It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My list so far:
- 01/04 - Alum
- 01/07 - Hatoful Boyfriend
- 01/08 - Please Don’t Touch Anything
- 01/16 - Legend of Grimrock
- 01/21 - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (team path)
- 01/31 - Rambo
- 02/06 - Kimmy
- 02/17 - South Park: The Stick of Truth
- 02/19 - Loom
- 03/03 - Resident Evil 4
- 03/03 - Resident Evil 4 - Assignment Ada
- 03/11 - Resident Evil 4 - Separate Ways
- 03/13 - ABZU
- 03/16 - D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
- 03/21 - The Swapper
- 03/25 - Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
- 03/25 - Brawe: An Unexpected Intermission
- 04/26 - Mass Effect
- 05/02 - Her Story
- 05/04 - The Walking Dead Season 3 - Episode 3
- 05/05 - The Walking Dead Season 3 - Episode 4
- 05/13 - Hero of the Kingdom II
- 05/18 - Broken Sword V: The Serpent's Curse
- 05/24 - Hitman GO
- 06/08 - Alan Wake
- 06/09 - The Walking Dead Season 3 - Episode 5
- 06/13 - Alan Wake - The Signal
- 06/15 - Alan Wake - The Writer
- 06/17 - Edna & Harvey - Harvey’s New Eyes
- 06/22 - INSIDE
- 06/27 - Shadow of the Comet
- 07/04 - The Perils of Man
- 07/29 - Shadowrun Returns
- 08/02 - Kathy Rain
- 08/08 - Little Nightmares
- 08/12 - The Silent Age
- 08/30 - A Golden Wake
- 09/02 - Between Me and the Night
- 09/28 - Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
- 09/28 - Dirty Split
- 10/02 - Borderlands
- 10/05 - Escape Goat
- 10/09 - Space Pilgrim Episode 1
- 10/12 - Night in the Woods
- 10/28 - Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
- 11/08 - Dishonored
- 11/13 - Pyre
- 11/17 - Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy - Episode 1
- 11/19 - Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy - Episode 2
- 11/21 - Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy - Episode 3
- 11/24 - Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy - Episode 4
- 11/26 - Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy - Episode 5
- 11/29 - Distraint
- 12/08 - Space Pilgrim Episode 2
- 12/10 - Transformers Devastation
- 12/18 - Borderlands - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
- 12/19 - Framed (Android)
- 12/23 - Space Pilgrim Episode 3
- 12/30 - Space Pilgrim Episode 4

My previous years lists:
Post edited December 31, 2017 by sebarnolds
<span class="bold">Grim Legends 3: The Dark City</span>

My first game finished in 2017. Another nice HOPA from Artifex Mundi, if you liked their previous games you'll enjoy this one too.
My first game of 2017 is Hexcells Infinite, on Steam.

The Hexcell games are inspired by Minesweep, clearly. You're given a hexagonal grid of yellow tiles, each of which should be turned blue or black. Black tiles may tell you how many blue tiles are adjacent to them (or may just show a question mark). As you progress further in the game, new types of clues start to appear, so you may be told how many blue tiles are in a row, or that a black tile has two blue tiles next to it, but that they do not touch each other. Enough information is given that this can be viewed as a pure puzzle game, unlike Minesweep: you should never need to use any guesswork.

I kind of mainlined the Hexcells series; there are three games (Hexcells, Hexcells Plus, Hexcells Infinite), and I burned through them in the space of a week or two. Hexcells is easy and relaxing, but Plus and Infinite got quite difficult towards the end. Although you could theoretically use guesswork to cudgel your way through the tougher puzzles (your score decreases, but you don't need a perfect score to advance), that would seem to kind of defeat the point; I played sudden death, where any mistake restarted the puzzle. It was frustrating as hell when I was doing well before a dumb mistake ruined everything, but when I clicked that last hexagon, it was extremely satisfying.

Recommended for fans of puzzle games.

