It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Delixe: They want €29.99 for Assassins Creed 1 from Eurolanders which is outrageous. You would think buying direct from a publisher/developer would be the cheapest option but no it's usually the most expensive one.
Nah, come on! Everyone knows that all Europeans are rich.

Ohh, wait...
jlg6184: UBIShop:

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edtion
$5.00 (Originally $19.99)
--Possibly Region Restricted--
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.180123700/Assassins-Creed-Directors-Cut-Edition.html
Delixe: Yep US only like all the Ubishop deals. They want €29.99 for Assassins Creed 1 from Eurolanders which is outrageous. You would think buying direct from a publisher/developer would be the cheapest option but no it's usually the most expensive one.
Ubishop deals are for north america. It would be ridiculous if games developed in montreal, canada would be available to us only via digital distribution.

A boxed director's cut copy is available at my local shop for $9.97. I'd gladly pay that over a digital only copy + ubi downloader. That and no paying for bogus download insurance since I'd have it on disc.
from today's e-mail
Hi
All European countries are being charged in Euro it doesn't matter what currency is actually used in said country.

Best Regards

Max

Customer Support

GamersGate
lackoo1111: from today's e-mail
So the UK isn't in Europe anymore? We get GBP here so that doesn't add up. I'd tell them that and see what they have to say.
Post edited November 29, 2010 by Navagon
Navagon: So the UK isn't in Europe anymore?
UK is the the 8th continent according to the geography book of the digital download services / publishers
Post edited November 29, 2010 by lackoo1111
Navagon: So the UK isn't in Europe anymore? We get GBP here so that doesn't add up. I'd tell them that and see what they have to say.
The UK has never been in Europe to begin with. It's just some isolated Island somewhere over France...

:P
Does anyone know what kind of DRM does The ball on gamersgate have. It only lists "other drm".
Titanium: Does anyone know what kind of DRM does The ball on gamersgate have. It only lists "other drm".
Most likely use their downloader and online activation. Why not buy direct from the developers for the same price today unless you have a cache of blue coins. Completely drm-free direct from the devs.

http://www.theballthegame.com/
Titanium: Does anyone know what kind of DRM does The ball on gamersgate have. It only lists "other drm".
Wow. I installed it last week but I'll be damned, I can't remember if there is activation. I also deleted the temp files so there's no way for me to check again without redownloading everything. I have a serial number included with my purchase, although I don't recall there being activation. Hopefully someone can verify this for me.
pops117: The UK has never been in Europe to begin with.
That's the way we see it too.
Buy it from the developers instead. DRM-free and more money for them. Normally I'd support Gamersgate, but not when the DRM is actually worse there.
lackoo1111: UK is the the 8th continent according to the geography book of the digital download services / publishers
Sometimes being your own continent has its disadvantages. Just ask Australia*.

*Depending on which continental model you believe is the most worthy.
Post edited November 29, 2010 by Navagon
Kabuto: Most likely use their downloader and online activation. Why not buy direct from the developers for the same price today unless you have a cache of blue coins. Completely drm-free direct from the devs.
Well, why not. Thanks.
Kabuto: Most likely use their downloader and online activation. Why not buy direct from the developers for the same price today unless you have a cache of blue coins. Completely drm-free direct from the devs.
Titanium: Well, why not. Thanks.
Give credit to Navagon for initially reporting this sale a few pages back on this thread.

Since indie devs authorize these ridiculous sales on d2d, gamersgate and steam, you would think they would similarly put the game on sale on their site during the same time period more often.
Post edited November 29, 2010 by Kabuto
Navagon: So the UK isn't in Europe anymore? We get GBP here so that doesn't add up. I'd tell them that and see what they have to say.
pops117: The UK has never been in Europe to begin with. It's just some isolated Island somewhere over France...

:P
I don't ever recall a referendum to fully join the EU in terms of currency, and in doing so, giving up the pound. If there ever were such a referendum, I'd vote a big fat no. And I don't even live there anymore!
Wesker: Check this thread.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/warning_gamersgates_drm_free_games_are_not_really_drm_free

Personnally, I won't buy anything from Gamersgate.
bansama: If the page states DRM free, then the game itself has no DRM. The GG download requires you to log in so it can confirm you own the game. It's nothing sinister and not even problematic to anyone who has an internet connection for the PC they wish to install on.

However, as also stated, if you simply copy the unencrypted setup.exe during the install process, you can bypass the need to log in.

And if you really don't like the DRM, GamersGate will tend to offer a refund.

So, their downloader is not really a valid reason to never buy from them.
Actually, I've only encountered one game where as soon as the setup.exe ran, that the GG downloader converted it back to a launch file. Most happily wait until the actual setup is done. The workaround for the above type it to write a script that pounds that directory a couple of times a second to snatch (copy) the .exe into another directory.

The GG downloaders also work fine in Wine (for those of the Linux persuasion), but be warned: I've noticed that EA games use a .hidden file, which tells Gnome (and maybe KDE) to not display some of the files in the folder. Pretty sneaky, really.
About the FEAR bundle and Steam/MP:
We haven't heard anything else from the publisher so I assume there won't be a problem.
According to the description of F.E.A.R "Notice: This game is single-player. To play the multi-player piece of F.E.A.R, you will be required to download a separate file at joinfear.com"

Best Regards

Max

Customer Support

GamersGate
Post edited November 29, 2010 by chautemoc