It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The source code of the game Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy has been released a while ago, resulting in a project called OpenJK, which aims to accomplish a more stable experience, among other things.
It also introduces a native Linux version of the game. I had to tweak it a bit to get it to run perfectly, is this something that could/should be posted here?
Ganni1987: it can run DX11 games (BioShock Infinite is a good example of this).
They didn't manage to run The Witcher 3 however...
Ganni1987: it can run DX11 games (BioShock Infinite is a good example of this).
shmerl: They didn't manage to run The Witcher 3 however...
Did VP actually try? I never read anything about W3 with eOn.
Ganni1987: Did VP actually try? I never read anything about W3 with eOn.
We don't have any info, but I don't see why CDPR couldn't have asked them to try it. When they were "exploring" ways to release TW3 for Linux, VP surely were one of the options, and CDPR already had a working relationship with them. So I can only assume, that technical problems were too hard to overcome.
Post edited January 10, 2017 by shmerl
Urnoev: The source code of the game Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy has been released a while ago, resulting in a project called OpenJK, which aims to accomplish a more stable experience, among other things.
It also introduces a native Linux version of the game. I had to tweak it a bit to get it to run perfectly, is this something that could/should be posted here?
Sure, see UT entries (native), Quake, etc. That is along with a Wine test. The only other thing with a source port is whether or not it's complete. A number of them are playable, but have known bugs or unimplemented things vs original game. I would still mention it just note that along with it.
Post edited January 09, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: Sure, see UT entries (native), Quake, etc. That is along with a Wine test. The only other thing with a source port is whether or not it's complete. A number of them are playable, but have known bugs or unimplemented things vs original game. I would still mention it just note that along with it.
Well, the port runs perfect, so I obviously didn't try any Wine stuff. It is complete too, although multiplayer is primarily focused, every part of the game runs. So, there really is no point in using Wine.
Urnoev: Well, GOG offers a Linux version of The Witcher 2... which is just using a Wine wrapper, if I'm not mistaken.
eON wrapper actually Ganni1987 already mentioned :)
Post edited January 09, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Urnoev: Well, the port runs perfect, so I obviously didn't try any Wine stuff. It is complete too, although multiplayer is primarily focused, every part of the game runs. So, there really is no point in using Wine.
Then it's simply OT. This thread's about Wine related things. ;) Might want to post it in the game sub-forum if there's not a thread about it already.
Ignition works perfectly with Wine, the install files are in the game.gog file.
te_lanus: Ignition works perfectly with Wine, the install files are in the game.gog file.
I'm somewhat confused; are the non-Windows versions of Ignition offered as Wine-wrapped Windows .exes, or DOSBox-wrapped DOS .exes with optional Windows apps?
rampancy: I'm somewhat confused; are the non-Windows versions of Ignition offered as Wine-wrapped Windows .exes, or DOSBox-wrapped DOS .exes with optional Windows apps?
it's a dosbox game, but the CD is also included, and on the CD is the setup and files needed for Ignition to work. the menu renders at 320x200, but you can set the graphicks at 800x600. Have not tried nglide
Attachments:
rampancy: I'm somewhat confused; are the non-Windows versions of Ignition offered as Wine-wrapped Windows .exes, or DOSBox-wrapped DOS .exes with optional Windows apps?
te_lanus: it's a dosbox game, but the CD is also included, and on the CD is the setup and files needed for Ignition to work. the menu renders at 320x200, but you can set the graphicks at 800x600. Have not tried nglide
Oh, I see...fascinating. But, is there any reason to run the Windows version of the game vs. the DOS version?
Game: Tachyon - The Fringe
Installer MD5: 029881e7ad8f6c862cf4bdc5dc17a723
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10576&iTestingId=20063
CodeWeavers link: n/a
Distro: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (64-bit)
Kernel version: Build 10K549
Graphics card: GMA X3100 (144 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested: wine-staging 2.0rc-rc4 via Wineskin

Install Notes: A post on the Steam forums has instructions on how to enable 3Dfx/nGlide rendering if it doesn't automatically launch with nGlide; remember to launch the game using space.exe when doing so; if you use Tachyon.exe (the game's launcher) it will reset the game to use Direct3D).

Winetricks: None needed. (I did use UseGLSL=disable to boost performance, and directplay to clear up some errors in my wine log.)

How Well Does It Run: Excellently, at 1280 x 800 widescreen resolution using 3Dfx through nGlide Despite the graphics hardware on my test machine being underpowered, the game runs very well with all of the graphics options turned up.

Under Direct3D rendering, the game lags a bit at 1024 x 768, with some minor cosmetic graphics gliches (e.g. texture flashing on the rings in the Ring Training Course). Enabling CSMT caused some severe input lag. Enabling the Native Mac Driver led to the game's graphics being inverted.

Joysticks are fully functional in the game as well; it even detected and made full use of my MadCatz V.1's throttle control.
Post edited January 15, 2017 by rampancy
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Pandemonium!
* There are chances that the game will have it's FPS increased. Since the gameplay speed is tied to the framerate. You may encounter a "turbo mode" when that happens. nGlide's virtual sync does not fix that problem! .
have you tried this? adding ForceRefreshRate = 60 to HKLM using wine's regedit? supposedly works like a charm on my friends pc (but didn't test a lot tried the first stage and didn't get any turbo mode
Game: Temple of Elemental Evil
Installer MD5: d9adc7b2ce4b8d3a9e1c9767e13f7d14 setup_temple_of_elemental_evil_2.0.0.13.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG
CodeWeavers link: Retail
Distro: Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-59-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.98
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.0-rc2-staging via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Install & play.
Winetricks: Didn't install any
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut from "ToEE.exe"
How well does it run: played it a bit without problems

Extra Add-ons:
Circle of 8:
Needs Java installed for the launcher to work. Runs the same as normal. Tested with the Standard Co8

Java Used:
MD5: b00a72bbd34d2d78df828b6017ad8827 jre-7u79-windows-i586.exe
Post edited January 15, 2017 by te_lanus