(Hexcells Infinite has a randomized level generator, plus an achievement for beating at least sixty such levels, but after playing the Hexcells series back to back, I kind of think that's probably enough for now.)
Post edited January 02, 2017 by BadDecissions
include me

2009:
Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

Best game finished in 2009: Fallout
Worst game finished in 2009: C&C3: Kane's Wrath

2010:
Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

Best game finished in 2010: Final Fantasy VII
Worst game finished in 2010: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

2011:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2 GotY, Plants vs. Zombies, Neverwinter Nights, Resistance 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Left 4 Dead (Advanced), Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Best game finished in 2011: Bioshock
Worst game finished in 2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:
Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Descent: Freespace - The Great War, Portal, Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem (iOS), Army of Darkness: Defense (iOS), Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Fallout 3 add-ons (Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta), Wet, Silent Hill, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

Best game finished in 2012: Demon's Souls
Worst game finished in 2012: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned

2013:
StarCraft, Back to the Future: The Game

Best game finished in 2013: StarCraft
Worst game finished in 2013: Back to the Future: The Game

2014:
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Planescape: Torment, Killzone 2, Penumbra: Overture, Penumbra: Black Plague, Penumbra: Requiem, Bioshock 2 + Minerva's Den, ICO, StarCraft: Brood War, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Wasteland, Phantasmagoria, The Witcher (including New Adventures), Far Cry (FCAM 1.99)

Best game finished in 2014: StarCraft: Brood War
Worst game finished in 2014: Far Cry (FCAM 1.99)

2015:
Magicka, Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest, Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars, Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast (hard), Half-Life 2: Episode One (hard), Half-Life 2: Episode Two (hard), Carmageddon

Best game finished in 2015: Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut
Worst game finished in 2015: Magicka

2016:
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, James Pond 2: Codename RoboCod (Amiga AGA), Carmageddon Splat Pack, Superfrog (Amiga), Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror Remastered, Broken Sword 2.5: Baphomets Fluch, King’s Quest: Quest for the Crown, Path of Exile, Left 4 Dead 2 (Advanced), Papers, Please, ALLTYNEX Second

Best game finished in 2016: Superfrog (Amiga)
Worst game finished in 2016: Carmageddon Splat Pack

2017:
Payday: The Heist
Post edited April 21, 2017 by damien
Include me.

Thanks.

List:

(01/02/2017)
Dead Space
(01/04/2017)
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love (Saturn)
(01/16/2017)
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
(02/04/2017)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
(03/02/2017)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
(03/08/2017)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
(03/10/2017)
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
(03/16/2017)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
(03/18/2017)
God of War 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
(03/23/2017)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA)
(03/25/2017)
Mushroom Men the Spore Wars
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
(03/26/2017)
Battletoads: Arcade
Centipede: Infestation
(03/31/2017)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
(04/10/2017)
Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
(05/18/2017)
Chrono Cross
(05/17/2017)
The Witcher 3: Wild hunt
(05/18/2017)
The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone
(05/23/2017)
The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
(06/10/2017)
Fire Emblem: Echoes Shadows of Valentia
(6/17/2017)
Quake
(7/30/2017)
Soldier of Fortune
(7/31/2017)
Half Life
(08/01/2017)
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life: Blue Shift
(08/05/2017)
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
(08/10/2017)
Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix
(08/13/2017)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
(09/10/017)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
(09/13/2017)
House of the Dead: Overkill
(09/17/2017)
Gears of War 4
(09/23/2017)
Transformers: Devastation
(10/13/2017)
Gungriffon- The Eurasian Conflict
(10/17/2017)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmny
(10/21/2017)
Super Mario RPG- Legend of the Seven Stars
(12/13/2017)
Resident Evil 5
(12/28/2017)
Age of Mythology: The Titans
Post edited December 29, 2017 by AnimalMother117
In progress:
- DOOM (PC)
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (3DS)
- Tales of Hearts R (PSVita)
- God of War Ascension (PS3)
- Ni No Kuni (PS3)
- Knack (PS4)

Somehow writing here the games "in progress" I am hoping I'll finish them sooner :D

Finished:
01 | 10.01.2017 - The Last Guardian (PS4)
02 | 21.01.2017 - Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
03 | 12.02.2017 - The Witness (PC)
04 | 02.04.2017 - Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
05 | 08.04.2017 - Rayman Legends (PS4) - 700/700 Teensies saved :)
06 | 22.04.2017 - Full Throttle Remastered (PC)
07 | 17.06.2017 - Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
08 | 21.06.2017 - The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS3)
09 | 27.07.2017 - Assassin's Creed Chronicles China (PS Vita)
10 | 07.08.2017 - Overcooked (PS4)
11 | 07.08.2017 - Guns, Gore & Cannoli (PS4)
12 | 07.09.2017 - Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy (PS4)
13 | 11.09.2017 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
14 | 23.09.2017 - Thimbleweed Park (PC)
15 | 09.10.2017 - Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
16 | 03.12.2017 - Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (PS4)
17 | 29.12.2017 - Yoshi's Woolly World (WiiU)
Post edited December 29, 2017 by JediEagle
Include me.

