It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm: It's distorted here too (GTX 750Ti, driver version 375.26)
I narrowed it down to CSMT. Without CSMT only the text is messed up, but with CSMT the whole screen is distorted. So it must be a Wine issue.

Is the text in the menu distorted for you without CSMT too? See here for a screenshot. That's without CSMT. With CSMT I get this mess.
shmerl: I narrowed it down to CSMT. Without CSMT only the text is messed up, but with CSMT the whole screen is distorted. So it must be a Wine issue.

Is the text in the menu distorted for you without CSMT too? See here for a screenshot. That's without CSMT. With CSMT I get this mess.
Mostly the same here - with CSMT it's completely messed up, without CSMT the menu text & logos render fine but occasionally everything else is black. Either way it's still completely unplayable atm, with or without CSMT :p
adamhm: Mostly the same here - with CSMT it's completely messed up, without CSMT the menu text & logos render fine but occasionally everything else is black.
So that distorted text (without CSMT) could be Mesa specific then.

adamhm: Either way it's still completely unplayable atm, with or without CSMT :p
Right, but I got a free key from someone, to help testing it in Wine periodically (I wouldn't buy it myself otherwise). So I don't mind reporting bugs that are already visible, including ones for Mesa. The sooner they are reported, the more time there will be for developers to work on them :)
Post edited January 17, 2017 by shmerl
rampancy: snip...
Perhaps I was just being dense, but thanks.
thomq: What about this other post in the same forum about recompressing the videos? Is that approach legit?
Presumably, for what it is. Wine has additional problems with the game besides just the videos. It's possible some of that improved recently. I will be surprised if it's playable as, AFAIK, the issues were not diagnosed.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by Gydion
FYI: Looks like recent Mesa git + Wine staging fixed the texture corruption that periodically used to happen in Two Worlds for me with radeonsi.
Post edited January 23, 2017 by shmerl
it's not much but with wine 2.0rc6-staging banished goes ingame using DX11, http://i.imgur.com/scWLTqh.jpg

unfortunately it's super-slow on my pc, it crawls along at about 8-10fps.
Tropico 5 is also playable with wine 2.0rc6-staging: https://www.reddit.com/r/wine_gaming/comments/5phiel/tropico_5_dx11_game_is_playable_with_winestaging/
Post edited January 23, 2017 by te_lanus
king_mosiah: Does 'Shantae and the Pirate's Curse' work?
This has improved with staging 2.0-rc6 (no CSMT): Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.
wine 2.0 haz been released officially
te_lanus: wine 2.0 haz been released officially
Hopefully the freeze is now over, and Wine will start getting massive patches for DX11 support ;)
Is Wine 2.x.x going to be considered a stable release like 1.8.x, or a development release like 1.9.x?
rampancy: Is Wine 2.x.x going to be considered a stable release like 1.8.x, or a development release like 1.9.x?
They seem to have abandoned that scheme for a new scheme:
Starting with 2.0, version numbering will change: stable release updates will follow the existing scheme: 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, etc. but the development branch will drop the intermediate number: the releases will be numbered 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. leading to the next stable release, which will be called 3.0.
so 2.0.1 will be the next stable, and 2.1 would be the next dev branch, which I find a bit strange, since 2.2 sounds a lot newer that 2.0.3
te_lanus: so 2.0.1 will be the next stable, and 2.1 would be the next dev branch, which I find a bit strange, since 2.2 sounds a lot newer that 2.0.3
Yeah... that really sounds dumb. :D
te_lanus: They seem to have abandoned that scheme for a new scheme:

Starting with 2.0, version numbering will change: stable release updates will follow the existing scheme: 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, etc. but the development branch will drop the intermediate number: the releases will be numbered 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. leading to the next stable release, which will be called 3.0.
te_lanus: so 2.0.1 will be the next stable, and 2.1 would be the next dev branch, which I find a bit strange, since 2.2 sounds a lot newer that 2.0.3
Erm, okay, so just to get this straight in my head: All of the stable releases will be 2.0.x, while the development releases will be any 2.x.x releases above 2.0.x?

It'll take some getting used to, but it wouldn't that confusing. I think. For your example above, 2.2 really would be newer than 2.0.3, since the latter would be a stable realse.
JudasIscariot: ...
Gydion: Can you confirm this Caladrius Blaze result? Is it the same engine as Raiden IV and does it work in Wine?
I just updated to Wine 2.0 since the code freeze is done and I made a fresh prefix, installed the game, and ran it.

So far I am getting a black screen after the initial logo splash screen. I can hear sound, interact with the menu (I can tell I am doing something since I get audio cues when I move something around) so, for me, Caladrius Blaze does not work in Wine properly.

edit: I just checked Raiden IV and it no longer works in the latest Wine version. I am running a regression test now and hopefully the 1.9 series of Wine will actually build because Wine 1.7.24 keeps bugging out on me when I try to compile it.
Post edited January 25, 2017 by JudasIscariot