It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night

Completely unplayable if my 360 controller is plugged in.

Edit: Controls were fixed with an update, so I unquit it and actually finished it.
Post edited January 27, 2019 by kalirion
Below

Just released today and trying it on game pass as there's nothing to lose. Not my sort of game though, survival roguelite
with a random element. First try I starved on the first floor because I didn't find anything to eat and took too long wandering around. Second try, hey what's this thing....splat insta kill spikes. Third character, no light, what's this thing in the dark over here...splat...oh yeah that same spike. That's right. Like I say I don't usually like these type of games anyway.

For people that do like these it's probably great. Nice artwork and music and the sense of exploration and learning is fun. You start with a new explorer when you die and can go back to your body and get your stuff back. Probably a good example of the genre. Never know, may come back to it someday in a different mood.
Post edited December 14, 2018 by CMOT70
warframe. 20 something hours in was enough. also ashen. barely went over an hour.
Slip - platformer with Ikaruga style color change mechanics. Put it on hold years back. Just tried it again, and yup - way too hard.
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Get to the second last boss, die for no reason as soon as I enter the room. When it restarts there I am in the boss room, but no boss. Ever. Known game breaking bug, no chapter select, so only way to solve is restarting the game from the start. No thanks, a quick internet search reveals many people with the same problem on Steam and PS4...but congratulations to me- I seem to be the first on Xbox to experience it. At least the bug isn't platformist, I hate platformism.

Why not restart since it's a short game? Well, tbh it's one of the most boring games I've played in recent memory. It's 33% psychedelic cutscenes, 33% do the same nonsensical puzzle over and over and finally 33% do the same fight over and over again with the worlds worst dodge mechanic. I was on the verge of quitting even before the glitch. It's not the worst game I've played this year, but it's the most disappointing since I wasn't really expecting much from the tripe that is Star Wars Force Unleashed. The silver lining is that at least I didn't buy it.
No Man's Sky

Sat waiting patiently for the game to load, only to be treated to something filled with monotony and boredom. I just couldn't get into it at all, and I'm usually quite fond of sandbox type games.

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game

This recorded a personal best for install, play for a bit, then uninstall. Started as Britain in 1936, took a look at the diplomacy options, found I could "claim" the lands of others and for a chuckle, did so with Germany, thinking it might help get WWII started a little quicker. Another click later in the diplomacy menu, I "demanded" Germany cede all their territories to me, which they promptly did much to my amazement. From that moment on, I just couldn't bring myself to play any more, pondering that if that element of diplomacy was so broken, it wasn't worth wasting any more time playing the game.

Divinity II

What started out as a promising looking RPG, just turned into a repetitive, tiresome grind, without an interesting enough story to consider pursuing any further.

Sensible Soccer 2006

Worst football simulation EVER. Utter sacrilege that the Sensible Soccer name was even associated with this mess.

Tempest

Had high hopes for some enjoyable pirate themed fun, only to end up playing what can only be described as a horrible mobile game. For me, one of those trash games that shouldn't even be on GOG and should remain at Steam(ing shit).

Realpolitiks

Grand-ish strategy and geopolitics, something I'll enjoy, I thought. After a few different playthroughs, I discovered that the vast majority of "events" that happen in the game are scripted, which makes every save pretty much the same and pointless. When the AI controlled countries can also do things the player can't, it's time to uninstall and forget.
Post edited December 19, 2018 by HeathGCF
More than likely will quit Transistor.
Don't really like the art style that much, as with Bastion and Pyre. Don't get me wrong, by itself it looks nice, but It's like there's more emphasis on looks than gameplay.
Fighting system is cool with lots of combinations, but still feels repetitive.

I found myself looking up how long the game was to justify playing it. Because I would beat it in less than 10 hours and get it over with. I'll just get it over with now.

Maybe i'm just impatient as hell.
- Fallout 4
Looks great, gunplay's nice, but ultimately, way too shallow. Especially after 3 & New Vegas. Curious to see what Bethesda will attempt next, but I'll probably never buy another Fallout title from them, especially after 76.

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Fun game, & I'm sure amazing if you've never played anything like it, but I've found other games that I feel refined the formula better. Combat's too quick & building up your base is too slow to me after being spoiled by newer titles that I feel did it better.

- Technomancer
Seemed interesting enough, but not fun enough to keep playing for the time invested or space taken on my hard drive.

- Stardew Valley
Try as I might, I just don't find it engaging or relaxing. It was nice going around town & getting to know the characters, but that's not enough to keep me playing. A real shame since I've only heard good things about this title.

- Wasteland 2
A fun setting & great ideas with poor execution, whether it's unclear mechanics or glitches rivalling Bethesda, I'm done trying to figure out what's what. What I DID play was fun. Mostly.
Unfortunately, I have to quit Dragon Quest 3 SFC (with English patch) due to a rather serious bug: If you create too many characters, the game may crash on loading a save, before you regain control.

If you want a reasonably bug free version of Dragon Quest 3, and aren't considering the phone or later releases, your two options are as follows:

1. The SFC version *without* the translation patch. This version, of course, is in Japanese, but it has superior graphics and audio, cursor memory of spells cast outside of combat, and better view compared to the GBC version. There is, however, a known bug that can resuit in item duplication, but I am not sure what triggers it (apparently it involves moving the Magic Key in the bag, something that it is never necessary to do).

2. The English GBC version (under the title Dragon Warrior 3). This version has the most content, is in English, and the only significant bug is triggered by losing stats while playing Pachisi. That bug can be avoided by resetting if a stat goes down or by using a throwaway character (as the bug only affects the character who triggers it), and someone posted a Game Genie code that would fix that bug. Note that the Japanese GBC version is not a good choice; there is a memory corruption bug involving the inventory that could easily be triggered by accident (just use a Chimera Wing, cancel out of it, and do some inventory manipulation) and which could softlock you by destroying something important.

Note that the original version of the game (on the Famicom and its NES counterpart) is not a good choice here, as there are many bugs, including the well-known Parry/Fight bug (if you have somebody parry, then cancel the command), the character still gets the defense boost that round. One nasty bug is that, if you create too many characters, the Hero will learn a few combat spells, but will be forever unable to use those spells outside of combat; this list includes Return, which is a spell that you will rarely (if ever) use during combat, but will really want to use outside of combat.
WiteNoiz: - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Fun game, & I'm sure amazing if you've never played anything like it, but I've found other games that I feel refined the formula better. Combat's too quick & building up your base is too slow to me after being spoiled by newer titles that I feel did it better.
Which games did it better? Would be interested in some recommendations with that formula.
WiteNoiz: - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Acriz: Which games did it better? Would be interested in some recommendations with that formula.
^^^ This. Same here, I think I played through it 3 times, just to try different character types for my unit to get through to the end. As far as the base building, I personally felt the build up time was petty much spot on...enough to grab new technology to keep you in the fight, but not so quick as to make you overpowered and the game too easy. Just my opinion of course, but I also would be interested in what games you found used the XCOM:EU type formula even better, as I'd definitely take a look at them as well.
New Thread for 2019:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_quit_in_2019