It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Chuchel
Version: GOG 2.0.0
Installer MD5: d9af6a71485c90b8907bc2326e4b704a setup_chuchel_2.0.0_(26120).exe

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.2 Bionic Beaver | Mate | 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-46-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.4 64-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: click

Install notes: Installs correctly, 4 traditional GOG runtime errors displayed at the end of process. No impact on installetion result ("successful") or gameplay.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and well performance.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I'm using PlayOnLinux (without their predefined scripts).
Attachments:
chuchel.jpg (254 Kb)
Post edited April 08, 2019 by ciemnogrodzianin
This is a follow up to my earlier post regarding the two Metro games,

Game: Metro 2033 - Redux & Metro Last Light - Redux
Distro: Debian 9 Stretch
Desktop: MATE
Kernel Version: 5.0.4
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / Drivers v418.43
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.2 Staging + ESync
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 1.0.1 (this game needs the 64bit dll's)
Winetricks used: Corefonts (may not be needed but I always install these just in case), The game requires 'xaudio2_7' installed and set to 'native' otherwise you will experience lots of audio crackling, FAudio may also work but I haven't tried.

Install notes: Game(s) installs correctly aside (the usual harmless errors at the end can be safely ignored)

How well does it run: Perfectly, from over 4 hours playing, I noticed a few flickering textures but apparently it's a game issue as many sites report it happening even on Windows.

Additionally I also tried the game on a system with i5-2400 CPU and 2GB GTX 760 and it also runs very well at medium-high details.

Tip: If you want to skip the unskippable long and boring intro movie every time you open the games, search for the file named "legal.ogv" and rename it to "legal.old", then create a new blank file and name it "legal.ogv".
Post edited March 31, 2019 by Ganni1987
adamhm: Game: Call of Juarez
Added.
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Chuchel
Added and the AppDB report is up.

Of possible interest is bug 36692 which has been Staged. TL;DR, esync patchset will be available in Staging 4.6. To enable it set WINEESYNC environment variable to a non-zero value (e.g. 1).
Gydion: Added and the AppDB report is up.
Thanks, report post updated.
Gydion: TL;DR, esync patchset will be available in Staging 4.6. To enable it set WINEESYNC environment variable to a non-zero value (e.g. 1).
I always wished they would integrate it as part of the regular release (staging included). In some games it can be a night and day difference, especially in CPU intensive tasks.

Thanks for the heads up, this will be a fun weekend :-)
Good to know that esync is entering staging. It's a lot easier to apply the patchset from there,
Ganni1987: I always wished they would integrate it as part of the regular release (staging included). In some games it can be a night and day difference, especially in CPU intensive tasks.

Thanks for the heads up, this will be a fun weekend :-)
I was kind of surprised since it hadn't arrived in Staging earlier. There's some specific part of it that's incorrect for some case or other which is why it isn't viable for mainline. I assumed Staging wasn't interested either. Particularly as Zebediah is one of the maintainers.
Now it's one step closer to mainline. On the other hand there are probably some patchsets in Staging that have been there since Staging was first created...
Post edited April 13, 2019 by Gydion
Game: Hard Truck 2: King of the Road
Installer MD5: setup_hard_truck_2_king_of_the_road_1.3_(28808).exe 4ecb1c3c16449befdc79a8200f8cf299
WineHQ AppDB link: Retail

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.7
Kernel version: 4.15.0-47-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.107
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.6.

Install notes: Install & play.

If using PlayOnLinux/Lutris, start the game from/create shortcut for "king.exe"
Hello! I got Still Life 2 working without artifacts with the latest wine 4.6. The only requirement was installing dx9. I use PlayOnLinux and Linux Mint 19.
te_lanus: Game: Hard Truck 2: King of the Road
Added, thanks.
Game: Forager
Installer MD5: setup_forager_1.0.2_(28838).exe 8ea7b4ae566cd606fd27fbef382f97aa
WineHQ AppDB link: Retail

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.7
Kernel version: 4.15.0-47-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.107
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.6.

Install notes: Install & play.

If using PlayOnLinux/Lutris, start the game from/create shortcut for "Forager.exe"
If this is useful for anyone, I got tired of waiting for 32-bit faudio to hit Debian unstable, so I built it manually, using a few different Debian tools and tweaking existing Debian package. In the process I also bumped the source and version to 19.04 for both 32-bit and 64-bit packages. After that, I was able to finally upgrade Wine from WineHQ Debian repo from 4.2 at which it was stuck due to missing faudio to 4.6. All is working now!
Post edited April 24, 2019 by shmerl
te_lanus: Game: Forager
Added, thanks.
shmerl: If this is useful for anyone, I got tired of waiting for 32-bit faudio to hit Debian unstable, so I built it manually, using a few different Debian tools and tweaking existing Debian package.
WineHQ Debian repo has FAudio packages on the OBS. You may need to download them manually though.
Post edited April 27, 2019 by Gydion
Gydion: WineHQ Debian repo has FAudio packages on the OBS. You may need to download them manually though.
That's great, thanks for the pointer!
Does anyone know, since Wine is now bundling Mono, why is updating prefix with 4.7 still asking about installing a Mono package?