It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hmm... GOG is eating my posts again...
Well, my eyes are already closing, so I think I'll give up and go to sleep.
Have a good evenight, everyone. Take care! :-)
**Big hugs all around**
l0rdtr3k: I'm posing a lot,playing Dragon Quest and Darksiders and poking fun at some stuff.
ALmost forgot,wrapping my head around on how the hell do I install the Earthsiege\Tribes games because Hi Rez released them as freeware but didn't optimized them to actually run on modern OSs,just released the ISOs and called it a day.
I have not played any of those games, although I have heard of the first two. :-)

penumbren: ...
Hello!

It seems like you have been having a rough time these last few months. I am very glad to hear things seem to be looking up, especially with Christmas soon approaching. Let's hope thinks keep improving for you and your family. And it is very nice to see you again.

*big hug*

FearfulSymmetry: Definitely true. This book is divided in two distinctive styles/genres, and while I liked one half I thought the other part of the book was very boring.

It's quite nice. I finally went and got Dreamfall Chapters even though I haven't finished the earlier games yet. I also got one mystery game just for the excitement of having a surprise. I got a King's Bounty game, which is not something I would have purchased for myself, but I might fire it up at some point. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the sale, although I'll try not to buy much as I've already spent too much money on frivolous things. :P
Another thing that used to annoy me with the books we had to read was that they seemed to pick the rarest books possible, ones that were so expensive or extremely hard to get hold of.

I was tempted to give a mystery game a try, but I think I will leave it for now. There are a few games I see on my wishlist, but I think I will keep up my usual tradition and just skip getting any games for myself this sale. I still have a lot in my backlog to keep me occupied. :-)

AgentBirdnest: Hmm... GOG is eating my posts again...
Well, my eyes are already closing, so I think I'll give up and go to sleep.
Have a good evenight, everyone. Take care! :-)
**Big hugs all around**
Goodnight, Agent! Sleep well and pleasant dreams!

*big goodnight hug*
Post edited December 03, 2015 by ddickinson
penumbren: ...
It's good to hear that everything is getting better after so many troubles.
My best wishes for you and your family!
Post edited December 03, 2015 by LeoLR
Good evening everyone *tired hugs and waves*

Just returned from work - really looking forward to my new job ;)

I see that the mystery games bug is fixed - that's good :)

How are you all doing?
ElTerprise: Good evening everyone *tired hugs and waves*

Just returned from work - really looking forward to my new job ;)

I see that the mystery games bug is fixed - that's good :)

How are you all doing?
Good evening, ELT! *return hug*

That is good to hear, hopefully you will really enjoy the new job, and the fact you won't be out in the cold.

Was it broken? How are you liking the sale?
ddickinson: Good evening, ELT! *return hug*

That is good to hear, hopefully you will really enjoy the new job, and the fact you won't be out in the cold.

Was it broken? How are you liking the sale?
Good evening DD *big hug*
Thank you...well it wasn't bad today weather wise or something like that but i way home is usually a bit tense because i need one of the last connections from the public transport...if i miss anything i would have to wait for night buses....

Yup. The "mystery games" did not reveal their true identity for me - but now everything is fine :)
Well haven't had that much to actually check the sale but i appreciate that Shovel Knight is actually on sale :)
ElTerprise: Good evening DD *big hug*
Thank you...well it wasn't bad today weather wise or something like that but i way home is usually a bit tense because i need one of the last connections from the public transport...if i miss anything i would have to wait for night buses....

Yup. The "mystery games" did not reveal their true identity for me - but now everything is fine :)
Well haven't had that much to actually check the sale but i appreciate that Shovel Knight is actually on sale :)
That is one good thing then about your new job. Plus I would imagine it has more suitable hours for you as well?

That is a strange bug. Did you end up winning something good? Has Shovel Knight not been on sale before?

*return hug*
penumbren: Hi, everyone! I think I might finally be settled a bit, so I wanted to pop in. It's been a while! I've had some pretty major family things going on, so for the next month-plus, I'm several hours north of where we currently live, staying with my grandparents.

To put this in context: My grandparents raised me, and I'm very close to all of my aunts/uncles/cousins, regardless of generation. A little over a month ago, my great-uncle (grandfather's brother) was in a car accident and fractured two of his vertebrae. He had surgery and has since finished rehab and is doing great. About five days later, my grandfather had a stroke. Within the day, he was taken to hospital, had the blood clot removed, and had managed to speak a little. He got home from rehab about a week ago and has recovered greatly - good mobility, good speech, some short-term memory problems, and some speech problems, but doing sooo much better than any of us had feared. Shortly after that, my best friend had to have an MRI to determine the cause of her head pains - that fortunately turned out to be something relatively minor, and is treatable with medication.

So. Due to all of this, I've had a lot of things on my mind besides forums or gaming. This week, things seem to be calming down, and I'm finally trying to get back into what little social activities I have. It's nice to be back where I consider "home," although under a much different set of circumstances than I would have preferred!

Hopefully everyone else has had a much better November and has a very good December indeed. (Soo glad that month is over!).
Hi, penumbren :-)

That's a tense few situations you and people you care about have been put through. Its a little scary not only that things like that can happen, but that they can happen at more or less the same time. A long while back I had a similar bunch of things to deal with and it felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Sorry you had to go though it, but it seems like the worst is over and you can now get your breath back. Better also that it was November it happened rather than now; having Christmas to look forward to is probably good medicine.
ddickinson: Hello!

It seems like you have been having a rough time these last few months. I am very glad to hear things seem to be looking up, especially with Christmas soon approaching. Let's hope thinks keep improving for you and your family. And it is very nice to see you again.