Thanks.
Velocity Ultra is a futuristic vertical shoot-em-up where you just blast enemies to smithereens. OK, not really. It's a vertical shoot-em-up where you'll have to navigate difficult terrain via your powers of teleportation and scroll boosting, rescue survivors and blast enemies to smithereens.

So, how does it work? Being a vertical-scrolling shooter, the game's screen automatically scrolls upwards, but it does it a bit too slowly and we can't have that. Enter the scroll booster; by holding down a button, the game starts scrolling significantly faster, while releasing it will slow it down to its previous rate. You'll have to alternate between slow and fast speed, so that you don't accidentally get stuck into one of the game's many walls/obstacles. But what can you do when one of them completely stops your progression? Simple, teleport through them. That's right, you can totally do so either by holding a button and moving the stick to your desired location or just touch the screen to where you want to go (must be enabled via the options first). Of course, neither of the two powers will be enough to get you through the game, for they will do no good against the game's enemies and switches.

That's why you have a weak pea-shooter (which can be upgraded both temporarily and permanently) and the significantly stronger bombs. Unlike the pea-shooter which can only shoot forward, the bombs can be flung in any of the four directions (up, down, left, right), allowing you to attack enemies from your side or behind you. They also allow you to destroy switches, which are responsible for the game's harmful force fields. Destroy a specific number of switches (from 1-9) in the correct order and it will deactivate the force field that is the same colour as the switches (e.g. red switch for red force field). Hit the switches in the wrong order and you will have to start from the beginning. In the early stages, this will be a simple and straightforward task. In latter stages... not so much.

You see, the latter stages are not completely linear and will require you to return to places you have already passed by in order to destroy the switches in the correct order. Doubly true if you plan on perfecting a stage (being quick, collecting all survivor pods and destroying as many enemies as possible), which while not completely necessary, will help you with the experience requirement which is necessary to unlock later levels. For this purpose, the game supplies you with telepods. When you place one of them in a specific place, you can use the game's map to teleport back to it. In each stage, you'll have a limited number of telepods, so make them count, otherwise you may need to restart the stage.

Not that the stages are particulary long or difficult. Overall, the game is kinda easy if you just focus on beating it instead of going for high scores.Hell, there wasn't any significant difficulty in high score-hunting that couldn't be resolved by some good memorization. Well, aside Vita's second analog stick refusing to cooperate properly in bomb-hurling and teleportation controls not being as smooth, when you are under pressure.

In the end, I found Velocity Ultra a nice little game. It could stand to be more difficult and prettier (while the art style is nice and clean, the game is severely lacking in the enemy design department and the explosions leave a lot to be desired).

Complete list.

Link to the official site:
http://www.futurlab.co.uk/games/velocity-ultra
Post edited January 24, 2017 by Grargar
Finished 'Life is Strange', I liked it, pretty neat gam...errr...story. :P

Plus, I finished a couple Thea runs this year, some more successful than others.
SquareCells, Steam

Same basic concept as Hexcells (same developer), with different specifics. You have a grid of yellow squares, use the given clues to either accept or reject each square. No in-game guesswork needed, although in the later stages I was once sort of forced to guess; I had to copy the pattern on a piece of paper and try first accepting and then rejecting a certain square to see which lead to a contradiction down the line. Of course, there might have been a smarter way to do it.

I liked Hexcells and I liked SquareCells (why the different capitalization?), but now it really is time to move onto something different, I think. Look to see Megami Tensei II beaten soon, if all goes well.
INCLUDE ME. I ORDER YOU!

January
Heavenly Sword (PS3) - Normal Mode
Sid Meier's Civilization (PC) - Warlord difficulty on random map
Master of Orion (1993) (PC) - Humans, easy difficulty
Master of Orion (1993) (PC) - Psilons, normal difficulty
Armed and Dangerous (PC) - Normal difficulty

February
Turok (2015) (PC) - Normal difficulty

March
Batman: Arkham City (PS3) - Normal Difficulty
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3) - Normal Difficulty
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) - Normal difficulty

April
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (PS3) - Normal difficulty

May
Driver (PS1 version on PS3) - Medium difficulty
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3) - Normal difficulty

June
Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4) - Normal difficulty
Infamous: Second Son (PS4) - Normal difficulty, Good karma

July
Destiny (PS4) - Main storyline, Hunter Class
Destiny (PS4) - The Dark Below (DLC), Hunter Class
Ico HD (PS3)
Destiny (PS4) - House of Wolves, Hunter Class
Until Dawn (PS4)
The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Hard difficulty

