It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gather all parts before venturing forth.

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount until November 19, 11PM UTC.
The acclaimed isometric RPG now finally in a complete package that includes every bit of available content: Pillars of Eternity - Royal Edition, White March Part I & II, plus the Deadfire Pack. Dive into the sprawling, fascinating, and reactive world of Eora and discover how Obsidian turned a nostalgia-fueled project into this award-winning modern classic.

Those who don't want to fully commit can instead get the PoE - Hero Edition, White March Part I, White March Part II, or White March Expansion Pass for 40% off each until November 19, 11PM UTC.

NOTE: The new Deadfire Pack DLC is included in Definitive Edition of the game, and is free for owners of all others Pillars of Eternity editions
Also, the Royal Edition and Champion Edition of the game are no longer available for sale but will remain in people's libraries, as normal.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
May not be appropriote, but here is my possible tangent. What a mess. Companies with reputations left (Obsidian) should tread with more care. You're messing with the people left who care. I was a kickstarter backer for this, had to email them like half a year later to actually send me what I paid for. I haven't kickstarted a game since and don't foresee doing so. You're just burning the good will out of the good people. Like, how much more wary can people be?

You're making it harder for other companies as well. Just pushing consumers to never buy until you've had shutter your company and people can then buy at your desperate price point. Just a shame that an Obsidian product is another vector for not trusting in a purchase until the project is surely in "Definitive Edition" sales state. Pillars II will have a different publisher. Pillars on Kickstarter didn't have a publisher. Whatever.

Still, some can take heart and purchase confidently in others. Shadow Warrior 2 comes to mind.
Edit: If any part of my rant is relevant, GOG may be to blame for that part. I guess it depends on what is now included (from the various previous editions) in the Steam "package". I'm done now.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by Charles.Surge
novemberist: Do I need to own any previous PoE Edition to purchase this? I wanted to take the chance and finally try PoE with the Definitive Edition, but I can't seem to complete my order ("Pay for your order now" button is greyed out). There's also a message saying

"Please note that you are required to own on GOG.com to be able to purchase and play Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire Pack" Obviously I can't get Deadfire Pack before buying the Hero Edition...after which I wouldn't want to pay another 28€ to buy Definitive Edition, of course...
You just need the definitive edition. The deadfire pack is already included with it.
Bigs: despite promises of an upgrade path that exists on Steam but not here...
Don't worry. Paradox has fixed that gross mistake by removing the upgrade paths from Steam.
Edit: Wait, they actually didn't remove them. They just hid them, but they still retain the same price. :D
Post edited November 15, 2017 by Grargar
Woo! A definitive edition is good news for us late adopters.

Quick question though, how intensive is this game in terms of resources? I use a ancient laptop form the mid-oughts complete with an integrated graphics card and the inability to go over 2ghz. Could I run this game even though my computer doesnt meet the recommended specs?
I also cannot buy the Definitive Edition as the 'Pay for your order' button is greyed out. *Sigh*
Bigs: despite promises of an upgrade path that exists on Steam but not here...
Grargar: Don't worry. Paradox has fixed that gross mistake by removing the upgrade paths from Steam.
Edit: Wait, they actually didn't remove them. They just hid them.
Oh.. well that's reassuring... so Steam users had 2 years to upgrade if they chose to... I didn't have two minutes...
Fair enough
novemberist: Has anyone managed to successfully purchase this? Still trying to figure out if there's a problem on my end or if the issue is on GOG's side.
Grargar: I'm having the same problem, as well.
JRedemption: I also cannot buy the Definitive Edition as the 'Pay for your order' button is greyed out. *Sigh*
That's the catch, they don't want your money for the cheaper "full" edition. I think you have to buy all the parts separately for it to work.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by X-com
blotunga: Suits me for being a fool and pre-ordering. Never again Paradox and Obsidian. Now I could get the definitive edition at full price for less than what i paid for the hero edition. And then white march...
Exactly. I paid over $40 the hero edition and (some claim) "supported" the company by buying upon release... and then they treat customers who didn't support the company better than us. Never. Ever. Another. Dime. Paradox. And Obsidian. And GOG should do something here. Maybe use their influence to get them to do the right thing or maybe even do the right thing themselves.
Considering buying...

BUT

Are the savegames compatible?
"Steam Hero + 1 DLC -> GOG Definitive Edition"
or
"Older GOG Hero + 1 DLC -> GOG Definitive Edition"
or
any other combination?
Post edited November 15, 2017 by jedcooper
Just checked the game in my library, there is a The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt key in "serial keys" of Pillars of Eternity.
I guess it's GOG way to apologize.
:P
Post edited November 15, 2017 by amrit9037
Lucky you? I had a lesser game...

Or those keys aren't meant to be used here but more likely paradox's forums to register ownership of the title?

I dunno
high rated
<removed>
Post edited January 11, 2021 by rentvatten
high rated
I dunno, it's a GOTY edition released 2 years after launch. A game's price dropping like that eventually isn't very sudden, especially since it's meant to get people warmed up for the sequel which allows for the use of your savefile. That's why you always need to ask yourself whether the price is worth what your getting at the time that you're buying it. The lack of an upgrade path for the extras is annoying though.
Bigs: Lucky you? I had a lesser game...

Or those keys aren't meant to be used here but more likely paradox's forums to register ownership of the title?

I dunno
I used that key on gog.com/redeem and it showed me TW3.
I can't say if it's an error as I already have TW3.
high rated
ok, I get it. You are warning me to not under any circumstances buy PoE 2 on release. There will be a definitive edition some day and there will NOT be an upgrade path. Thanks for letting me know, to not support your new game.