It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ciemnogrodzianin: Doki Doki Literature Club

I know that a lot of people likes these games. So - hey - I respect you, guys. Have fun! Just, well, without me.
I tried this game a few months ago and had the same feeling, I wanted to give it chance but I just couldn't slog through.
ciemnogrodzianin: Doki Doki Literature Club

I know that a lot of people likes these games. So - hey - I respect you, guys. Have fun! Just, well, without me.
01kipper: I tried this game a few months ago and had the same feeling, I wanted to give it chance but I just couldn't slog through.
My daughters love this one. I don't get the fascination. Not my kind of game. I'll stick to my massive GOG backlog.
I heard some positive things about Nevergrind, so I thought I'd give it a try. I deleted my character two hours in. I don't normally give up that quickly, but one of the early bosses was ridiculously overpowered. Upgrading my best skills and equipment didn't amount to jack, so I threw in the towel after my sixth consecutive death. More generally, the game wasn't fun enough to warrant investing any more time into it.
Attachments:
bye.png (443 Kb)
Post edited June 04, 2018 by lanipcga
Tooth and Tail

Quite interesting setting. I've tried tempted by free Steam weekend, but after an hour I had to surrender. I'm really terrible in strategies, especially RTS/fast-paced ones.
Attachments:
Megabyte Punch

Cleaning my backlog. Another game received for free. Not my genre, but after half an hour I can easily imagine that someone may have a lot of fun with the game.
Attachments:
Conkers Bad Fur Day

The Rare Replay version, which is just the N64 original running under emulation. The camera sucks ass, the horizontal camera control is backwards in the sections that allow camera control. It all makes it a chore to play, I completed 3 chapters and gave up. To top it all off the game isn't really all that funny unless you think shit and fart jokes are funny.
Manual Samuel (Steam)

In this game you play a character who has just died, and you need to control every aspect of his body manually (moving individual legs to walk, blinking, breathing). The gameplay is very linear, there is a story that unfolds and tasks you need to accomplish one by one.

The fun is the awkward controls, like Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, and Octodad. Although Manual Samuel isn't as good as those other titles, it is still OK and fun (especially the first half of the game)... and then you start encountering some enemies you have to fight which is less fun, but manageable, until the final boss level. Ugh. I hate boss levels at the best of times, and this game just makes it even worse! Annoying, frustrating, tedious, not a single smidgen of fun to be had. I was fighting the final boss for probably close to 30 minutes of my 2-hour playtime for this game, barely making any progress, and I thought: "Do I want to put myself through this just to finish the game?" Answer: "No, no I do not." And so I quit.

It's too bad that a horrible boss battle ruins an otherwise OK game, but unfortunately for that reason I cannot recommend it at all. Maybe if you really enjoy boss battles AND games with awkward controls then you might enjoy it, but everyone else should steer clear!
Post edited June 27, 2018 by 01kipper
https://www.gog.com/game/ys_the_oath_in_felghana

Bcuz Im done with artifical difficulty. Game itself is fine - probably one of best titles to play with controller on pc. But deez bosses... Their difficulty is completely random and unlinear. E.g you can cheese one, then get stuck on another. My breaking point was Gyalva. I've played on normal and this damn dragon is a goddamn oneshooting bullet spounge. I've tried various tactics from youtube, but still couldnt get it past 80% HP.

Maybe someday later. When I will be intrested enough to replay it since the very begining on easiest difficulty. But not today. Im all about "souls-like" difficulty, but this is just unfair and boring
Post edited June 27, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
I can add Sacred to this list. It got boring really quickly, with seemingly little emphasis on the story or why I should care about it. The characters I encountered seemed to have the personality of cardboard and my battlemage had basically no reason to cast anything other than the 2 or 3 spells he was using each time. I found the gameplay rather repetitive.
Dungeons of Dredmor (steam summer sale)

It wasn't terrible, but wasn't especially fun either. I was still <2 hours, so I requested a refund. With my budget $3.50 ain't nothing to just throw away.

If I get a hankering for that genre, i should probably just go back and make some headway on ToME, which I started a few years ago though...that's probably not going to happen. That one is at least somewhat closer to what I want in an RPG (some semblance of place and story) that are lacking here.

It does have a lighter mood than ToME, which I do appreciate, but the combat feels fairly shallow, and again, it could have benefited -imo - from any attempt at a story.
Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Takes the illustrious mantle of "my worst game ever" from none other than Star Wars Rogue Squadron III, which itself took it from Star Wars Rebel Assault. It seems that me and Star wars games don't always get along.

This one is ugly, even at 4K...some things cannot be fixed by resolution. I got to the end of level 2 before quitting and got stuck on terrain 3 times. The camera is all over the place and I have trouble just facing the enemy. Speaking of enemies they pop in out of thin air right in front of you. Then there are the terrible QTE's.

And those are the games good points! Then there are the controls. The main problem being, half the time you're not, in fact, actually in control. The game just loves to pull the controls off you to do it's thing, then hand them back leaving you facing the wrong way and soon to be stun locked. It's funny reading some GoG reviews that agree with my findings and blaming it all on being a console port. I'm playing the console version and these controls were not made for console, I don't know what the fuck they were designed for!

I was attracted to it because I've heard it described as Star Wars Devil May Cry. This isn't fit to wipe DmC's asshole.

I was going to play Bayonetta. I should have played Bayonetta.
Post edited July 06, 2018 by CMOT70
I tried playing Return of Krondor, but the controls of that game are so unintuitive and awkward it's not worth the bother. Horrible issues with confusing camera perspectives. And other annoyances like no subtitles for dialogues (audio only...something like this should be prohibited).
Uninstalled it again after a few minutes.
If I could delete it from my account, I would.
morolf: If I could delete it from my account, I would.
You can "hide game" so it doesn't display in the main library, at least.
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

The game has a lot of positive reviews, but for me it was an hour of frustration. Puzzle aspect may be even interesting, but it's ruined by physics. You can push, pull, cut and use rockets on subjects. It's quite intriguing at first and even quite fun when dying. Then it becomes just annoying, when you have an idea what to do and you're struggling with putting all the pieces together. Also there are checkpoints, but games seems to restart the level from the beginning, when you leave it.

The game is quite short (it should take about 3h to complete it), but I just didn't like it and decided to save the remaining 2h of my precious spare time.
ciemnogrodzianin: Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

The game has a lot of positive reviews, but for me it was an hour of frustration. Puzzle aspect may be even interesting, but it's ruined by physics. You can push, pull, cut and use rockets on subjects. It's quite intriguing at first and even quite fun when dying. Then it becomes just annoying, when you have an idea what to do and you're struggling with putting all the pieces together. Also there are checkpoints, but games seems to restart the level from the beginning, when you leave it.

The game is quite short (it should take about 3h to complete it), but I just didn't like it and decided to save the remaining 2h of my precious spare time.
I finished it but also found it pretty meh.