*big hug*
Thank you for the kind words. :) Things never really seem to come a little bit at a time, do they? I still remember a quote from one of the Young Guns movies: "When troubles come, they come not as spies, but as battalions." That about sums it up.

Hopefully you're doing better, as well. *big hugs back*

LeoLR: It's good to hear that everything is getting better after so many troubles.
My best wishes for you and your family!
Thank you! Things are getting better, although I'm beginning to suspect that my grandparents are going to spend the next several years arguing over everything; they're both hard of hearing, and that combined with my grandfather's aphasia (speech problem) isn't helping. *sigh* I think it'll get better, but it's hard to listen to without wanting to jump in, which of course would just make it all worse.

For now, I think I'm going to keep an eye on the sale and see if anything interests me and is within our budget. Well, for the next few days, anyway - I've signed up for Secret Santa again, so I can't spend too much of our limited funds on stuff for me! :D

Stilton: That's a tense few situations you and people you care about have been put through. Its a little scary not only that things like that can happen, but that they can happen at more or less the same time. A long while back I had a similar bunch of things to deal with and it felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Sorry you had to go though it, but it seems like the worst is over and you can now get your breath back. Better also that it was November it happened rather than now; having Christmas to look forward to is probably good medicine.
Heya! Yes indeed. What made it especially bad was that the two brothers couldn't see each other to reassure themselves they were both okay. My grandparents saw my great-uncle after his accident, but after the stroke.... :/ We made it better by organizing a FaceTime call on Thanksgiving so they could see and talk to each other a little bit, which helped a LOT. Two grouchy old men, both choked up and smiling ear to ear, is quite a sight to see!

I am looking forward to Christmas, although this'll be the first time we've really had to juggle families: My husband's family and my family are both in the same area, and this time I think we'll have to go to one or the other on the actual day. We've managed to avoid it in the past, but my family's a bit tetchy even though aunts and uncles have always done the alternating-family-alternating-years thing. Ah well. I'm just happy we'll have the whole famil(y/ies) around for this one. That's the best gift I could've gotten this year. :)
Post edited December 03, 2015 by penumbren
ddickinson: That is one good thing then about your new job. Plus I would imagine it has more suitable hours for you as well?

That is a strange bug. Did you end up winning something good? Has Shovel Knight not been on sale before?

*return hug*
Yes indeed and will definitely have better working hours for me :)

Well GOG without any bugs would be quite boring, wouldn't it? ;) And yes got some wishlist items from it and some games i'm not sure what to think of :)
I'm not entirely sure about that but it got a reputation for not being on sale that much here....
penumbren: Thank you for the kind words. :) Things never really seem to come a little bit at a time, do they? I still remember a quote from one of the Young Guns movies: "When troubles come, they come not as spies, but as battalions." That about sums it up.

Hopefully you're doing better, as well. *big hugs back*
That is very true, it never seems to be just one thing. But let's hope you are over the worst of all that now and that things will start to get much better.

I am doing okay, things are still not too good, but nothing I need to complain about.

*more hugs*

ElTerprise: Yes indeed and will definitely have better working hours for me :)

Well GOG without any bugs would be quite boring, wouldn't it? ;) And yes got some wishlist items from it and some games i'm not sure what to think of :)
I'm not entirely sure about that but it got a reputation for not being on sale that much here....
That is nice to hear, hopefully the games that you are not sure about will end up being enjoyable. I wonder if we will have some new releases scattered about the sale like we did with the last sale?
ddickinson: That is nice to hear, hopefully the games that you are not sure about will end up being enjoyable. I wonder if we will have some new releases scattered about the sale like we did with the last sale?
Hope so too - i'm open-minded about them and they'll all get a fair chance :) (even the anime games :P)

That would be great :)
Stilton: That's a tense few situations you and people you care about have been put through. Its a little scary not only that things like that can happen, but that they can happen at more or less the same time. A long while back I had a similar bunch of things to deal with and it felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Sorry you had to go though it, but it seems like the worst is over and you can now get your breath back. Better also that it was November it happened rather than now; having Christmas to look forward to is probably good medicine.
penumbren: Heya! Yes indeed. What made it especially bad was that the two brothers couldn't see each other to reassure themselves they were both okay. My grandparents saw my great-uncle after his accident, but after the stroke.... :/ We made it better by organizing a FaceTime call on Thanksgiving so they could see and talk to each other a little bit, which helped a LOT. Two grouchy old men, both choked up and smiling ear to ear, is quite a sight to see!

I am looking forward to Christmas, although this'll be the first time we've really had to juggle families: My husband's family and my family are both in the same area, and this time I think we'll have to go to one or the other on the actual day. We've managed to avoid it in the past, but my family's a bit tetchy even though aunts and uncles have always done the alternating-family-alternating-years thing. Ah well. I'm just happy we'll have the whole famil(y/ies) around for this one. That's the best gift I could've gotten this year. :)
Its a good thing everyone's in an accessible place. With a country the size of yours it could've been a whole lot more complicated. By comparison you can get anywhere in the UK you want to in four or five hours.

That FaceTime call sounds like something you won't forget. A moment to hang on to until you're their age and more. :-)
ElTerprise: Hope so too - i'm open-minded about them and they'll all get a fair chance :) (even the anime games :P)

That would be great :)
Anime games? Did you get the dating game? :-)

---

Can you all please give Soccorro a big kick square in the +1 for his lovely ninja gifting. Thank you!
ddickinson: Anime games? Did you get the dating game? :-)
Nope...thankfully that wasn't in the mystery box...but i got Agarest which is also very anime-looking and i'm not overly into anime / manga etc. I don't hate that kind of art style but it's not really my thing....