It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anyone tried "Call of Juarez"?
The last entries on Wine AppDB are really old.
Klumpen0815: Has anyone tried "Call of Juarez"?
I've played the Steam-version through WINE quite recently, and it runs great without any issues.
Klumpen0815: Has anyone tried "Call of Juarez"?
Random_Coffee: I've played the Steam-version through WINE quite recently, and it runs great without any issues.
With, or without the Steam client?

I had an old CoJ Steam key that I activated yesterday (with the hope of Connecting it some day), and I failed to get it to run on WIne without the client. :(
I tested it for a while last night with my generic wrapper, seems to be install + play with Wine+DXVK as long as you use the DX10 version (there were rendering issues with the DX9 version which I didn't attempt to fix since the DX10 version was working well). Initially tested with the default Proton 3.16-3 but then used Wine Staging 3.10 since you can't adjust the brightness if using Proton.
Random_Coffee: I've played the Steam-version through WINE quite recently, and it runs great without any issues.
muntdefems: With, or without the Steam client?

I had an old CoJ Steam key that I activated yesterday (with the hope of Connecting it some day), and I failed to get it to run on WIne without the client. :(
With.
Random_Coffee: With.
Well, that's too bad for me then.

Thanks for confirming it. :)
Before the discount runs out, Lords of the Fallen works with DXVK: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/311/post_id=18172

I haven't done much testing so far but it seems to work well. Will do a proper report when I get further into the game.
Ganni1987: Before the discount runs out, Lords of the Fallen works with DXVK: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/311/post_id=18172

I haven't done much testing so far but it seems to work well. Will do a proper report when I get further into the game.
I can confirm this. I only played till the first boss, but it worked pretty well with DXVK 0.91. :)
Ganni1987: Before the discount runs out, Lords of the Fallen works with DXVK: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/311/post_id=18172

muntdefems: I can confirm this. I only played till the first boss, but it worked pretty well with DXVK 0.91. :)
I got a bit far into it last night, so far I found only one graphical issue with some flickering parts (related to DXVK). It can be a bit of an annoyance but not game breaking. Unfortunately my test ended with the "Gauntlet bug" a game bug present even on Windows and Consoles.
Game: Lords of the Fallen
Distro: Mint 18.1 x64
DE: MATE
Kernel: 4.15.18-041518-generic
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
WINE version: 3.19 (With ESync enabled)
WineHQ link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=19071

How well does it run: Almost perfect.

Install notes: Installing the game from the installer works correctly and the usual error at the end can be ignored. The game may not need it but I installed Corefonts as part of my usual setup.

Additional Info: Due to a minor missing feature in DXVK, you might experience some flickering graphics, from my tests this is nothing game breaking and it's not as frequent or scary as it may sound. With that said, you should run the game with the "DXVK_LOG_LEVEL=none" environment variable to prevent DXVK from flooding the log file with the same error and possibly reducing the game's performance.

ESync is not required to play the game, however it improves performance quite much in this game, sometimes by as much as 10-15 fps more.

9th November DXVK Note: The Developer of DXVK has been able to provide a workaround to the flickering issue, unfortunately this comes at the cost of a performance drop. It is still very much playable though, I get a 40+ fps with a GTX 1060 @ 1920x1080. I also tested it with a GT 1030 and the performance is about 20+ fps @ 720p. Hopefully this gives you an idea what to expect.
Post edited November 09, 2018 by Ganni1987
I've updated to wine 3.19 (NOT staging) recently, thus - some updates to old titles, I've reported there:
Sacred 2 now finally works (I have no idea, what caused segfault in past). Sadly, only with nvidia GPU (have no amd device to test with - speaking for intel/nvidia config). Also this game make my laptop BURN HOT on any graphical settings. But it was the case on windows aswell, so - nothing to fix here, thats just how it works.

Grim Dawn has got a proper dx10 support. In past, it used to work, but there was lighting issues here and there. Now, game should be fully playable in this mode - I've tested multiple locations and everything looks rock solid.
Why it matters, if game also supports dx9? Well, in dx10 (which upscales to dx11 and then translates to vulkan, if Im not mistaken) mode, fps is a bit higher.

---
Now, lets talk my new wine purchases:
Tzar segfault on launch. Probably possible to fix via installation of additional libs tru winetricks - didnt have time to play with it.
Stronghold Crusader runs, but feature audio glitches (e.g "audio doubling" bug, I've used to talk about in past - every sound plays "right now" and "one second after", creating some weird echo-like effect). And no, disabling csmt doesnt solve this issue. Probably has something to do with pulsa on its default settings?
Has anyone tried Titanic: Adventure Out of Time? Does the GOG version still have the inverted color problem as reported on WineHQ?
Post edited November 18, 2018 by eiii
Game: Call of Juarez
Installer MD5s:
e549532739b6d2438b68246e1bed5854 setup_call_of_juarez_1.1.1.0_(24945)-1.bin
220b7ee6cce07966d3b8ceca207044e0 setup_call_of_juarez_1.1.1.0_(24945).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=3632

Distro: Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-39
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 18.2.4 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 3.10

Install notes: Use the DirectX 10 version with DXVK. Requires native d3dcompiler_33, d3dcompiler_43 and d3dx10_33
How well does it run: Perfect (DX10 version with DXVK)
Details: I've fully played through the game. There are rendering issues with Direct3D 9, however the Direct3D 10 version is almost perfect as long as you use DXVK - the only issue I've found is that the game will often crash when you try to change anti-aliasing setting (I recommend setting it manually by editing Video_DX10.scr before starting the game). Multiplayer was not tested.

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/call_of_juarez/call_of_juarez_for_linux
Here we go again.

Perfectly working newest additions:
- Zwei: The Arges Adventure
- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
Both games run out of box with full gamepad support - just as always, xseed did a good work. The only drawback so far is 30fps lock. But it doesnt feel THAT bad, if you're playing them with gamepad, not kb+m.

Somehow working additions:
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Just as always - weird "doubled sound" bug, Im unable to fix by myself for atleast one year. Aside from that, no bugs was found.

Not working additions:
- Stars in Shadow
According to database, it SHOULD work. Yet it doesnt - segfault on launch, with both nvidya and intel gpus. Clear prefix, playing with csmt, winegstreamer and additional libraries didnt help
Gekko_Dekko: Tzar segfault on launch. Probably possible to fix via installation of additional libs tru winetricks - didnt have time to play with it.
Tzar works for me without any additional libs (with Wine 1.8). Only the setup program to adjust the game settings requires the installation of mfc42.