It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brainzyy: Btw, the claim that DirectX11 support will not come to macOS is not valid. Codeweavers has never claimed that. They said it will be DELAYED. They are waiting for a new big Metal update. Feral Interactive is waiting for that as well to finish their port of the new Deus Ex game for macOS.

EDIT: I could be wrong, so please don't quote me on this :p But this is how I interpreted everything I've read so far. (Codeweavers initially said that 64bit support wasn't coming to macOS either, but that happened anyway)
They said, MacOS users are out of luck. And I doubt they are going to spend time on using non portable APIs like Metal.

See https://www.winehq.org//wwn/404

An open issue with anything newer than Direct3D9 is that wined3d still depends on legacy OpenGL 2 features and many drivers do not expose some features necessary for d3d10/11 in legacy contexts. With the MaxVersionGL key set wined3d will request a core context, but certain blitting corner cases are still broken. Mesa and the Nvidia binary driver mostly work. On MacOS you are most likely out of luck.
They don't elaborate here, but the reason is clear - MacOS doesn't support OpenGL features needed for implementing DX11.
Post edited December 25, 2016 by shmerl
Does 'Shantae and the Pirate's Curse' work?
rampancy: Game: Corsairs Gold

The only problem lies with the intro cutscene. From the log, it seems like installing .NET or Mono might help; I tried installing .NET 2.0 in Winetricks and it resulted in a black screen with cutscene audio playing.
The intro played for me in 1.9.0 (staging) on Linux. I had nothing else installed but l3codecx for some other game. I also did not have quartz/devenum installed. Unfortunately the game runs too slow on integrated intel graphics for me, too.
rampancy: What you could try doing is run the installer with the /debug flag, which IIRC skips the installation of game dependencies.
How can I do this? I need an instruction. ;)
Do you use the stable release, which is already more than 3 years old, or a more recent version from the git repository?

vanchann: I've tried it. It runs fine on Linux/wine-devel out of the box. Even the installation completes without the usual errors.

The only problem l've encountered was that the character's portrait on creation was not shown, so I cannot customize the appearance. The character doll in game is shown though. So not a real problem, but I don't know if eventually other issues will appear.
I've found a demo and have tried that under Wine. It works, but also has this issue.

So far I'm not sure if this is a game for me. I like the graphics and atmosphere, but the controls are quite frustrating. Has the Linux engine the same controls or have they been improved?
igrok: The intro played for me in 1.9.0 (staging) on Linux. I had nothing else installed but l3codecx for some other game. I also did not have quartz/devenum installed. Unfortunately the game runs too slow on integrated intel graphics for me, too.
Huh, really? It sounds like it may rely on Indeo Video then. I really didn't think of that from looking at my Wine log, but I'll update my entry to reflect that. While devenum and quartz aren't necessary to get the game running, I found I experienced random freezes when navigating the main menu.

Brainzyy: ...
shmerl: ...
I wouldn't put it past the people at Codeweavers for coming up with a way to kludge some kind of solution to enable DX11 compatibility (in at least a limited form), but I'm certainly not holding my breath. As a Mac gamer who's been on the Mac for many, many years this state of affairs comes as absolutely no surprise to me (though it's still disappointing nevertheless).

rampancy: What you could try doing is run the installer with the /debug flag, which IIRC skips the installation of game dependencies.
Silverhawk170485: How can I do this? I need an instruction. ;)
First, I'd encourage you to run the installer again and just leave it to do its thing. If it actually does hang near the end for several hours, you can try to run the installer in debug mode and see afterwards what dependencies the game needs...

If you are on Wineskin:
- Go to ~/Applications/Wineskin/YourWindowsGame
- Control-click/Right-click on your game and select "Show Package Contents"
- Go to the Wineskin app
- In Wineskin, go to Advanced > Configuration
- in Windows EXE, browse to the location of the installer
- in EXE flags, enter "/debug /nogui" (without the quotes)

If you are on CrossOver:
- Go to CrossOver > Bottle > Run Command...
- Under "Command:", browse to the location of the installer and add at the end: /debug /nogui

Hope that helps!
Post edited December 26, 2016 by rampancy
Silverhawk170485: How can I do this? I need an instruction. ;)
rampancy: First, I'd encourage you to run the installer again and just leave it to do its thing. If it actually does hang near the end for several hours, you can try to run the installer in debug mode and see afterwards what dependencies the game needs...

If you are on Wineskin:
- Go to ~/Applications/Wineskin/YourWindowsGame
- Control-click/Right-click on your game and select "Show Package Contents"
- Go to the Wineskin app
- In Wineskin, go to Advanced > Configuration
- in Windows EXE, browse to the location of the installer
- in EXE flags, enter "/debug /nogui" (without the quotes)

If you are on CrossOver:
- Go to CrossOver > Bottle > Run Command...
- Under "Command:", browse to the location of the installer and add at the end: /debug /nogui

Hope that helps!
Thanks I'm going to try this out.
rampancy: Huh, really? It sounds like it may rely on Indeo Video then.
No, I had this codec for another game, it's not used by Corsairs. I checked and the intro video plays properly in a clean wine prefix, but produces many fixme messages. After overriding quartz, I also have no video in the intro.
eiii: I've found a demo and have tried that under Wine. It works, but also has this issue.

So far I'm not sure if this is a game for me. I like the graphics and atmosphere, but the controls are quite frustrating. Has the Linux engine the same controls or have they been improved?
The controls are the same. I think you will get used to them after a few hours, if that's the only problem.
You can try Arx Libertatis with the demo too.
rampancy: Huh, really? It sounds like it may rely on Indeo Video then.
igrok: No, I had this codec for another game, it's not used by Corsairs. I checked and the intro video plays properly in a clean wine prefix, but produces many fixme messages. After overriding quartz, I also have no video in the intro.
Ah, I see. It's likely an OS X-specific issue then.
shmerl: ...
rampancy: I wouldn't put it past the people at Codeweavers for coming up with a way to kludge some kind of solution to enable DX11 compatibility (in at least a limited form), but I'm certainly not holding my breath. As a Mac gamer who's been on the Mac for many, many years this state of affairs comes as absolutely no surprise to me (though it's still disappointing nevertheless).
The same was said for any kind of 64bit support on macOS. I'm pretty sure they will figure out a way eventually. It could just take a while.
It seems that there is a new WINE Staging package called Wine Staging Nine. It's pretty much the same as Staging but has a new feature which lets you toggle use a patch made by Gallium_Nine for better D3D9 graphics performance.

So far I have found out in ArchLinux.
Post edited December 27, 2016 by Spy_Gentleman
That's not a new package, wine-staging with Gallium Nine exists for over two years now... it's essentially pushing the D3D9 calls directly to the GPU, without translating them to OpenGL first.
Spy_Gentleman: It seems that there is a new WINE Staging package called Wine Staging Nine. It's pretty much the same as Staging but has a new feature which lets you toggle use a patch made by Gallium_Nine for better D3D9 graphics performance.

So far I have found out in ArchLinux.
Yeah basically that got moved from the AUR to the official repos :)

Also, does Gallium work for AMD users only or can Nvidia users take advantage of it as well?
JudasIscariot: Also, does Gallium work for AMD users only or can Nvidia users take advantage of it as well?
I think Gallium 9 should work for any Gallium based driver. But since Nouveau can't have full performance mode because of no reclocking, it's not that useful for Nvidia anyway.
Post edited December 28, 2016 by shmerl