It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Quitted Punch Club. I had a problem with a bug that would not allow me to wake up from sleeping. I deleted the game 'cause huge backlog to play ☻
DubConqueror: Well, I didn't die because of lack of ammo, I still had revolver ammo, shotgun ammo, batteries and flares left each time I died, it's really a case of reflexes not being fast enough. Due to my mental illness, I'm mostly tired all of the time (and thus not very 'fit' reflex-wise) and seek in games a refuge without insurmountable problems, so I'll just try to find games that are more easy for me and stay clear of buying action games in the future, just like I stay clear of RTS games where I always get overwhelmed by too many tasks at hand in real time at the same time.
If that's the case then you are right: apparently these games are not for you. But with so many other genres I'm sure you will find something nice to play :)
I quit two games so far this year:

ELEX, which I wanted desperately to love but couldn't overcome its glitches and lack of polish and writing finesse

AND...

Fingers crossed, I'm attempting to quit WoW again.

Why quit WoW you ask? I don't like paying $15 a month for something I hardly use.
So far Tomb Raider (2013) is the only game I have given up on this year. Incredibly boring and repetive Hollywood-oozing spectacle. It centres around cheap tricks and effects rather than substance.
ApexProcyon: So far Tomb Raider (2013) is the only game I have given up on this year. Incredibly boring and repetive Hollywood-oozing spectacle. It centres around cheap tricks and effects rather than substance.
TR 2013 I loved, Rise of the Tomb Raider, which apparently has a better story, I still haven't finished. TR 2013 was the first game I completed when I got my GTX 1060 though, and the first game I could max out with such high quality graphics (for the time) in practically forever, so there was probably some positive association through the graphics card.

EDIT: It's possible that I'm mistaken and I finished TR 2013 when I first bought this pc I'm currently using, in which case it stands it was the first game I could max in a while but was actually played on an RX 380 and NOT a 1060.
Post edited March 02, 2018 by CymTyr
CymTyr: Fingers crossed, I'm attempting to quit WoW again.

Why quit WoW you ask? I don't like paying $15 a month for something I hardly use.
I think I quit 3-4 times before it really took, though that was long ago. Went back a few years later just to test it out, and with most of my old friends moved on, it wasn't nearly as compelling. Good luck!

For me I've got a Kongregate two-fer:

1) Kingdom Rush Frontiers

Loved the first game. This one just feels...exactly the same with just a few minor tweaks and bells/whistles? Was testing it out to see if it was worth buying it, and through 5-6 levels, I think the answer is no, even at the $3.50 or so bundle price it was on.

Though I'm quitting the Kongregate version mostly because it's dumping my save games and every time I load up I have to start over, and it's just not compelling enough to sit and play it through in one go vs. the other games waiting in my queue. It doesn't seem to be a cookie issue.

Don't get me wrong - if I had come to this one before playing the first I'd be stoked to buy it and keep going. There is a good game there. I just feel like I've played it before and would prefer to use my time/money elsewhere for now. Will likely pick it up down the road.

2) AdVenture Capitalist (android version)

As clicker/idlers go, this one has a lot of polish on the surface. The play on words in the title derives from the game offering slight bonuses for watching advertisements. You can easily end up watching a loooot of them. Which would be less annoying if the game didn't also strongly steer you towards cash transactions.

You won't notice it quite as much the first 2-3 days, even playing a lot, you'll still progress fairly quickly relative to where you started (5-12x growth in a few hours, even mostly idling). That said, there doesn't seem to be any mid-game at all here, other than a very long, long grind, if you haven't plugged some cash into it. Now I'm lucky to get 2x improvement out of 8-12 hours, even logging in regularly and watching videos for buffs.

It's just not well designed as a game, though it does seem fairly cleverly designed as a revenue generator. I thought I was fooling the game by idling during most of the ads - they get revenue, I go do other things. Win-win, right? But it's never-ending, and in mid-game, the bonuses you get from watching ads just aren't worth enough unless you've spent real cash to boost them up. 2x boost means nothing when you need a 100,000 boost to actually progress.

Based on other reviews the PC version uses Battleeye as an anti-cheat measure, even though the game seems to be fairly hackable regardless (I did not try, personally).