August
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD (PS3) - Normal difficulty
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow HD (PS3) - Normal difficulty

September
Daylight (PS4) - Normal difficulty
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox One) - Normal Difficulty
Halo 2 (Xbox One) - Normal Difficulty
Halo 3 (Xbox One) - Normal Difficulty

October
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox One) - Normal Difficulty
Halo: Reach (X360 game on Xbox One) - Normal Difficulty
Layers of Fear (PS4)
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation HD (PS3)

November
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (X360 version on Xbox One) - Normal Difficulty
Mass Effect (PS3) - Normal difficulty, Soldier, Paragon

December
Assassin's Creed IV: Freedom Cry (PS4)
Post edited December 17, 2017 by F4LL0UT
Include me

Jan: Lara Croft GO
Rebel Galaxy
Space Pirates And Zombies

May: Neir Automata
June: Embers of Mirrim
July: Nier Automata
August: Diablo 3 (360 console)
ShadowRun (SNES)
Metal Gear Rising - Revengence (PS3)
Braid
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Post edited August 27, 2017 by rtcvb32
Include me

To the Moon plus Holiday Minisodes plus The Mirror Lied
Moirai
Limbo
The Shivah
Bastion
Back to the Future: The Game
Bookworm Adventures Vol 2
Deja Vu
League of Lonely Geologists
The Wolf Among Us
Reigns
Hard Reset Redux
Capitalism 2
Metal Slug
Escape Goat
Papers Please
The Last Door Seasons 1 &amp; 2
Tower of Guns
Pony Island
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Osmos

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2017/post947
Post edited September 26, 2017 by ofthenexus
Path of Exile (Act 4, Normal)

Had played through the game (Act 3 when that was the full questline - as Marauder) 2 or so years back, so came at the game knowing the basics, but with a different character/build. Witch built for flame channeling was incredibly powerful against trash, but struggled a bit against bosses that required movement - kills were pretty slow.

Similar builds on boards/vids were all much more functional around lvl 80+, and I think I maxed out at 44. Have the option now to replay the game on Cruel and then Nightmare or whatever the endgame setting is after that, and lots of people say the game comes together then.

And I can kinda imagine that - better gear, a broader selection of spells, more flex in tying your build to spells/gear out of the huge array of talents/paths one can choose. But ...I feel like the leveling itself is pretty so-so, so not particularly pumped to replay the same exact levels/quest line just at a higher difficulty.

Kinda of like some of the reviews of D3, maybe the end-game really does make it all come together, but leveling really feels more like a grind than a delightful journey. Which maybe is a function of having played the first three acts before - the new 4th act felt the best to me. Whether that was not having seen it, or the fact it was developed much more recently IDK.

A very functional, truly F2P action RPG, it's definitely worth messing around with for fans of the genre. Whether it's worth investing the cash in new bank tabs or grinding 30-40 hours just to open up the 'real' game, well, that's pretty entirely a matter of opinion.

Pros:
Wide array of builds
Anything you actually 'need' to play the game is truly free

Cons:
Talent path can be overwhelming for a new player,
Even if you have a build in mind you may or may not get the spell drops to make it sparkle, though on normal difficulty even a sucky build will probably get you through as long as you have some aoe/multi-target damage.
Environments/fights vary quite a bit in interest/quality
Post edited January 04, 2017 by bler144
Beyond Oasis/The Story of Thor. You know how a lot of 2D games today boast of having "beautiful pixel art" even though they're often just sort of okay-looking? Games like Beyond Oasis are why those sales pitches are unfortunate because Beyond Oasis is GORGEOUS. It's seriously one of the best-looking 16-bit games I can think of offhand. Just so colorful, well-drawn characters and environments, nice animation. It also has a soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro. When the end-credits roll, his name appears in very big letters.

Not only is it a nice-looking game, but it plays pretty well, too. It's like a Zelda-style action game but more linear. You can roam a little bit but mostly you're asked to go in a specific direction and getting there won't even take you more than a couple of screens instead of all the way across the map like you might see in Zelda. When you start combat, your guy will unleash a flurry of moves like he's a martial arts master, so it feels good to really lay into the bad guys (I've been comparing this to Zelda, but it's really more like a fantasy beat-em-up). There's some light puzzle-solving and you gain magical familiars as go that can aid you in various ways. It's a well-rounded experience and it's not too long - my game clock shows I beat it in just over six hours, and that was probably extended by my dithering about occasionally.