It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Life. Don't talk to me about life.
low rated
Who3D: Life. Don't talk to me about life.
How about a song instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyaGQPjXGyE
low rated
dtgreene: Some relatives were going to visit, but unfortunately they've tested positive for COVID-19, so that's not happening.
Well if the masks worked there wouldn't be a problem. ;)
Themken: €2.60 for a litre of standard petrol.
€2.60 for a litre of milk.
€2.60 for a third of a litre of beer in the shop.

Thank goodness water is still cheap here. Thanks to droughts this is not the situation for everyone. I hear, for example, USA's west coast is about to run out of water. I guess there will be a new migration soon but away this time.

About £2.23.
I'm surprised everyone doesn't brew their own there or here for that matter with the taxes giving us lower quality beer and in Scotland and Wales they've pushed the price up further with extra laws which wouldn't be as bad if they were funding medical research to deal with alcohol damage.
Post edited June 21, 2022 by §pec†re
Vinry36: I f*cking hate paperwork. The stress you feel when you think you lost an important document, or the feeling when you don't remember where you last put it. Sometimes being tidy just isn't enough. F*CK!
Start working for the CIA, you'll love the paperwork.
Well, unfortunately the rumors are true. In 2 weeks time I will no longer have a job.

With my age, education and current economy climate I doubt I'll get a new one in this day and age.
zlaywal: Well, unfortunately the rumors are true. In 2 weeks time I will no longer have a job.

With my age, education and current economy climate I doubt I'll get a new one in this day and age.
It sucks to read this. Good luck to you!
My country blocks Steam, Origin, Epic, Paypal, etc. starting last midnight. GOG is not blocked, or not yet, probably because it's not big enough. This is idiotic. This government loves censorship and meddling with private individual lives. The ministry demands these foreign services to register to the government. This registration requires that the providers have to pass private data of its users to the government when asked.
le_chevalier: My country blocks Steam, Origin, Epic, Paypal, etc. starting last midnight. GOG is not blocked, or not yet, probably because it's not big enough. This is idiotic. This government loves censorship and meddling with private individual lives. The ministry demands these foreign services to register to the government. This registration requires that the providers have to pass private data of its users to the government when asked.
I agree. Was actually expecting someone to comment on this. This is just absurd.
Vinry_.: I agree. Was actually expecting someone to comment on this. This is just absurd.
I wish we could sue the government to block this law or sue for damages, but I doubt we have such protections or rights as users/consumers in this country.

I have a couple dozens of dollars deposited on my Steam account that I cannot access. Somebody else must have some deposit on PayPal. People make money using those gaming platforms.

I wish our country had stronger demand for privacy, protection from government censorship, real protection for freedom of expression. We have a fake/weak one and not really strongly upheld.

I can't even play my Steam games in offline mode! The client just won't open. These games are not available on GOG.
Post edited July 30, 2022 by le_chevalier
Vinry_.: I agree. Was actually expecting someone to comment on this. This is just absurd.
le_chevalier: I wish we could sue the government to block this law or sue for damages, but I doubt we have such protections or rights as users/consumers in this country.

I have a couple dozens of dollars deposited on my Steam account that I cannot access. Somebody else must have some deposit on PayPal. People make money using those gaming platforms.

I wish our country had stronger demand for privacy, protection from government censorship, real protection for freedom of expression. We have a fake/weak one and not really strongly upheld.

I can't even play my Steam games in offline mode! The client just won't open. These games are not available on GOG.
Yep, I doubt there exists any such protections in our country. What surprised me most was the fact that Paypal was also one of the sites that got blocked (although I think the block for Paypal should be lifted soon, seeing that Paypal had actually submitted the registration form last night). Still, it seems like the government had put little to no attention at the repercussions that their decision brings.

If not much is done in the future, then all we can do is start downloading all our GOG games installers in anticipation of the possibility that GOG might be next.
Vinry_.: ...Still, it seems like the government had put little to no attention at the repercussions that their decision brings.
I call that an "idiocy".

For fellow Indonesian gamers, this workaround works for me: use Simple DNSCrypt, a free tool. The steps explained below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVup-U1ou0I
Vinry_.: ...Still, it seems like the government had put little to no attention at the repercussions that their decision brings.
le_chevalier: I call that an "idiocy".

For fellow Indonesian gamers, this workaround works for me: use Simple DNSCrypt, a free tool. The steps explained below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVup-U1ou0I
Damn that was fast. Thanks!
Vinry_.: Damn that was fast. Thanks!
Yeah. Psst...don't tell the government!
Vinry_.: Damn that was fast. Thanks!
le_chevalier: Yeah. Psst...don't tell the government!
Don't worry, my lips are sealed.
Renovation in the utility room. Needs must, but not looking forward to it. I've got the new crap in boxes in my office and I've removed most of the old furniture, but now it's time to plug all the screw holes and paint the fucking place and I'm not sure what to do about the washing machine/dryer. I'll probably move them to the bathroom, which is going to be a pain in the ass but gets them out of the way.

They need to be turned 90 degrees compared to their original position, so I'm going to have to rebalance the fucking things sooner or later anyway. I can see how this will go, seeing as we're putting a cupboard next to them: put appliances in place, balance appliances, assemble furniture, start mounting furniture on wall, discover that appliances are too close, move appliances, rebalance appliances again. Or something. I'll be back.

EDIT: Oh, and that motorcycle thing I mentioned in May? Still haven't bought one.
Post edited August 09, 2022 by AlKim