It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gydion: To clarify Wine version(s): should be listing the working versions. Obviously, it's useful to mention non-functioning versions you tried where you do. What Wine builds are you using anyway? Wine on OS X has been rough these last several releases.

Looking at the AppDB I see no reason for the flash verb and does it actually need tahoma? The linked font bug is about 'Courier New' and not tahoma.
Fair point on tahoma (and flash may be more relevant to Steam). I'll revise the Wine listing.
For a while I forgot that it is not always possible to run Windows game under Linux...
That made me to try – without success:

Fossil Echo – the game is delivered with Linux installer elsewhere. For GOG version I was not able even launch the game. Now, in this special case, I'd be happy with some Steam Connect service to be able to transfer my purchase to Steam :|

Stories Untold – now I remember, why I removed why I removed the game from my wishlist. I've tried the demo before and it didn't worked. Now I've bought the full game here and it looks I'm not able to play due to some graphical/drivers issues (menu not displayed properly, episode one displayed upside down).

Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank – reports missing Mono and I don't know how to fix it. Perhaps it's a matter of itch.io package, which is not a proper installer, but simply game folder to be run directly.

The King's Bird – and this one (also delivered as a game folder, without installer) works out-of-the-box, but is poorly optimized and requires low graphic setting to work with decent fps.

For the good news – Banished works like a charm and probably I'll report it here soon.
Game: Order of Battle: World War II
Installer MD5s: setup_order_of_battle_world_war_ii_8.4.4_(64bit)_(38267).exe = b2c73ce269f856049a865fe2ecba8035
WineHQ AppDB link: n/a
CodeWeavers link: n/a

Distro: Slackware 64 Current (14.2+)
Desktop: KDE 4.14.38
Kernel version: x86_64 Linux 5.4.43
Graphics card: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.35.0, 5.4.43, LLVM 10.0.0)
Wine version(s) tested: wine 5.7 (Staging)
Crossover version(s) tested: 19.0.0

Install notes:

Install in a 64-bit wine prefix. In wine, the game doesn't start when using the desktop icon, so you need to set it to launch Order\ of\ Battle\ -\ WW2.exe instead or autorun.exe if you need to see the Slitherine launcher first. The game doesn't work properly in full screen mode, so use a virtual desktop with the size set according to your display resolution.

How well does it run:

The intro doesn't work and a black screen is shown instead. You need to click anywhere to bypass it. The game locks in full screen mode if you change focus away from it (use a virtual desktop fix). If using crossover, the game doesn't react initially to the mouse, so you need to alt-tab away from it first before the mouse works properly. The game hangs on exit, so its process needs to be killed manually. I noticed a very small bug which may also be present in windows (I can't test): when you select certain flak units, the game draws a combat result window on top which always stays on screen until you reload the game using a save (it doesn't prevent playing though). One other issue I noticed is very high CPU usage, which causes my PC to overheat over time, so beware.

Other than that, everything works really well and the game is fully playable. I completed one campaign from an additional DLC and multiple other missions. I haven't tested the multiplayer mode.
Post edited June 15, 2020 by igrok
shmerl: According to Joshua Ashton (dxvk / d9vk developer), memory issues in Bioshock Infinite can be caused by Galaxy.dll. Is there some way to disable it? I tried to outright remove or ban it with env variable, but then the game doesn't even start, since dynamic linker requires it. May be some fake stub can work around it, but it should at least link properly.

See: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/1085
The search here is a bit wonky, so there may be more recent posts about Bioshock Infinite that I didn't find, but does it work well on Linux now? How would I install and run it successfully?
Pangaea666: The search here is a bit wonky, so there may be more recent posts about Bioshock Infinite that I didn't find, but does it work well on Linux now? How would I install and run it successfully?
I didn't try playing it very recently, but it was kind of working before.
shmerl: According to Joshua Ashton (dxvk / d9vk developer), memory issues in Bioshock Infinite can be caused by Galaxy.dll. Is there some way to disable it? I tried to outright remove or ban it with env variable, but then the game doesn't even start, since dynamic linker requires it. May be some fake stub can work around it, but it should at least link properly.

See: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/1085
Pangaea666: The search here is a bit wonky, so there may be more recent posts about Bioshock Infinite that I didn't find, but does it work well on Linux now? How would I install and run it successfully?
I never finished the game on Linux using the Windows version, but I did get a bit far when testing with dxvk (about 3hrs in). I did get a couple crashes from time to time but nothing serious, apparently the game is sometimes unstable even on Windows.

