It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ABH20: Yay, more regional bullshit. None of the Dragon Age games are available in my region and Saints Row 3 is only 10% off. The DLC is 50% off though.

Oh well, I guess I should be content with getting the THQ bundle before they fixed the price.
Yeah it's ridiculous, we'd have to go to EB or GAME to get DA at its cheapest
ABH20: Yay, more regional bullshit. None of the Dragon Age games are available in my region and Saints Row 3 is only 10% off. The DLC is 50% off though.

Oh well, I guess I should be content with getting the THQ bundle before they fixed the price.
No problem with Saints Row 3 but regional limitation for Dragon Age :D

prakaa: Yeah it's ridiculous, we'd have to go to EB or GAME to get DA at its cheapest
I'm seeing that more often these days, physical retail copies being cheaper than the online digital distribution copies. The whole point of online distribution is to lower costs by removing the expense of producing physical copies and all the associated expenditure required. Yet I can walk into a store and buy games like Mafia II Director's Cut (game + all DLC) and have it be at least $30 cheaper than from online retailers like Steam.

And that's just at Australian retail. If I import Mafia II Director's Cut from England I can get it for less than the price of the DLC itself on Steam. It is actually cheaper to have a game shipped to me from the other side of the planet than it is for me to buy it online.
Fred_DM: AFAIK all EA games released since 2010 can be activated on Origin. for older EA games you can try asking their support. i hear they are really helpful with activating your games on Origin, but i've never tried it myself.
nijuu: I mean the serials referred to - are they Steam or Origin activateable (is that even a word??). ?
DA2 is not available on steam (anymore) so it won't be steam keys. I think they'll just be regular CD keys, that can be (optionally) activated on origin if you want to. Like the retail ones.
nijuu: BTW - I know weird place to ask, but which of the DLC for Mass Effect 2 are worth purchasing (via Bioware store) ?
All the "gameplay related" are well worth the price, imo. I purchased all of it, even the costumes. But I'm a huge Mass Effect fanboy.

The best DLC is probably "Lair of the Shadow Broker". If you only get one, this is it.
nijuu: So does that mean it still activates via Origin though?
Fred_DM: AFAIK all EA games released since 2010 can be activated on Origin. for older EA games you can try asking their support. i hear they are really helpful with activating your games on Origin, but i've never tried it myself.
All games? Ha. They still won't let me activate Bulletstorm.
nijuu: BTW - I know weird place to ask, but which of the DLC for Mass Effect 2 are worth purchasing (via Bioware store) ?
SimonG: All the "gameplay related" are well worth the price, imo. I purchased all of it, even the costumes. But I'm a huge Mass Effect fanboy.

The best DLC is probably "Lair of the Shadow Broker". If you only get one, this is it.
overlord is probably a second for third I'd go with kasumi over arrival but it's close arrival is solo shep though so is a decent challenge...
Foxhack: All games? Ha. They still won't let me activate Bulletstorm.
Thats likely due to where you live, friend in the UK got it added in 5 minutes...
Post edited March 22, 2012 by wodmarach
Just get in live chat, support dudes add unredeemable cdkeys manually.
Dragon Age is region-restricted for me. I wonder, if I ask someone to buy it for me, will I be able to activate and play it on Origin? Has anyone else tried that?
Drakhyrr: Dragon Age is region-restricted for me. I wonder, if I ask someone to buy it for me, will I be able to activate and play it on Origin? Has anyone else tried that?
You will be able to activate.
Drakhyrr: Dragon Age is region-restricted for me. I wonder, if I ask someone to buy it for me, will I be able to activate and play it on Origin? Has anyone else tried that?
gyokzoli: You will be able to activate.
Thank you. I will give it some thought, then.
I used Amazon.com codes several times on Origin. I don't know if Origin itself checks regions, but I doubt it.

Edit: Boy, I'm slow
Post edited March 22, 2012 by SimonG
grynn: Just get in live chat, support dudes add unredeemable cdkeys manually.
Last time I asked them to do that, they outright refused stating over and over that the cannot do it as they don't have the means to do so. This, despite showing them proof that they did just that only a few days earlier with the same game for someone else.

So ultimately, EA support is now a lottery and chances of getting someone actually willing to add games these days, no matter the reason, is getting slimmer.
bansama: So ultimately, EA support is now a lottery and chances of getting someone actually willing to add games these days, no matter the reason, is getting slimmer.
That service was something exceptional and unheard of to begin with. That now people complain about it just reeks of entitlement. Not even GOG, who I consider "state of the art" when it comes to customer relation, had any option of redeeming TW 1 or 2 copies on GOG.

It was great for as long as it was possible and for many games it still is. It's not like we lost anything.
I advised a friend of mine to ask about adding it 3 or 4 days ago and everything went smoothly for him. So yeah, pretty much a lottery.