asking ;)
Likely isn't. Based on past history it's a semi-common game page bug.
high rated
Gydion: Likely isn't. Based on past history it's a semi-common game page bug.
Yeah, looks like they wanted to add XP and Vista to the list of supported OSs, but they accidentally removed OS X and Linux. They'll probably fix it soon...

New update! (from MaGog's DB, for the 26th of June):

---------------------------

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: DLC: Blood and Wine: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- File name has not changed --- File size FROM 918.2 KB TO 918.2 KB --- Date FROM Wed 15 Jun 2016 08:18:13 GMT TO Mon 20 Jun 2016 12:11:42 GMT --- Version has not changed

* File changed: DLC: Blood and Wine: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- File name has not changed --- File size FROM 4.0 GB TO 4.0 GB --- Date FROM Wed 15 Jun 2016 08:23:23 GMT TO Mon 20 Jun 2016 12:15:13 GMT --- Version has not changed

* File changed: DLC: Blood and Wine: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- File name has not changed --- File size FROM 3.0 GB TO 3.0 GB --- Date FROM Wed 15 Jun 2016 08:21:42 GMT TO Mon 20 Jun 2016 12:13:20 GMT --- Version has not changed

* File changed: DLC: Hearts of Stone: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- File name has not changed --- File size FROM 918.5 KB TO 918.1 KB --- Date FROM Wed 15 Jun 2016 08:18:02 GMT TO Mon 20 Jun 2016 12:11:12 GMT --- Version has not changed

* File changed: DLC: Hearts of Stone: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- File name has not changed --- File size FROM 4.0 GB TO 4.0 GB --- Date FROM Wed 15 Jun 2016 08:23:03 GMT TO Mon 20 Jun 2016 12:14:56 GMT --- Version has not changed

* File changed: DLC: Hearts of Stone: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- File name has not changed --- File size FROM 269.4 MB TO 269.4 MB --- Date FROM Wed 15 Jun 2016 08:18:13 GMT TO Mon 20 Jun 2016 12:11:20 GMT --- Version has not changed

[NO CHANGELOG]

(Note that those files do seem to have actually changed, as their sizes differ by a few bytes.)

PS: BTW, I've finally solved the problem of highlighting differences between two strings! In the end I only needed difflib.Differ, but with a lot of nasty if's and elif's to cover all possible cases. We'll see it in action in the next batch of updates that include anything other than changelog and file updates. :)
Splatsch: Judas isn't there for two weeks unfortunately ;) (but with chance, Thiev or another blue will be able to take a look at it ?)
Knowing Judas even though officially he is not here he will still be here pretty often :)
He has been here.

But then again, maybe he only replies in threads that bear his name in the title. :P
mk47at: I'm using difflib.unified_diff to compare the two files, add the results to different lists and sort them by id.
muntdefems: Thanks for the suggestion! At first sight it certainly looks like unified_diff can help me do what I want. I'll give it a go. :)

And thanks for your code too! I guess I'll take a couple of ideas from it in order to optimize and further 'pythonize' my script... :P
Might you be willing to let me play around with your script and some of the data you used to generate the updates so far? My main areas of expertise are UI/UX design and Python and I'd like to experiment with the output it currently generates to see if I can make it easier for people to skim-read it for relevant information.
ssokolow: Might you be willing to let me play around with your script and some of the data you used to generate the updates so far? My main areas of expertise are UI/UX design and Python and I'd like to experiment with the output it currently generates to see if I can make it easier for people to skim-read it for relevant information.
That would be a really valuable contribution.

The folks who have the technical know-how to extract all this useful data often don't prioritise the presentation, or appreciate what is useful for the less technically-oriented (which is fine, and we wouldn't have the data at all without their good work).
Post edited June 26, 2016 by mvscot
They already fixed it. :)

Lumo has probably changed

>>> Supported OS changed FROM Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) TO Windows (7, 8, 10) and Mac OS X (10.9.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04)

And it looks like the XP and Vista support was not true after all (logical, considering this is a newly released game).
From MaGog's logs for 27 June:

Darkest Dungeon has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Patch 14017 (gog-16) [Mac OS X]

[NO CHANGELOG]