As for how to install and run it, that depends on what you use (Lutris, Plain Wine, Steamplay...etc). Personally I use plain Wine Staging and configure the game's with self made scripts.
Ganni1987: I never finished the game on Linux using the Windows version, but I did get a bit far when testing with dxvk (about 3hrs in). I did get a couple crashes from time to time but nothing serious, apparently the game is sometimes unstable even on Windows.

As for how to install and run it, that depends on what you use (Lutris, Plain Wine, Steamplay...etc). Personally I use plain Wine Staging and configure the game's with self made scripts.
Thanks. Perhaps I ought to look into Lutris again, if there are scripts for it. I've not had great luck just starting things with Wine without any fancy stuff, and I'm not very comfortable with that either (same with DXVK). Which is why I love Adam's scripts here. Am currently playing the original Bioshock and loving it, and will try to get Infinite running afterwards.

Ideally GOG themselves would sort out all this stuff, so we could actually play the games we have bought for Linux, without all this extra headache of writing scripts ourselves, either individually or from great people like Adam and others.
Has anyone gotten Gunship! to work? WineDB has a very, very old entry and I haven't found any mention of anything newer.
I was surprised how well Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning ran... at first.

Given the older hardware (GTX 670) I thought there'd be some performance issues, but even with every setting maxed out the game still plays well.

Running into one major issue, though, and that's stuttering caused by text overlays. I don't seem to be able to nail down exactly what's causing it.

Every time I sit in the inventory screen for a few seconds, or pick a lock, or talk to someone, or target an enemy or try and harvest a plant... any time any text gets added to the screen for more than a couple seconds it'll start stuttering. And unfortunately the issue seems to compound, as if it's holding the text in memory as long as I stay near the thing that triggered it. Walking far enough away from whatever caused the popovers seems to eliminate the stutter.

But no real frame rate drops... the game itself lags (most noticeable in the skipping audio track), but the FPS never goes below about 45.

Tested:
- Both Proton and Lutris
- With and without DXVK
- Graphical settings min through max
- VSync on and off
- Both Antialiasing = FXAA and disabled
- SuperSampling off through 2x
- FullScreen, Borderless, Windowed

Exact same result in all scenarios (aside from a lower framerate when DXVK is disabled).

If anyone has any ideas why text overlay would cause issue, I'd appreciate any advice.

UPDATE: After experimenting for a while, I found that enabling Force Composition Pipeline in the Nvidia settings seems to significantly help (but not solve) the issue. Perhaps this has something to do with the new HUD scaling options in KoARR(?)
Post edited September 14, 2020 by xixas
Shadowcat: Huh. I expected this to have been asked by now...

Do Arkane's Prey and Dishonored games work under Wine?

Edit: Wow, the linking feature is pretty broken... doing this more manually...

* https://www.gog.com/game/prey_digital_deluxe_edition
* https://www.gog.com/game/dishonored_complete_collection
Yeah they both play well on my Arch set up. So does Dishonored 2. Not tried Dishonored:Death to the Outsider yet though. Mind you they were all played through Steam but they definitly play well on a linux rig. Hope that helps.
Has anyone tried the recently released Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2? The WineHQ entries are too old to be reliable.
Ganni1987: Has anyone tried the recently released Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2? The WineHQ entries are too old to be reliable.
Is it the same bundle as Castlevania games?
Ganni1987: Has anyone tried the recently released Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2? The WineHQ entries are too old to be reliable.
People are logging there attempts here

https://www.gog.com/forum/metal_gear_series/linux_wineproton

As for the Castlevania/Contra pack that runs flawlessly in Proton.
Game: Dark Reign
Installer MD5:
setup_dark_reign_2.1.0.46.exe de5364689416a936f9049f58b2f095e8

WineHQ AppDB link: Retail

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.9
Kernel: 4.15.0-118-generic x86_64
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.138
Display Server: X.Org 1.19.6

Wine version(s) tested: Wine-staging 5.19
Winetricks Needed: Installed DX9 dll's via winetricks

Extra Notes: Tested two missions on both the base and the add-on and had no real problem. The only thing that I had to do is to open TACTICS.CFG and lower the GameSpeed and ScrollSpeed
Game: Xanadu Next
Installer MD5:
setup_xanadu_next_24.11.2016_(7885).exe 7c8db3a8ca44cf26db326b2ac321b188

WineHQ AppDB link: GOG

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.9
Kernel: 4.15.0-118-generic x86_64
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.138
Display Server: X.Org 1.19.6

Wine version(s) tested: Wine-staging 5.19
Winetricks Needed: According to the appdb you need to install amstream, quartz and xvid yo get the opening vid to work, but when I tested installing them, it didn't work.

Extra Notes: Works great, the LSD trip is no more, and runs great

dtgreene: Has there been any attempt to fix Xanadu Next? Has anybody tried that game in the newest Wine version?
Attachments: