It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gyokzoli: Does anyone know that what kind of DRM Big Fish Games uses?
You have to download and update their games via their game client. One suggestion: make a shortcut from the game exe into the desktop and start the game from there ( the client window will not popping up every time )
Kabuto: If he's not interested I sure am.
pops117: Well let's see.. first come first serve. I think you're on GOGPM, right? May be safer for getting the mail address.
pm sent. Thanks again.
gyokzoli: Does anyone know that what kind of DRM Big Fish Games uses?
lackoo1111: You have to download and update their games via their game client. One suggestion: make a shortcut from the game exe into the desktop and start the game from there ( the client window will not popping up every time )
Thanks!
Your welcome.
What games do you want to buy ?

BFG Daily Deal
Puzzle Quest $2.99
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/2389/puzzle-quest/index.html
Post edited November 29, 2010 by lackoo1111
Can anyone clarify if drm-free on gamersgate truly means drm-free? Considering world of goo and would rather have a standalone drm-free installer vs using steam.
Kabuto: Can anyone clarify if drm-free on gamersgate truly means drm-free? Considering world of goo and would rather have a standalone drm-free installer vs using steam.
Yep. I can confirm this.
Kabuto: Can anyone clarify if drm-free on gamersgate truly means drm-free? Considering world of goo and would rather have a standalone drm-free installer vs using steam.
I can confirm this too. DRM-Free means DRM-Free. Sometimes the main setup executable will need to be decrypted by the Downloader, the trick is to backup that executable while the downloader running and you have yourself a working game backup. WoG I think only has a compact installer file.
Where exactly do you see the DRM-free.. logo? thing?
I just don't see it anywhere.
Not that I want it, I already bought it for like 5 cents during the Humble Indie Bundle deal and played it for 2 minutes.
Check this thread.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/warning_gamersgates_drm_free_games_are_not_really_drm_free

Personnally, I won't buy anything from Gamersgate.
Don't get scared, it's actually not that bad as it seems. But yes, you will need to use their special installer/downloader.
The Ball 50% off direct from the devs. DRM-free and Paypal is an option. I don't know if you can re-download or what so you better back it up to be on the safe side.

Oh and note that you shouldn't tell them you're from the UK, even if you are.
Post edited November 29, 2010 by Navagon
UBIShop:

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edtion
$5.00 (Originally $19.99)
--Possibly Region Restricted--
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.180123700/Assassins-Creed-Directors-Cut-Edition.html
Post edited November 29, 2010 by jlg6184
Wesker: Check this thread.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/warning_gamersgates_drm_free_games_are_not_really_drm_free

Personnally, I won't buy anything from Gamersgate.
If the page states DRM free, then the game itself has no DRM. The GG download requires you to log in so it can confirm you own the game. It's nothing sinister and not even problematic to anyone who has an internet connection for the PC they wish to install on.

However, as also stated, if you simply copy the unencrypted setup.exe during the install process, you can bypass the need to log in.

And if you really don't like the DRM, GamersGate will tend to offer a refund.

So, their downloader is not really a valid reason to never buy from them.
jlg6184: UBIShop:

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edtion
$5.00 (Originally $19.99)
--Possibly Region Restricted--
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.180123700/Assassins-Creed-Directors-Cut-Edition.html
Yep US only like all the Ubishop deals. They want €29.99 for Assassins Creed 1 from Eurolanders which is outrageous. You would think buying direct from a publisher/developer would be the cheapest option but no it's usually the most expensive one.
Delixe: Yep US only like all the Ubishop deals. They want €29.99 for Assassins Creed 1 from Eurolanders which is outrageous. You would think buying direct from a publisher/developer would be the cheapest option but no it's usually the most expensive one.
£9.99 in the UK shop; I don't think gifting is possible though ...