I get where they were going here, and there are a few features that tempt my addiction (there are multiple worlds, so you can be "idle" on one world while working on another - that's pretty ingenious esp. since for most buffs you'd need to spend separate cash for each world), but it just doesn't seem to quite come together into anything after the reasonable charm of the early game.

TLDR: early game is pretty well-designed, and they've figured out how to monetize the absolute **** out of this game, but it doesn't hold up if you aren't willing to pump what appears to be significant $$ into it, on top of watching a ton of in-game ads.
Post edited March 05, 2018 by bler144
Millie
Zombillie

Quit both. I like the puzzle element, but you need to make fast decisions and you cannot see the whole level at once, which make the gameplay a bit frustrating for me. I think life's too short to continue.

By the way - if you want to check, from these two I'd rather recommend Zombillie. It has more interesting graphical style ;) and music is not as frustrating as in Millie.
Attachments:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. At the end of the first level, an on-screen prompt tells me to press certain keys in order to pass a QTE. But the keys it tells me to press are not the ones that I actually need to press. Through trial & error, I eventually happen to mash the right keys on my keyboard and pass the QTE.

In the middle of the second level, I'm fighting an AT-ST and just as I'm about to destroy it, a QTE takes control from me and again demands I press certain keys that do not have any relation to the keys that I actually need to press. But this time the game forces me to die because I did not press the "correct" keys within a couple of seconds of the demand appearing. So trial & error doesn't even work any more. I reloaded that section about two more times, and died for the same stupid reason each time. Then I quit.

Slain: Back from Hell. I played for half an hour and died about 50-60 times. Also, my fingers were hurting as a result of the awkward keystrokes I had to make constantly in order to try and play that game with a keyboard. Then I quit.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II. Every time a cutscene would play, the screen suddenly became extremely letter-boxed, which always instantly ruins my immersion. When I searched the web for a solution, the closest thing I found was a guy on Steam forums suggesting to use a hex editor to fix the problem. After concluding that I probably won't be able to figure out how to make the cutscenes display properly, I quit.
Post edited March 06, 2018 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Slain: Back from Hell. I played for half an hour and died about 50-60 times. Also, my fingers were hurting as a result of the awkward keystrokes I had to make constantly in order to try and play that game with a keyboard. Then I quit.
I finished it, would never play it with a keyboard though.
This game is made for game-pads and is also one of the few new ones that still natively support dInput.
It's still hard, although easier if you use jump attacks more frequently since they break the enemy rhythm.
Post edited March 07, 2018 by Klumpen0815
Unfortunately, while I was mostly enjoying it, I feel compelled to quit Shaman Games "Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune CE".

4 times in under an hour of play the game has locked up both the game itself and some task manager functions (and twice in the past 10 minutes), so you can't force quit the application, and waiting 3-5 minutes didn't do any good. The only things that worked were force rebooting or signing out of the user account.

It was actually somewhat charming in a frog princey sort of way, but just not enough for the technical headache, alas.
Here's a surprise, I've temp quit Divinity OS1/2 as the choices and paths that branch out so much is rather overwhelming! It's that I have to step back and take a breather, I also want to savour the game so it lasts for eternity!
CymTyr: TR 2013 I loved, Rise of the Tomb Raider, which apparently has a better story, I still haven't finished.
Spoiler Alert: It does not. ;)
CymTyr: TR 2013 I loved, Rise of the Tomb Raider, which apparently has a better story, I still haven't finished.
Leroux: Spoiler Alert: It does not. ;)
Thanks for that, Leroux. I'm debating on finishing it still.
Silent Storm

Playing the Allies campaign, I quit when the PK showed up. Too tough and what a hit to the game pace they brought. Really hate them.

So I tried the no-pk mod.....and could never finish the last mission due to bugs.

I'm really sad as the game was really great! I might eventually give the Axis campaign a try...with the no-pk mod again.
Post edited March 08, 2018 by poulpy72
As far as non-gog/steam games I quit Mad max, Rise of the tomb raider, MGSV, Just cause 3, and Batman Arkham knight due to being locked out of those denuvo-infected games for nearly a fuckin' month...Once I get the unofficial backups I'll start them up again, because fuck you steam/AAA denuvo-whoreing cunts!